Supernatural Diaries of Oli Smith.

Wendigo

"You okay?" Dean asked Sam who was sleeping in the front seat of the Impala.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Sam said rubbing his face and looking out the window of the car. Dean only nodded.

"Another nightmare?" I asked Sam. Sam cleared his throat.

"You wanna drive for a while?" Dean asked his brother making Sam laugh a little.

"Dean, your whole life you never once asked me that." Sam said looking

"Just thought you might want to. Never mind." Dean shrugged

"Look, man, you're worried about me. Both of you are." Sam said looking back at me. "I get it, and thank you, but I'm perfectly okay."

"Mm-hm." Was Dean's only response.

"All right, where are we?" Sam asked looking out the window.

"We are just outside of Grand Junction." I said before Dean could answer his brother. I leaned against the front seat and looked at the map that was next to Dean on the bench.

"You know what?" Same started. "Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon."

"Sam, we dug around there for a week. We came up with nothing. If you wanna find the thing that killed Jessica—" Dean started. I looked at him and waited for him to finish but Sam interrupted.

"We gotta find Dad first." Sam said with a sigh.

"Dad disappearing—" Dean cleared his throat. "—and this thing showing up again after twenty years, it's no coincidence."

"John will have answers. He'll know what to do." I said working my way into the conversation with them so that I would not feel so left out.

"It's weird, man." Sam said glancing at his brother. "These coordinates he left us. This Blackwater Ridge."

"What about it?" Dean and I asked at the same time.

"There's nothing there. It's just woods." Sam said setting down the map. "Why is he sending us to the middle of nowhere?"

"Maybe he found something." I suggested as we drove past the National Forest sign that says, "Welcome to Lost Creek Colorado National Forest". We pulled up to the ranger station and I stayed outside to get a look around as the boys went inside to get some information from the ranger. I notice that the guys are coming out so I approach them.

"Nothing out of the ordin... What, are you cruising for a hookup or something?" I asked Dean as he held a piece of paper in his hand. Sam obviously caught on to what I meant.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked me which only cause Sam and I to chuckle.

"The coordinates point to Blackwater Ridge, so what are we waiting for? Let's just go find Dad. I mean, why even talk to this girl?" Sam said opening the door for me to get inside.

"I don't know, maybe we should know what we're walking into before we actually walk into it?" Dean shrugged as I climbed into the backseat.

"What?" Sam asked.

"Since when are you all shoot first ask questions later, anyway?" I asked Sam which caused Dean to chuckle.

"Since now." Sam said.

"Really?" Dean asked. I glared at them and leaned over to Dean.

"Can we please go? I'm hungry." I whined causing Dean to flip me off.

* * *


We pulled up to the Collins' residence and parked the car on the road.

"You must be Haley Collins. I'm Dean, this is Sam and Olivia, we're, ah, we're rangers with the Park Service. Ranger Wilkinson sent us over. He wanted us to ask a few questions about your brother Tommy." Dean said flashing her a smile. I noticed that she hesitated.

"Lemme see some ID." This Haley girl said looking at us. Dean pulled out a fake ID with the name 'Samuel Cole' and holds it up against the screen. Haley looked at it and then opened the door.

"Come on in." She said giving us a questioning look.

"Thanks." Dean and I say at the same time.

"That yours?" Haley asked Dean.

"Yeah." Dean said smugly.

"Nice car." Haley said. I rolled my eyes at her and Sam smacked my arm softly.

"So if Tommy's not due back for a while, how do you know something's wrong?" Sam asked Haley. I kept my eyes on her to see if I noticed anything out of the ordinary.

"He checks in every day by cell. He emails, photos, stupid little videos—we haven't heard anything in over three days now." Haley said looking at her brother who was at the table.

"Well, maybe he can't get cell reception." I offered. She shook her head at me.

"He's got a satellite phone, too." Haley said looking at me with gentle eyes.

"Could it be he's just having fun and forgot to check in?" Dean said.

"He wouldn't do that." Haley's brother Ben said finally. Dean and I looked Ben over causing him to look away.

"Our parents are gone. It's just my two brothers and me. We all keep pretty close tabs on each other." Haley said and I chuckled at that which made me clad that I was an only child.

"Can I see the pictures he sent you?" Sam asked her. Haley nodded and pulled up pictures on her laptop.

"That's Tommy." Haley said clicking twice and another picture comes up, then the still frame opening the latest video.

"Hey Haley, day six, we're still out near Blackwater Ridge. We're fine, keeping safe, so don't worry, okay? Talk to you tomorrow." The man in the video says. As I watched the video, I spotted a shadow flicking past.

"Well, we'll find your brother. We're heading out to Blackwater Ridge first thing." Dean said.

