Supernatural Diaries of Oli Smith.

Phantom Traveler

As the door opened, I woke up and slipped my hand under my pillow to grab the knife that was underneath my head. I turned away from Dean's back and noticed that it was just Sam and he was carrying coffee and pastries.

"Morning, sunshines." Sam said smiling at us.

"What time is it?" Dean asked Sam.

"Uh, it's about five forty-five." Sam said looking at his watch.

"In the morning?" Dean asked with a groan.

"Yep." Sam smirked.

"Are you shitting me?" I asked Sam.

"Nope." He said smugly.

"Where does the day go?" Dean stated as he sat up. "Did you get any sleep last night?"

"Yeah, I grabbed a couple hours." Sam said turning away from his brother. I sat up quickly and pointed at him.

"Liar. 'Cause I was up at three, and you were watching a George Foreman infomercial." I said looking at him with narrowed eyes. The brothers looked at me.

"Hey, what can I say? It's riveting TV." Sam said with a shrug.

"That's bullshit."

"When was the last time you got a good night's sleep?" Dean asked his brother completely ignoring me and my sass and attitude.

"I don't know, a little while, I guess. It's not a big deal." Sam said shrugging his shoulders. Dean grabbed two coffees and handed one to me.

"Yeah, it is." Dean said sitting back down on the bed that we were sharing.

"Look, I appreciate your concern—" Sam began.

"Oh, I'm not concerned about you. It's your job to keep my ass alive, so I need you sharp." Dean said which only caused Sam to shrug. "Seriously, are you still having nightmares about Jess?"

"Yeah. But it's not just her. It's everything. I just forgot, you know? This job. Man, it gets to you." Sam said running a hand through his hair.

"You can't let it. You can't bring it home like that." Dean said.

"So, what? All this it...never keeps you up at night?" Sam asked Dean. I watched Dean shake his head as Sam approached Dean where he was sitting on the bed where he slept. "Never? You're never afraid?"

"No, not really." Dean said. Sam reached under Dean's pillow and pulled out a large hunting knife. He pointed at it. Dean snatched the knife back.

"That's not fear. That is precaution." Dean said. "Plus, Oli has one, too." Dean grabbed my hunting knife from under my pillow and waved it in front of Sam's face.

"Dick." I said smacking the back of Dean's head.

"All right, whatever. I'm too tired to argue." Sam said with a sigh. I was about to ask where we were heading off to when Dean's phone began to ring.

"Hello?" Dean answered the phone as he stood up from the bed. "Oh, right, yeah. Up in Kittanning, Pennsylvania, the poltergeist thing. It's not back, is it?" I eyed Dean as he spoke to the person on the phone."What is it?"

"What's going on?" Sam asked him brother.

"Get your shit together. We are leaving." Dean said. Sam grabbed his bag and went to the car leaving Dean and I alone.

"Where are we off to, Dean?" I asked him. He stopped packing and looked at me. He approached me with his eyes looking down at me.

"Pennsylvania, sweet cheeks." He said looking at me. I licked my lips as I removed the sheet from my lower body and stood up. I noticed that Dean was checking me out.

"I'll get dressed and then we can go." I told him. I walked past him and he swung his hand down and smacked my ass. "Dean Samuel Winchester."

"Olivia I don't know your middle name Smith." Dean smirked at me. I licked my lips and turned back and walked towards him.

"You'll never know." I whispered in his ear. I turned and went into the bathroom to get dressed.

* * *


"Hey." Some woman said to Dean as we started to walk out of the printing shop.

"Hi." Dean replied. I smacked his arm and the flirtacious woman glared at him muttering that he was a pig as she stormed away. Dean narrowed his eyes at me.

"You've been in there forever." Sam complained. Dean held up two fake IDs.

"You can't rush perfection." Dean said then pointed at me. "Plus she was teasing the poor guy as I made these." I shrugged in response as I fixed my top of cover up my chest.

"Homeland Security?" Sam questioned as he took one of the IDs. "That's pretty illegal, even for us."

"Yeah, well, it's something new. You know? People haven't seen it a thousand times." Dean said as we got in the Impala. "All right, so, what do you got?"

"Well, there's definitely EVP on the cockpit voice recorder." Sam said talking about the discussion they had with Jerry.

"Yeah?" Dean asked as he pulled away from the curb and started down the street.

"Listen." Sam said as he plays the tape which has been edited to pull out a scratchy voice.

"No survivors!" The voice said.

