Whatsername

Chapter Eleven

"So where's red?" Mike asked Tre as we all sat in the dining room, eating my semi-burned pancakes. Well, all of us except Jakob and Joey, who had insisted on eating their pancakes in the kitchen, since evidently Joey is afraid of me.

"Who?" he asked, confused.

"The girl from last night-- red hair, annoying voice?"

"Oh, she was gone before I woke up," he said with a mouthful of food.

I pouted. "Poor Tre."

He shrugged. "Eh, from what I remember, she wasn't that good in bed, anyway."

"Nice," I said, rolling my eyes.

"By the way, is anyone gonna tell me who the fuck this is?!" Tre exclaimed, pointing to Henderson.

"Some appreciation I get for helping your ass in the car last night," she mumbled, glaring at him.

"This is Henderson. You met her last night," Mike said, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, yeah, you're the one who slapped me when I went to grab your boo--"

"No, that was Kate!" Billie added, sounding proud for some reason.

"You tried to grab my chest?!" I gasped, punching him in the arm.

"Ow!"

"Asshole."

"God. Was violence really that necessary?" he asked, rubbing his shoulder.

"Yes!"

"Billie! Tell Kate she can't hit me!" he whined, looking at Billie, who was currently grinning at me.

"Why?" he asked, the stupid smirk on his face getting even bigger.

He pouted, pointing to me. "'Cause, I've known you longer, and that gives me the right to be immune to all of her unnecessary abuse."

"Unnecessary, my ass," I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Tre, shut up," Billie said, rolling his eyes also.

"I love chicken, I love liver. Meow Mix, Meow Mix, please deliver...."

We all turned our heads to Tre as he continued to sing.

"What?" he asked, staring at us. "Fine, I'll shut up...."

_______________________________________ ---

I sighed as I absentmindedly ran the plate I was holding under the faucet. Doing the dishes wasn't fun, but it was better than sitting in the living room and having Billie stare at me while Tre tries to guess the color of Henderson's underwear. Why was he staring at me in the first place? Oh, yeah, last night....

"Are they pink?!" I heard Tre squeal from the living room.

I started to remember little things about the evening, like Billie dancing with me, Tre constantly shoving drinks in my hand, and Mike and Henderson giggling as they whispered things in each other's ears. But why, oh, why, did I have to forget all of the important things? Like everything that happened after we got home, why Billie was dancing with me... or why I suddenly wanted to go to Wendy’s. I groaned, closing my eyes and holding my head in my hand, trying to remember more... when it hit me.


I giggled as Billie closed the front door, singing "Material Girl" --which I distinctly remembered from Tre's Madonna marathon-- after hearing Mike pull out of the driveway.

"'Cause we are liiiiiiving in a material world, and I am a material--" He suddenly stopped, turned around, and smirked at me as I struggled to keep my balance.

"Girl," I finished as I continued to sway back and forth.

"I don't know if I've told you yet, but you look amazing tonight," he slurred, moving closer and wrapping his arms around me.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I mumbled, grabbing onto him in either an attempt to stay standing or just because I was too drunk to think properly.

"Actually, you look pretty fucking hot all the time," he said, looking off to the side, as if he had just realized that.

"You wanna know a secret?" I whispered, giggling.

"Yes!" He grinned excitedly.

"You smell fantastic!"

"I already knew that..." he said, furrowing his eyebrows. "You wanna know a secret?"

"Sure."

"I'm happy it was you."

"Hm?" I mumbled, unbuttoning his shirt.

"I'm happy you're the one I hit, 'cause you-- you're... you're..." he trailed off, sliding his hand up the hem of my dress.

"'Cause I'm what?" I asked.

"You're perfect."


I gasped after feeling a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind me. "Why'd you disappear?" Billie whispered in my ear, making me shiver.

"Well, someone needed to do the dishes," I mumbled, biting my lip as I felt his breath on me.

"Ah. Well, we could have made Tre do it," he said, lightly kissing my neck.

"Please stop," I whispered.

"What?"

"Stop kissing me," I said, taking his hands off of me and turning around.

"Sorry, I just thought it was okay because...," he trailed off. "Never mind."

"No, say what you were gonna say."

"Well, um, you've been okay with it all week, so I just thought it was okay." He shrugged, looking very uncomfortable.

"Yeah, maybe we weren't thinking this week," I sighed. He looked at me, confused for a few seconds, and then nodded.

"Yeah," he said quietly.

"Do you remember last night?" I asked, looking up at him.

"I remember bits and pieces," he sighed. "We were pretty wasted."

"Yeah...."

Billie smiled. "Kate, you have soap on your forehead."

"Oops," I said, wiping my hand over my face.

"Now you have even more," he laughed.

I looked down at my soapy hand and rolled my eyes. "Well, that was pretty smart of me."

"Here, I'll get it," he said, grabbing the dish towel from off the counter, and before I could protest, started wiping my face with it. "There, bubble free." He grinned, setting the towel down and kissing the tip of my nose.

I giggled and bit my lip as I looked into his eyes; big mistake.

I immediately leaned forward and pressed my lips to his, surprising him and myself as I knocked him backwards. It didn't take long for the shock to wear off, and then he was kissing me back, just as forcefully. He continued to kiss me as he pushed me against the counter. I groaned, moving my hand behind his head and grabbing a fistful of his gorgeous black hair, pulling him closer as my other hand reached for his waist.

Well, this time I definitely knew I wasn't thinking... but I couldn't blame myself; it's those beautiful green eyes....

"Billie? Kate?" I heard Tre yell as he ran through the house. We quickly parted and went to separate ends of the kitchen. I went back to the sink, which was currently overflowing since I had left it running when I abandoned it earlier, and Billie stared intently at the cook book he was pretending to read as we tried to catch our breath.

"Hey, guys! Guess where we're going!" Tre squealed, way too excited to notice our deer-caught-in-the-headlights expressions as he ran into the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I remember correctly, the point of view changes have now come to an end. But don't hold me to it; I haven't checked, and I'm not completely sure.

Let us hope I am right though. ^.^

Oh and thankies for all the lovely comments. <3