"Then maybe I'll see you there. Look, I can't sit around here anymore. So I hired a guy. I'm heading out in the morning, and I'm gonna find Tommy myself." Haley said looking at me.

"I think I know how you feel." Dean muttered.

"Hey, do you mind forwarding these to me?" Sam asked obviously he had seen the same thing as me.

"Sure." Haley agreed and we left without asking her anymore questions.

* * *


I cursed the guys for sending me to this house on my own. Sure I had done this many times in the past but now I was with Dean and Sam but yet here I was on my own going to talk to the one and only survivor.

"Look, ranger, I don't know why you're asking me about this. It's public record. I was a kid. My parents got mauled by a—" Shaw started but I interrupted him.

"Grizzly? That's what attacked them?" I asked him. He nodded and took a long drag from his cigarette.

"The other people that went missing that year, those bear attacks too?" I asked Shaw but he stayed silent. "What about all the people that went missing this year? Same thing?" Again he was silent. "We knew what we were dealing with, we might be able to stop it."

"I seriously doubt that. Anyways, I don't see what difference it would make." Shaw said as he sat down. "You wouldn't believe me. Nobody ever did." I sat down across from Shaw and looked at him.

"Mr. Shaw, what did you see?" I asked him.

"Nothing. It moved too fast to see. It hid too well. I heard it, though. A roar. Like...no man or animal I ever heard." Shaw said letting out a shaky breath.

"It came at night?" I asked him which caused him to nod. "Got inside your tent?"

"It got inside our cabin. I was sleeping in front of the fireplace when it came in. It didn't smash a window or break the door. It unlocked it. Do you know of a bear that could do something like that? I didn't even wake up till I heard my parents screaming." Shaw said wincing at the memory.

"It killed them?" I asked him softly.

"Dragged them off into the night." Shaw shook his head. "Why it left me alive...been asking myself that ever since." Shaw paused and his hands go to his collar. "Did leave me this, though. Shaw opened his collar to reveal three long scars. I looked at it carefully. "There's something evil in those woods. It was some sort of a demon."

* * *


We pull up to where Haley is with Ben and a man that we have no idea who he is. All eyes turn to us and Haley shakes her head at us.The three of us get out of the car and approach the group.

"You guys got room for three more?" Dean asked them.

"Wait, you want to come with us?" Haley asked.

"Who are these guys?" The man asked Haley.

"Apparently this is all the park service could muster up for the search and rescue." Haley said causing me to roll my eyes.

"You're rangers?" The man asked.

"That's right." Dean said smugly.

"And you're hiking out in biker boots and jeans?" Haley asked Dean. Dean looked down at what he was wearing and looked back up at Haley.

"Well, sweetheart, I don't do shorts." Dean said as he pushed past Haley.

"What, you think this is funny? It's dangerous back country out there. Her brother might be hurt." The man who I learned was named Roy said.

"Believe me, I know how dangerous it can be. We just wanna help them find their brother, that's all." I said looking at Dean who looked as if I had taken the words right out of his mouth.

* * *


We hiked a little bit and I was starting to get tired of the silence that was amongst the group. Dean was up front with Roy who was leading. Haley and Ben were in the middle and Sam was behind me. I turned to him and noticed his eyes were on my ass.

"Hey, eyes up, Samuel. Eyes up." I said looking at him with a laugh when he flushed red. I looked forward and noticed that Dean had turned around to glare at Sam and I.

"Roy, you said you did a little hunting." Dean questioned the leader as he turned back around to face the front.

"Yeah, more than a little." Roy said looking around.

"Uh-huh. What kind of furry critters do you hunt?" Dean said very sassily.

"Mostly buck, sometimes bear." Roy said. I watched Dean pass Roy.

"Tell me, uh, Bambi or Yogi ever hunt you back?" Dean asked him. I tensed up as Roy grabbed a hold of Dean. "Whatcha doing, Roy?" Roy picks up a stick and pokes the bear trap that Dean had almost stepped in.

"You should watch where you're stepping. Ranger." Roy said as he drops the stick and retakes the lead.

"It's a bear trap." Dean said. We got a few feet before Haley was rushing up to Dean.

"You didn't pack any provisions. You guys are carrying a duffel bag. You're not rangers." Haley said as she grabbed Dean's arm. "So who the hell are you?

"Sam and I are brothers, and we're looking for our father. He might be here, we don't know. I just figured that you and me, we're in the same boat." Haley points to me. "Oli is a family friend."

"Why didn't you just tell me that from the start?" Haley asked Dean.

"I'm telling you now. 'sides, it's probably the most honest I've ever been with a woman. ...ever. So we okay?" Dean said looking uncomfortable. "And what do you mean I didn't pack provisions?" I watched Dean pull out his big bag of M&Ms and stick some in his mouth as we walked. I shook my head at him.