"Uh "No survivors"? What's that supposed to mean? There were seven survivors." I said looking at the brothers.

"Got me." Sam shrugged.

"So, what are you thinking? A haunted flight?" Dean suggested.

"There's a long history of spirits and death omens on planes and ships, like phantom travelers." Sam said.

"Mm-hmm." Dean said glancing back at me but I chose to ignore him and looked away quickly.

"Or remember flight 401?" Sam asked.

"Right. The one that crashed, the airline salvaged some of its parts, put it in other planes, then the spirit of the pilot and copilot haunted those flights." I said tapping Sam on the shoulder. "That shit was crazy."

"Right." Sam said unsure of how to respond to me.

"Yep." I said sitting back against the seat with a yawn.

"Maybe we got a similar deal." Sam suggested.

"All right, so, survivors, which one do you want to talk to first?" Dean asked.

"Third on the list: Max Jaffey." Sam said.

"Why him?" Dean asked.

"Well, for one, he's from around here. And two, if anyone saw anything weird, he did." Sam said looking at me.

"What makes you say that?" Dean asked his brother.

"Well, I spoke to his mother." Sam looked at Dean.

"I'll go and talk to him alone." I said but Dean shook his head. "And why not Dean?"

"This guy is in a mental hospital." Dean said. "I'll go with you."

* * *


"I don't understand. I already spoke with Homeland Security." Max said crossing his arms over his chest and looking at us.

"Right. Some new information has come up. So if you could just answer a couple questions..." Dean said looking over at me.

"Just before the plane went down, did you notice anything...unusual?" I asked Max. He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Like what?" Max asked.

"Strange lights, weird noises, maybe. Voices." Dean said.

"No, nothing." Max said.

"Mr. Joffey—" Dean said but Max interrupted him. I groaned and rolled my eyes at how dumb Dean could be.

"Jaffey." Max corrected him.

"Jaffey. You checked yourself in here, right?" Dean asked. I watched Max nod. "Can I ask why?"

"I was a little stressed. I survived a plane crash." Max said looking at me.

"Uh huh. And that's what terrified you? That's what you were afraid of?"

"I...I don't want to talk about this anymore." Max said shaking his head.

"See, I think maybe you did see something up there. We need to know what." Dean said.

"No. No, I was...delusional. Seeing things." Max said.

"He was seeing things." Dean scoffed. I smacked him on his arm and looked at Max.

"It's okay, honey. Then just tell us what you thought you saw, please." I said to Max. He looked at me and I nodded for him to go on.

"There was...this—man. And, uh, he had these...eyes—these, uh...black eyes. And I saw him—or I thought I saw him..." Max said struggling to find his words.

"What did you see?" I asked him.

"He opened the emergency exit. But that's...that's impossible, right? I mean, I looked it up. There's something like two tons of pressure on that door." Max said.

"Yeah." Dean said.

"This man, uh, did he seem to appear and disappear rapidly? It would look something like a mirage?" I asked Max and he looked over at me as if I was crazy.

"What are you, nuts?" Max asked. I tilted my head to the side. "He was a passenger. He was sitting right in front of me."

* * *


"So here we are. George Phelps, seat 20C." Sam said as we pulled up to the Phelps residence. I rubbed my head and adjusted my glasses.

"Hmm. Man, I don't care how strong you are." Dean said shaking his head. We exited the car and made our way up to the house. "Even yoked up on PCP or something, no way you can open up an emergency door during a flight."

"Not if you're human. But maybe this guy George was something else. Some kind of creature, maybe, in human form." Sam said.

"Does that look like a creature's lair to you?" Dean said as we walked up the porch steps. I winced as I felt a jab of pain shoot through my body.

* * *


"This is your late husband?" Sam asked Mrs. Phelps looking at a framed picture of Mr. Phelps.

"Yes, that was my George." Mrs. Phelps said looking at the picture for a minute before looking away.

"And you said he was a...dentist?" Dean asked.

"Mm-hm. He was headed to a convention in Denver. Do you know that he was petrified to fly? For him to go like that..." Mrs. Phelps stopped and looked at me. "Are you alright?"

"Aspirin?" I asked her. She pointed to the kitchen and I left the room quickly but I continued to listen to the guys talk with Mrs. Phelps.

"How long were you married?" Sam asked.

"Thirteen years."

"In all that time, did you ever notice anything...strange about him, anything out of the ordinary?" Sam asked Mrs. Phelps as I re-entered the room.

