Whatsername

Chapter Twenty

"Marco?!"

"Polo...."

"Marco?!"

I rolled my eyes, stepping to the side as Billie swam by me. "Polo."

He opened his eyes and sighed. "I hate you."

I laughed as he pouted. "Why do you hate me?"

"Because it's no fun when you're not enthusiastic about it."

"Well, I think this is dumb. All we're doing is wandering around in a pool with our eyes closed, calling out dumb names. Look, even Jakob thinks it's stupid," I said, pointing over to the lawn chair he was currently sleeping in. After about fifteen minutes of playing Billie's highly-suggested game, he had gotten out of the pool and collapsed into the chair, mumbling something about taking a break. Now if only I could find a way out of playing....

"I like it!" Billie's goofy grin made him look like he was five.

"It's boring, though," I whined. "Isn't there anything else we can do?"

He thought for a moment and smirked. "Not with Jakob here, no."

"Perv." I splashed him in the face and started swimming to other side of the pool.

"I was kidding!" he cried, chasing me. "Come on, Marco! Let's hug!"

I stopped swimming and turned around, raising my eyebrows. "Are you completely insane?"

"Nope!" he said with a grin. "Only slightly! Tag, you're it."

I coughed, spitting out the water that had gotten into my mouth when Billie had splashed me back, and I glared at him as he quickly turned around, giggling like a little girl, and hurried to the other end of the pool. How childish is that?

"You are so dead!" I yelled.

And so it began....

We splashed each other back and forth for at least twenty minutes, Billie complaining that I wasn't playing fair the entire time. How can you cheat when splashing someone? He was such a baby.

"I'm going to get you!"

I looked back, and Billie was right behind me, a crazy smirk on his face. "No, you're not!" I was amazed that Jakob didn't wake up during any of our screaming and splashing. He must have been really exhausted.

I quickly climbed out of the side of the pool and started running toward the house, trying to ignore the ice-fucking-cold breeze that blew on my wet skin. Just one of the many downsides of swimming in a heated pool during a cloudy day and jumping out if it to run from a lunatic.

As I sprinted through the backyard, screaming for no reason except I was scared of being caught, I glanced to the right and noticed Billie's neighbor staring at me with raised eyebrows. I must have a knack for causing scenes.... I was halfway to the back door when I decided, once inside, I was going to lock Billie out, but I never made it to that part of the plan. Three feet from the sliding door, I was suddenly tackled to the ground.

Being shoved, face-first, into a wet lawn hurts. A lot.

"Gotcha!" Billie giggled. I groaned and turned over, glaring at him as he grinned down at me. "You've got grass all over you!"

"Yeah, that's because I'm wet and some moron decided to knock me to the ground," I grumbled.

He propped himself up on his arms and shrugged. "You started it, princess."

"Stop calling me that."

"Nooo," he said, smirking.

I rolled my eyes. "Let me up."

"Um... nope."

"Oh my god. How old are you?" I asked, staring at him.

"Old enough," he replied, sticking his nose up. "You know, you're pretty comfortable. I might just stay here all day." I noticed the goose bumps on his skin and sighed. No matter how cold it was, it didn't look like he was going to give up anytime soon.

"I hate you. Why must you keep sitting on me?!" I squealed as he wiggled around. "I'm sorry! There, move!"

"No, thanks," he sighed.

"But I said I was sorry!"

"I don't care. I'm comfy."

I groaned and tried to push him off of me, but he was heavier than he looked, I guess. "What do I have to do to get you off?" I asked hesitantly.

He glanced to the side and rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Hm... what does one do with such a golden opportunity?"

After a few minutes of deep contemplating, Billie's head suddenly turned toward the house; a loud horn being repeatedly honked and what sounded like a car hitting a curb and skidding to a stop was heard coming from the front yard. Billie and I both groaned.

"Tre...."

Billie reluctantly rolled off of me and glared at the sky as he lay next me. "Do you think anyone would find out if I buried him in the backyard?"

I gave a tired shrug and tried to enjoy my last few moments of silence while I could.

"I swear, every time I come here, the door's locked! It's like he's trying to keep me out. Next time, I'm going to kick his-- oh! Hi, Billie!"

I glanced to my right and saw that Tre was walking around the side of the house, Frankito right behind him. "Hello, Tre," I sighed.