As we approached a clearing in the woods, Haley whispered something to her brother that I couldn't quite make out but whatever it was that she said made her brother turn and glare at me. I looked at Dean and he noticed that Ben had glared at me. I jokingly blew Dean a kiss as no one else was noticing us and smirked at me sending a wink my way. I shook my head at him. We had always been the joking type when it came to flirting. It was just how we were.

"This is it. Blackwater Ridge." Roy said. Sam walked past Roy as I caught up with Dean and stood next to him.

"What coordinates are we at?" Sam asked him.

"Thirty-five and minus one-eleven." Roy said not looking at us.

"You hear that?" Dean asks me. I look around the woods trying to hear anything.

"Yeah. Not even crickets." I said looking at him with concerned eyes. "Something is definitely out here."

"I'm gonna go take a look around." Roy said scanning the forest.

"You shouldn't go off by yourself." Sam tells Roy.

"That's sweet. Don't worry about me." Roy said with a roll of his eyes. I glared at him as Dean takes a few steps forward as Roy walks into the forest.

"All right, everybody stays together. Let's go." Dean said looking back at us. He especially looked at me because I had a knack of going off on my own because I would get distracted by something else which usually always got me in a ton of trouble.

"Yes, mother." I said saluting Dean. He gave me a stern look which only met that he wasn't playing around with me this time. I cleared my throat and followed at the end of the line and kept my eyes opened for anything that was out of the ordinary. I noticed that both Sam and Dean kept glancing back to make sure that I was still following behind them.

"Haley! Over here!" We heard Roy yell from a few yards ahead of us. Haley ran towards Roy's voice with us following.

"Oh my God." Haley stated as we stared at torn open and bloody tents. I noticed that all the supplies were scattered all over the forest floor.

"Looks like a grizzly." Roy said smugly to Dean, Sam and I.

"Tommy?" Haley called loudly as she removed her backpack and moved through the campsite. "Tommy!"

"Shh." Sam said as he caught up with Haley.

"Tommy!" Haley yelled.

"For Pete's sake will you shut up." I hissed at her causing Dean to looking at me and chuckle.

"Shh-hh-hh!" Sam told Haley.

"Why?" Haley asked Sam.

"Something might still be out there." Sam said nodding at me.

"Sam! Oli!' Dean called to us. Sam and I go over to Dean and crouch next to him.

"The bodies were dragged from the campsite. But here, the tracks just vanish. That's weird." Dean said looking at Sam as they stand up. I remaining crouched as I look at the forest ground.

"I'll tell you what, that's no skinwalker or black dog." I said as I stood up so we can get back to the others.

"Help! Help!" Someone off in the distance yells. We follow Roy as he leads the way to find the person who was yelling. "Help! Help!"

"It seemed like it was coming from around here, didn't it?" Haley said. We stayed silent as we listened for more sounds.

"Everybody back to camp." Sam said to the group and led the way back to where we had just been.

"Our packs!" Haley said noticing that our gear was gone.

"So much for my GPS and my satellite phone." Roy said shaking his head.

"What the hell is going on?" Haley said looking at Dean, Sam, and I.

"It's smart. It wants to cut us off so we can't call for help." I said looking at Sam and Dean.

"You mean someone, some nutjob out there just stole all our gear." Roy retorted looking at us. Sam came over to where I was standing with Dean.

"I need to speak with both you. In private." Sam said. We follow behind Sam a little ways away from the group.

"Good. Let me see Dad's journal." Sam said. Dean handed Sam the journal and Sam turns the pages until he finds the page that he was looking for. "All right, check that out."

"Oh come on, wendigos are in the Minnesota woods or, or northern Michigan. I've never even heard of one this far west." Dean groaned as he looked at his brother.

"Think about it, Dean, the claws, the way it can mimic a human voice." Same said.

"Great." I groaned taking out my pistol. "Well then this is useless." Sam hands the journal back to Dean and looks at me.

"We gotta get these people to safety." Sam says as we rush back to the campsite. "All right, listen up, it's time to go. Things have gotten...more complicated."

"What?" Ben and Haley said looking at the three of us.

"Kid, don't worry. Whatever's out there, I think I can handle it." Roy said smirking at us.

"It's not me I'm worried about. If you shoot this thing, you're just gonna make it mad. We have to leave. Now." I said getting into Roy's face. I was face beyond annoyed with this guy.

"One, you're talking nonsense. Two, you're in no position to give anybody orders." Roy said pointing his finger at me and glaring at me.

"Relax." Dean said.

"We never should have let you come out here in the first place, all right?" Sam said. Roy scoffed.

"We are trying to protect you." I said loudly. Roy takes a step towards me which causing Dean to move towards us.

"You protect me? I was hunting these woods when your mommy was still kissing you good night." Roy smirked at me.