"Well...uh, he had acid reflux, if that's what you mean." Mrs. Phelps said. The guys exchanged weird glances before we said goodbye to Mrs. Phelps. We walked out the front door and walked down the steps.

"I mean it goes without saying. It just doesn't make any sense." Sam said shaking his head as I walked in front of them to the car.

"A middle-aged dentist with an ulcer is not exactly evil personified. You know what we need to do is get inside that NTSB warehouse, check out the wreckage." Dean said.

"Okay. But if we're gonna go that route, we'd better look the part." Sam said.

* * *


I laid in bed next to Dean as he was doing research for the job we were working. I didn't want to do any research because I was tired. I shut my eyes as Sam tapped away on the computer.

"So, every religion in every world culture has the concept of demons and demonic possession, right? I mean Christian, Native American, Hindu, you name it." Sam said.

"Yeah, but none of them describe anything like this." Dean said. I opened one eye to see that Dean was looking down at me.

"Well, that's not exactly true. You see according to Japanese beliefs, certain demons are behind certain disasters, both natural and man-made. One causes earthquakes, another causes disease." Sam said.

"And this one causes plane crashes?" Dean said as he got up. "All right, so, what? We have a demon that's evolved with the times and found a way to ratchet up the body count?"

"Yeah. You know, who knows how many planes it's brought down before this one?" Sam said causing Dean to snort. "What?"

"I don't know, man. This isn't our normal gig. I mean, demons, they don't want anything, just death and destruction for its own sake. This is big. And I wish Dad was here." Dean said sitting back down on the bed we were sharing.

"Yeah. Me too." Sam said as Dean's phone starts to ring. He answers it and leans towards me putting some weight on me.

"Hello?" Dean said. "Oh, hey, Jerry." He paused to listen to what Jerry had to say. "Wha—Jerry, I'm sorry. What happened?" Dean put all his weight on me. "Where'd this happen?" Dean chuckled. "I'll try to ignore the irony in that." He shook his head and put more weight on me. "Nothing. Jerry, hang in there, all right? We'll catch up with you soon."

"Another crash?" Sam asked his brother.

"Yeah. Let's go." Dean said. I groaned and pushed Dean off of me so I could get up.

"Where?" I asked Dean. He looked up at me.

"Nazareth. " Dean said. I chuckled at the irony. "I know."

* * *


"Damn it! So close." Dean cursed as his plan to stall Amanda failed.

"Thank you for flying United Britannia Airlines." A voice on the intercom said.

"All right, it's time for plan B. We're getting on that plane." Sam said. I stopped walking and looked at him.

"Whoa, whoa, now just hold on a second." Dean said as I looked at a wide-eyed Dean.

"Oli, Dean, that plane is leaving with over a hundred passengers on board, and if we're right, that plane is gonna crash."

"I know." Dean said in annoyance.

"Okay. So we're getting on the plane, we need to find that demon and exorcise it. I'll get the tickets. You get whatever you can out of the trunk. Whatever that will make it through the security. Meet me back here in five minutes." Sam said. I noticed that both Dean and I were anxious.

"Are you guys okay?" Sam asked us. I nodded my head.

"No, not really." Dean said.

"What? What's wrong?" Sam asked.

"Well, I kind of have this problem with, uh..." Dean stuttered.

"Flying?" Sam asked.

"It's never really been an issue until now." Dean said.

"You're joking, right?" Sam asked his brother and then looked at me.

"Do I look like I'm joking? Why do you think I drive everywhere, Sam?" Dean said.

"All right. Uh, I'll go." I said making them both look at me.

"What?" Sam asked me.

"I'll do this one on my own." I said looking at him.

"What are you, nuts? You heard Sam, the plane's gonna crash." Dean said.

"Dean, we can do it together, or I can do this one by myself. I'm not seeing a third option, here."

"Come on! Really? Man..." Dean said sighing in defeat.

* * *


"Flight attendants, please cross-check..." I ignored the voice over the intercom as I stared at the headrest in front of me. I could see Dean out of the corner of my eye anxiously reading the safety card.

"Just try to relax." Sam told his brother. I looked over at Dean as he looked at me.

"Just try to shut up." Dean said. "Change seats with Oli." The plane takes off and Dean grabs my hand and holds it tight giving it a squeeze at every rumble and sound.

* * *


"You're humming Metallica?" Sam asked Dean as he leaned over me. I gave his hand a squeeze.