"You guys went swimming without me?" he gasped. "Why would you do that?"

Billie rolled his eyes. "Maybe 'cause we wanted to?"

"Oh... Kate's in a bikini! Yay!"

I glanced back at him as he started to dance and rolled my eyes.

______________________________________ ---

"Kaaaaate?"

"Whaaaat?" I asked, looking back at Frankito as I cleaned the TV screen. If it wasn't for me, Billie's house would be filled to the ceiling with dust bunnies, and he'd also starve to death.

"Do you have a boyfriend...?"

I dropped the duster and turned around. "Um, why do you want to know?"

"Yeah, why do you wanna know?" Jakob asked, crossing his arms as he walked into the living room.

He grinned. "You're pretty."

"Not again," I groaned.

"No!" Jakob shouted. "She's mine! I've known her longer! I call her!"

I watched in shock as they continued to scream and fight about over who got me. Didn't I get a say in it?

"Mine! Mine! Mine!" Frankito squealed as he covered his ears and spun around in circles. Tre and Billie ran in.

"Hey, hey, hey! What's going on?" Billie yelled, pulling Jakob back as he attempted to punch Frankito. Neither one of the boys said anything; they just continued to glare at each other.

I cleared my throat. "They were fighting... over me."

Tre blinked. "Are you serious?"

I nodded, and they started laughing. "It's not funny!"

"Yes, it is," Billie said as he giggled.

"Hah. That's hilarious. But, Frankito, you seriously need to back off. Jakob, you too. Kate's mine!" Tre said, trying to put his arm around my shoulder. I pushed it off and rolled my eyes, going to sit on the couch. Frankito and Jakob sighed and left the room to play, now perfectly fine, as if they hadn't just been fighting two minutes before.

"Well, I guess that's over." I smiled as Tre pouted, and Billie smirked at me.

Tre's eyes suddenly lit up. "I know! I'll get you drunk, and then you'll love me, for sure!"

Billie snickered and gave me a sideways glance. "Tre, there isn't enough alcohol in the world for that to happen."

"Kate loves me and you know it!"

"Yeah, Tre, keep telling yourself that," Billie said, giving him a thumbs up and a pat on the back.

He grumbled and left the room, shouting, "Fine! I'll eat all your food, asshole!"

______________________________________ ---

"Tre?" I asked as I watched him search the kitchen cabinets. Two hours had gone by, and he was still trying to eat Billie's food.

"Mmguh?" he grunted with a mouthful of peanut butter.

"Aren't you going to get sick if you eat that much?"

He smiled and shook his head no.

I sighed and bit my lip. "Where's Billie?"

He slowly chewed and swallowed. "He went to Adrienne's."

"Why?" I tried to sound nonchalant.

"He had to pick up Joey and take his ring over. She wants it for some fucking reason," he explained tiredly.

"Oh. So she wants his ring, and you have no clue why?"

"Pretty much."

"Does Billie know why?"

He sighed. "What's with all the questions?"

I shrugged and glanced down at the counter top. "Dunno...."

"He said something about her wanting it back, and that he didn't want it here anyway," he murmured after a moment. "I guess that's why. Happy now?"

"Um, yeah." That did make me feel a little better. "I mean, I don't really care, so yeah."

"You're weird," he said, laughing, "but oh so cute!"

I swatted his hand away as he tried to pinch my cheek. "Knock it off."

"Fine," he said, rolling eyes. "You know, Billie desperately needs to go to the grocery store. I like the grocery store," he mumbled as I tried to stop myself from thinking. Who cared what Billie was doing at Adrienne's, right...? "The one with the motorcycle ride in the front is my favorite, I think. The dude that owns it is an ass, though. He 'banned' me from riding it. What a douche."

"Do you think there's a possibility that Billie and Adrienne will ever get back together?" My eyes widened after that spilled out of my mouth. Nice job at trying not to sound interested.

He stopped ranting about grocery stores and looked thoughtful. "Um... I really doubt it. She's been saying something about having a boyfriend. She called me the other day and was bragging about him. Don't know why she calls me of all people. Maybe it's my extreme sexiness and awesome advice. Anyway, now we need to find Billie someone, huh?" He knocked his elbow into mine and wiggled his eyebrows as he walked by me.

"Uh, yeah...."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo... new chapter. It feels completely different posting a new one. Makes me way more nervous. o_o