"Yeah? It's a damn near perfect hunter. It's smarter than you, and it's gonna hunt you down and eat you alive unless we get your stupid sorry ass out of here." Sam said.

"You know you're crazy, right?" Roy said.

"Yeah? You ever hunt a wen—" I began but Dean cut me off by yanking me back.

"Roy!" Haley said loudly.

"Chill out." Dean whispered to me.

"Stop. Stop it. Everybody just stop. Look. Tommy might still be alive. And I'm not leaving here without him." Haley said making everyone stop.

"It's getting late. This thing is a good hunter in the day, but an unbelievable hunter at night. We'll never beat it, not in the dark. We need to settle in and protect ourselves." Dean said looking at me for a moment before looking away.

"How?" Haley asked.

* * *


After Roy had ran off, we had tried to find our way back to where the Anasazi symbols were so that we could be safe but we weren't having too much luck due to the fact that it was really dark at this point. I wiped the sweat from my forehead as I walked at the end of the group.

I stopped when I heard some crunching leaves and snapping twigs coming from behind me. I turned and noticed that there was nothing behind me except an empty forest. I looked around a few times before turning back to face a Wendigo. I froze and looked at him as a scream escaped my lips.

"Dean!" I screamed but my screams were cut short as the Wendigo snatched me up.

"Olivia!" I heard Dean yell in the distance as the Wendigo carried me off.

* * *


"Dean! Oli!" Sam says shaking me from my passed out state. I try to open my eyes but I can't bring myself to do it.

"Haley, wake up!" Ben's voice comes from my right.

"Dean!" Sam said further from me. "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah. Check Oli." I heard Dean struggle to say.

"Oli, are you okay?" Sam asks me. I groan which earns a chuckled from the Winchester brothers.

"You sure you're all right?" Sam asked Dean who grimaces but notices me watching him.

"Are you okay?" Dean asked me.

"Yeah. Yep. Where is he?" I asked Sam who looked at me with worried eyes.

"He's gone for now." Sam sighed.

"Tommy..." Haley put her hand on her brother's cheek and he jerked his head up which caused Haley to jump back and scream. "Cut him down!" Sam cuts down Tom as Dean and I start to collect the packs and supplies. "We're gonna get you home."

"Check it out." Dean calls to Sam and I. We both turn and smile at him.

"Flare guns. Those'll work." Sam and I say.

We begin to make our way down a tunnel that was hopefully leading us to our way out. Dean and Sam were leading us with the flare guns in their hands while I followed behind the group to make sure that nothing happened to Haley, Ben and Tom.

"Looks like someone's home for supper." Dean said sarcastically.

"We'll never outrun it." Haley said with a small squeal. Dean looks at us.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Dean asked Sam and I.

"I don't like it." I said to him.

"Yeah, I think so." Sam said as they both ignored me.

"All right, listen to me. Stay with Sam. He's gonna get you out of here." Dean said to us.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked him. He winks at me before walking away.

"Chow time, you freaky bastard! Yeah, that's right, bring it on, baby, I taste good." Dean yells at the Wendigo. I curse him for doing something so stupid.

"All right, come on! Hurry!" Sam said as he rushed us down the tunnel. As the growling comes near, Sam yells at me. "Get them outta here."

"Sam, no." I said looking at him with sad eyes.

"Go! Go! Go!" Sam yells at me.

"Come on, Haley!" Ben yells as he and Haley help Tom down the tunnel behind me. The sound of the flare was heard behind me followed by Sam catching up and the Wendigo right behind him.

"Come on, hurry, hurry, hurry." Sam said from right behind me. We reach the end of a tunnel adn I look to Sam for our next move. "Get behind me."

"Hey!" Dean says getting the Wendigo's attention. Dean sends a shot to the Wendigo's stomach and the flares set the Wendigo on fire. "Not bad, huh?"

* * *


"Do something like that again and I will kill you." I told Dean as he and I watched the ambulance driveway with Haley and her brothers inside. He put his arm over my shoulders and pressed a small kiss to my head. I instantly felt guilt rush through me. I was still with James.

I moved away from Dean and called James. It rang several times before it was answered.

"Hello?" A female voice answered his phone.

"Who the fuck is this?" I asked.

"Mandy. Who is this?" She asked me.

"James' ex-girlfriend as of right now." I said hanging up. I marched over to the Impala and climbed into the backseat. I did not want to talk to anyone.

"Everything alright?" Dean asked me. I nodded. He stayed silent as Sam joined us.

"Where are we off to now?" Sam asked. I groaned.

"Lake Manitoc in Wisconsin. Unless Oli would much rather go to Boston to be with James." Dean said. I shook my head.

"He was cheating." I licked my lips. "I just dumped him."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oli's Outfit