Whatsername

Chapter Thirteen

"Hey, Kate! Where are you?!" Tre yelled, running around, confused. After a few more minutes of admiring my watch and grinning stupidly at Billie, Tre had finally decided to look for me. I rolled my eyes and stood up as he continued to wander around aimlessly.

"Over here!" I shouted, pointing to the booth. He waved and ran towards us, grinning, as usual.

"Hey, guys!" he shouted, sitting down next to Billie. Billie groaned and rolled his eyes at the loudness of Tre's greeting.

"Lemon lime this time, right?" I asked, reaching for the drinks.

He smirked, and I raised an eyebrow. "I don't need it anymore. I'm set for life."

"How'd you get all of those?" I asked, pointing to the couple hundred tickets he sat down on the table.

"Woah, you must of whacked a shit load of moles," Billie said, wide-eyed.

"Oh, the dude who works here was refilling a machine and this chick walked by; he got distracted by her extremely fake boobs, so I grabbed a bunch of tickets while he wasn't looking and took off. Awesome, huh?" he said with grin, and Billie and I stared at him.

"You stole those?"

"No... I just borrowed them," he corrected, starting to count them himself. "One ticket, two ticket, three ticket--"

"Billie, are you sure he didn't ride the short bus?" I asked, staring at Tre.

"Sometimes I wonder...."

Fifteen minutes later, Billie and I stood next to Tre as he shoved his tickets, one by one, into the counting machine, mumbling things like "Last time I didn't have to do this!" and "What's the point of counting them if they make you shove them in this piece of shit anyway?!" as he did it. After going up to the prize counter with his "fortune", the guy working there rolled his eyes and pointed to the machine, mumbling, "Stick 'em in that." and went back to what he was doing without explaining any further. To say the least, it pissed Tre off.

"I shouldn't have to do this! I'm a fucking celebrity!" Tre shouted, causing a few people to look at us.

"Shut your big mouth and finish what you're doing or we're leaving without getting your prizes," Billie threatened. Tre quickly shut up and started shoving the tickets in faster. After about five more minutes, Tre was done, and the machine printed out a receipt. He stared at it, wide-eyed.

"What?" I asked after he started dancing.

"I'm rich!" he squealed, running back to the prize counter. Billie and I rolled our eyes and followed him. Tre handed the guy the receipt, and his eyebrows raised after reading the amount. He stared back at Tre with a look of complete admiration.

"Dude, you're awesome. How'd you do it?"

Tre shrugged. "What can I say? I have a lot of pent up aggression-- and those moles are just asking for it." Billie and I rolled our eyes again and watched as Tre stared at the wall of prizes behind the guy. "Now-- what are you waiting for?! Get me my squirt gun, bitch!"

"What have I gotten myself into?" I muttered, shaking my head.

______________________________________ ---

"I'm hungry!" Tre whined as we went to find the others.

"We just ate," Billie said, rolling his eyes as he tried to balance the two squirt guns and the stuffed dog Tre had gotten in his hands.

"So? That was a couple hours ago. I'm hungry now."

"Me too," I said, raising my hand.

"Fine," Billie groaned.

"Yay," Tre and I cheered in unison.

"Ooooh! Let's get another pizza!" Tre yelped, waving his hand around excitedly.

"No! That is not pizza! It's cardboard covered in ketchup and burnt cheese!" I yelled, scrunching up my nose in disgust. "We are not getting anymore of that garbage!"

"How dare you insult their pizza!" Tre gasped. "Your palate must not be as sophisticated as mine is. Chuck E. Cheese's pizza is an acquired taste. I can't believe you said tha-- tacos! I want tacos, Billie!"

After an interesting side-trip to Taco Bell, and after dropping Jakob and Joey off with Ms. "Keep your filthy whore out of my house-- and no shoes on the carpet!", since she had suddenly decided to call Mike's cell phone and tell him she needed the boys back that night instead of the next day, Billie and I were finally home after a very long and exhausting day. Mike and Henderson volunteered to take Tre home since he had fallen asleep in Mike's car after eating his weight in tacos. He had tired himself out running laps around the drive-thru, singing random songs, and every once in a while making car noises as he passed the pick-up window. Later on, after he had disappeared for about fifteen minutes, they sent me to look for him. I had found him asleep in the back of Mike's car. I have no idea how he got inside the locked car... but whatever. At least he wasn't beeping anymore.

"Are you gonna get out, or are you gonna sleep in the car?" I opened my eyes, looked to my right, and saw that my door had already been opened, and Billie was kneeling beside me, smirking.

"Oh, sorry. Did I fall asleep?"

"Yeah, you've been asleep ever since Adrienne made you stay in the car," he sighed. I frowned slightly as I remembered her high-pitched complaints about me contaminating her front porch.

"Ah, must've gotten bored," I yawned.

"Well, I don't blame you, that woman can bitch for hours. Sorry it took so long to escape her evil fortress," he apologized with a grin, reaching his hand out for me to grab as he stood up. I gratefully accepted it, and he pulled me out of the car.

I shivered after we started walking up the driveway. "Damn, it's cold."

"Baby," I heard him mutter as he unlocked the front door, and we walked in. I chose to ignore his comment as I let go if his hand, which I had just realized I was still holding, and hung my jacket on the coat rack. "Well, like you said this morning: today was eventful," Billie said, hanging his coat up also.

"That is an enormous understatement," I groaned. He laughed and shook his head.

"Sooo, what do you wanna do?" he asked, looking at me expectantly.

"What do you mean?"

"What do you want to do?" he asked again, slightly slower than the last time.

"I want to sleep."

"Boring," he sighed, rolling his eyes.

"You're insane."

He grinned. "Tell me something I don't know. Let's watch a movie."

"I'm too tired. I just want to go to bed."

"No, watch a movie with me!" he whined.

"Why aren't you tired?"

"I am tired, but I'm not gonna be able to sleep. Watch a movie with me!"

"No, I'm going to bed," I said, starting to walk up the stairs.

"Watch a movie with me, pleeeeease!" he begged. I rolled my eyes and turned around. He was pouting.

I could feel myself caving. "I won't be able to stay awake, Billie. I'll fall asleep as soon as you put it on."

"That's okay. I'll be fine with it if you do," he said. "I'll carry you up to bed once it's over."

I was about to protest again, until I saw the worried look in his eyes. Something was bothering him. Maybe it was Adrienne. "Fine," I sighed, following him back into the living room.

"Yay," he quietly cheered, walking over to the television. I yawned and lay down on the couch, grabbing the blanket off the back of it, draping it over myself.

"You better be able to carry me up those stairs," I mumbled as I watched him wander around the room, looking for the remote. It was becoming harder and harder to keep my eyes open.

"I will."

Next thing I knew, I was being pulled up so I was sitting. I opened my eyes as I was laid back down, my head now in Billie's lap.

"Can't take up the whole couch, princess," he chuckled softly. I closed my eyes again, smiling slightly. Princess...?

"I'm not a princess. I'm an evil troll, and I'll fuck you up old school," I mumbled, his hand stroking my hair as I started to fall asleep again.

"... and you say I'm insane?"

"You are. Our level of insanity is damn near equal. That's why we get along... sort of."

He laughed, leaning down to kiss my forehead. "Thanks for being here, Kate-- even if you are a lunatic."

"Lunatics are the best, though. Great asses. Now shut up, and let me sleep before I say something stupid...."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe, I liked this one. Don't know if you did though....