"Calms me down." Dean muttered. I gently rubbed my thumb along his pointer finger.

"Look, man, I get you're nervous, all right? But you got to stay focused." Sam told his brother.

"Okay." Dean said softly.

"I mean, we got thirty-two minutes and counting to track this thing down, or whoever it's possessing, anyway, and perform a full-on exorcism." Sam said.

"Yeah, on a crowded plane. That's gonna be easy." Dean said.

"Just take it one step at a time, all right? Now, who is it possessing?" Sam said.

"It's usually gonna be somebody with some sort of weakness, you know, a chink in the armor that the demon can worm through. Somebody with an addiction or some sort of emotional distress." Dean said looking around the plane.

"Well, this is Amanda's first flight after the crash. If I were her, I'd be pretty messed up." Sam said.

"Mm-hm." Dean then turns to a flight attendant who was starting to pass by us. "Excuse me. Are you Amanda?

"No, I'm not." She said with a fake smile.

"Oh, my mistake." Dean said. He looked to the back of the plane and spotted Amanda. "All right, well, that's got to be Amanda back there, so I'll go talk to her, and, uh, I'll get a read on her mental state."

"What if she's already possessed?" I asked him.

"There's ways to test that." Dean said pulling a bottle shaped as Virgin Mary. "I brought holy water."

"No." I said snatching the bottle and tucking it inside of Sam's hoodie.

"I think we can go more subtle. If she's possessed, she'll flinch at the name of God." I said as Dean stood up.

"Oh. Nice." Dean said turning to go.

DEAN turns to go.

SAM
"Hey." Sam called to Dean. He stopped and looked at his brother. "Say it in Latin."

"I know." Dean said.

"Okay. Hey!" Sam stopped Dean again.

"What?!" Dean said. The annoynce was clear in his tone.

"Uh, in Latin, it's "Christo"." Sam said.

"Dude, I know! I'm not an idiot!" Dean said before disappearing to the back of the plane.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your first officer speaking... " A man on the income said.

* * *


"All right, well, she's got to be the most well-adjusted person on the planet." Dean said sitting back down next to me.

"You said "Christo"?" Sam asked his brother. Dean nodded. "And?"

"There's no demon in her. There's no demon getting in her." Dean said.

"So, if it's on the plane, it can be anyone. Anywhere." I said as the plane shakes. Dean grabs my hand and squeezes it.

"Come on! That can't be normal!" Dean said commenting on the turbulence.

"Hey, hey, it's just a little turbulence." Sam said.

"Sam, this plane is going to crash, okay? So quit treating me like I'm friggin' four." Dean said. I sat forward in my seat and turned to him.

"You need to calm down." I said to Dean. He looked at me and shook his head.

"Well, I'm sorry I can't." Dean said.

"Yes, you can." I said but he continued to shake his head. "Listen, if you're panicked, you're wide open to demonic possession, so you need to calm yourself down. Right now." I watched as Dean started to take long and slow breaths.

"Good. Now, I found an exorcism in here that I think is gonna work. The Rituale Romanum." Sam said.

"What do we have to do?" Dean asked.

"It's two parts. The first part expels the demon from the victim's body. It makes it manifest, which actually makes it more powerful." Sam said.

"More powerful?" Dean questioned.

"Yeah." Sam said.

"How?" I asked looking at Sam.

"Well, it doesn't need to possess someone anymore. It can just wreak havoc on its own." Sam said. I shook my head.

"Oh. And why is that a good thing?" Dean asked.

"Well, because the second part sends the bastard back to hell once and for all." Sam looked at me and I noticed that he was ready for this.

"First things first, we got to find it." I said. I slowly walk down the aisle with the EMF meter. As I walked I noticed the weird looks I was getting but the readings were nonexistent. I jumped as someone put a hand on my shoulder.

"Ah! Don't do that." I said slapping him.

"Anything?" Sam asked as we walked towards where Dean was standing near our seats.

"No, nothing. How much time we got?" I asked him. He looked at his watch and then looked back up to me.

"Fifteen minutes. Maybe we missed somebody." Sam suggested.

"Maybe the thing's just not on the plane." Dean said.

"You believe that?" Sam asked.

"Well, I will if you will." Dean said. I looked down at the EMF meter as it started to go crazy. I looked up past Dean as the copilot exits the bathroom and heads towards the cockpit.

"What? What is it?" Sam asked. They both followed my gaze.

"Christo." I said. The copilot stops and turns slowly to face us. I notice that his eyes are black. The copilot disappears into the cockpit. The guys exchange glances.

"Take your seat, Oli." Dean demands.

* * *


I rubbed my head as I sat near the exit to the airport waiting for the guys to come this way so that we could leave. I just wanted to put this all behind me even if it meant sleeping in the backseat of Dean's Impala.

"Let's get out of here." Dean said as they walked over to me. I stood up and Dean kept walking. I looked after him as Sam put his arm over my shoulders. Dean stopped and looked at Sam.

"You okay?" Dean asked his brother. Sam stops and moves his arm from my shoulders.

"Dean, it knew about Jessica." Sam said.

"Sam, these things, they, they read minds. They lie. All right? That's all it was." Dean said walking away.

"Yeah." Sam mumbled.

"What was said that has him ignoring me?" I asked Sam. He looked down at me. "Sam. Just spit it out."

"The demon said something about you." Sam said. I could tell that he was regretting saying anything about it.

"And what did he say?" I asked Sam. He shook his head at me.

"Come on." Dean called to us. Sam jogged to catch up while I stood there too stumped to move from where I was standing. "Let's go, Olivia."

"Coming." I called to him as I sped up to get into the car so that Dean would not leave me. I climbed into the backseat and put my music on quickly to avoid whatever it was the demon had said about me and the conversation that I knew Dean would want to have with me over what was said.

* * *


"Nobody knows what you guys did, but I do. A lot of people could have been killed." Jerry said as he shook our hands. "Your dad's gonna be real proud."

"We'll see you around, Jerry." Sam said looking at Jerry. Dean turned to leave but stops and turned back to Jerry.

"You know, Jerry." Dean begins.

"Yeah." Jerry said looking at Dean. Sam and I stood near the door.

"I meant to ask you, how did you get my cellphone number, anyway? I've only had it for like six months." Dean questioned.

"Your dad gave it to me." Jerry stated.

"When did you talk to him?" Dean asked Jerry.

"I mean, I didn't exactly talk to him, but I called his number. His voice message said to give you a call. Thanks again, guys." Jerry said.

* * *


I looked to the sky as a plane with a red maple leaf on the tail flies overhead. I wince at the sound that it made and winced at the plane.

"This doesn't make any sense, man. I've called Dad's number like fifty times. It's been out of service." Sam said. I watched Dean dial a number and put the phone on speaker so we could hear it.

"This is John Winchester. I can't be reached. If this is an emergency, call my son, Dean. 785-555-0179. He can help." John's voice is heard on the voicemail. I played with the dirt that was next to me on the ground because I did not want to risk looking at Dean.

"Let's go find a burger joint." Sam said breaking the silence the filled the air around us. The guys got off the car and went to the doors. I remained where I was sitting on the ground a few feet from the car.

"You coming?" Dean asked. I shook my head without even looking at him. "And why not?"

"I'll be in the car." Sam said. I drew designs in the dirt as a car door closed and as Dean approached me.

"Get up." Dean said. I looked up at him. "Sammy, go get food and come back."

"Ok." Sam said before climbing into the driver seat and leaving. I bit my lip as Dean took a seat next to me. I continued to make dirt art as we sat in silence.

"What's wrong?" Dean asked me. "You've been like this since we left the airport. Did I do something wrong?"

"Dean, what did the demon say about me." I said finally looking at him. He swallowed and looked away from me. "Dean. I need to know what he said that got you so bent out of shape."

"Believe me, Olivia. You don't want to know what he said." Dean said through gritted teeth. I placed my hand on his leg and looked at him.

"Dean, I deserve a right to know." I told him softly. He shook his head. "Dean if you were in this position I would have already told you. So please tell me."

"Olivia. Will you drop it if I tell you?" Dean asked me. I nodded and looked at him. "He told me how he would kill you." I stopped and Dean grabbed my hand. "They won't get you. I can promise you that, Olivia."

"Dean why do they want me?" I asked him. He looked at me with sad eyes. "Dean."

"Because of the connection you and I have." Dean said. "The demon felt everything that you and I feel towards each other, the stuff that we don't show. The stuff underneath the surface."

"Wh-what?" I asked him. I shook my head and looked at him just as Sam pulled up in the car. "What aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing." Dean stood up and went to the car. He opened the door and pushed the seat forward for me to climb in. I got up and walked over to the car. "We will talk later."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oli's outfit