Supernatural Diaries of Oli Smith.

Bloody Mary

I sat in the back seat as we drove to our next town that we had to hunt it. Dean was driving and Sam was asleep in the front passenger seat. I was glad that Sam was finally getting the sleep that he needed. I leaned forward and put my head near Dean.

"How are you doing?" I asked him. He turned his head slightly to look at me. He shrugged before looking back at the road.

"I'm just glad that he is sleeping." Dean said. I nodded in agreement with him over that statement. "How are you?"

"Well I'm hungry." I said chuckling. "Among other things."

"Yeah. I know how that is." Dean said as Sam started to stir in his sleep almost like he was having a nightmare. "Sam, wake up."

"I take it I was having a nightmare." Sam said as he sat up and looked around. We pulled up to a building and Dean shut off the engine.

"Yeah, another one." I told him as I sat forward and began running my hands through his hair.

"Hey, at least I got some sleep." Sam said leaning his head back at the feeling of my hands in his hair.

"You know, sooner or later we're gonna have to talk about this." Dean said eying his brother and looking at my hands in her brother's hair.

"Are we here?" Sam asked looking at the side of the building.

"Yup. Welcome to Toledo, Ohio." Dean smirked as Sam picked up the newspaper.

"So what do you think really happened to this guy?" Sam asked.

"That's what we're gonna find out." Dean said as we got out of the car and went to the front of the building. "Let's go."

"The damn morgue. Really, Dean?" I asked in annoyance.

"Afraid of a dead body?" Dean asked me. I smacked his chest before we entered the building. We went straight to the morgue where we saw two desks; the empty one had a nameplate that read Dr. D. Feiklowicz and the other belonged to the morgue technician.

"Hey." The morgue tech said looking

"Hey." Dean looked at him.

"Can I help you?" The tech asked us looking at me a few times with lingering eyes. Dean noticed and moved in front of me as I closed my jacket around me to cover my chest.

"Yeah. We're the, uh...med students." Dean said smiling.

"Sorry?" The tech asked us.

"Oh, Doctor—" Dean stumbled over the name. "—Figlavitch didn't tell you?" The tech looked at us as if he didn't care. "We talked to him on the phone. He, uh, we're from Ohio State."

"He's supposed to show us the Shoemaker corpse. It's for our paper." I said looking around Dean to look at the tech.

"Well, I'm sorry, beautiful. he's at lunch." The tech said. I noticed that Dean tensed up when the tech called me beautiful. I placed my hand on his back.

"Oh well he said, uh—" Dean began, clearly trying to calm his nerves before speaking to this guy. "—oh, well, you know, it doesn't matter. You don't mind just showing us the body, do you?"

"Sorry, I can't." The tech said with a sigh. "Doc will be back in an hour. You can wait for him if you want."

"An hour? Ooh. We gotta be heading back to Columbus by then." Dean said looking at Sam and then to me. "And you have to be at work."

"Yeah." Sam said glancing back at me.

"Uh, look, man, this paper's like half our grade, so if you don't mind helping us out—" Dean starts but gets interrupted.

"Uh, look, man...no." The tech said.

"Please." I asked him. He shook his head and both Dean and I nervously laughed as our annoyance got worse. Dean turns to me.

"I'm gonna hit him in his face I swear." He mumbled. Sam turned and hit Dean on the arm. Sam stepped towards the desk and pulled out his wallet and pulled out his money. He tossed down some money on the tech's desk. He picked up the money and stood up.

"Follow me." The tech said. We go to leave and follow the the tech but Dean grabs Sam which causes me to knock into Dean.

"Dude, I earned that money." Dean said glaring at his brother.

"You won it in a poker game." Sam said shaking his head.

"Yeah, so?" Dean stated.

* * *


"Now the newspaper said his daughter found him. She said his eyes were bleeding." Sam said as we went towards the slab locker that held the body we needed to see.

"More than that. They practically liquefied." The tech said as he pulled back the sheet that was over Steven's head.

"Any sign of a struggle? Maybe somebody did it to him?" Dean asked.

"Nope. Besides the daughter, he was all alone." The tech said shaking his head.

"What's the official cause of death." Sam questioned.

"Ah, Doc's not sure. He's thinking massive stroke, maybe an aneurysm? Something burst up in there, that's for sure." The tech said.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I looked at him.

"Intense cerebral bleeding. This guy had more blood in his skull than anyone I've ever seen." The tech said.

"The eyes and mash; what would cause something like that?" Sam asked as he looked at the body.

"Capillaries can burst. See a lot of bloodshot eyes with stroke victims." The tech shrugged in response.

"Yeah? You ever see exploding eyeballs?" Dean asked. I chuckled at his choice of words for that question.

"That's a first for me, but hey, I'm not the doctor." The tech said looking over at us.

"Hey, think we could take a look at that police report? You know for, uh...our paper." I asked him. He looked at me and shook his head.

"I'm not really supposed to show you that." The tech said. I watched Sam pull out his wallet in annoyance.

* * *


Sam walks ahead of Dean and I as we are walking down the stairs to get to the ground level of the building we were just in. Dean grabs my hand just as I notice a few guys staring at me.

"Might not be one of ours. Might just be some freak medical thing." Sam said softly as he held open the door for Dean and I to leave.

"How many times in Dad's long and varied career has it actually been a freak medical thing and not some sign of an awful supernatural death?" Dean asked.

"Uh, almost never." Sam said as we climbed into the car.

"Exactly." Dean said looking at

"All right, let's go talk to the daughter." Sam said as Dean started the car. I relaxed into the backseat as Dean pulled out of the parking lot.

* * *


INT. SHOEMAKER HOUSE – DAY

Dean, Sam and I walk into the funeral. I notice that there is a picture of Steven Shoemaker on the desk. I see that all the attendees are all men in black suits and women in black dresses, except Dean, Sam and I.

"Feel like we're under dressed." I said as I looked at the clothes that I was wearing and instantly felt like a shit excuse for a person. We keep walking through the house until we are in the back. The man that we asked for help to show us Donna and Lily Shoemaker pointed to them before leaving. We approaching the girls.

They keep walking through the house towards the back.

EXT. SHOEMAKER BACKYARD – DAY

"You must be Donna, right?" Dean asked.

"Yeah." Donna said looking away from her two friends.

"Hi, uh—we're really sorry." Sam apologized.

"Thank you." Donna said kindly.

"I'm Sam, this is Dean and Olivia. We worked with your dad." Sam said which causes the girls to look at one another.

"You did?" Donna asked.

"Yeah. This whole thing is terrible. I mean, a stroke. I didn't even have a single idea." I said shaking my head.

"I don't think she really wants to talk about this right now" Donna's friend Charlie said.

"It's okay. I'm okay." Donna said shaking her head.

"Were there any symptoms? Dizziness? Migraines?" Dean asked her.

"No." Donna said as her sister Lily turned to look at us.

"That's because it wasn't a stroke." Lily said looking up at me and the guys.

"Lily, don't say that." Donna scolded her sister.

"What?" Sam asked.

"I'm sorry, she's just upset." Donna apologized.

"No, it happened because of me." Lily said.

"Sweetie, it didn't." Donna shook her head at her sister.

"Lily." Sam got down to Lily's eye level. "Why would you say something like that?"

"Right before he died, I said it." Lily said looking at us sadly.

"You said what?" I asked her.

"Bloody Mary, three times in the bathroom mirror." Lily said. "She took his eyes, that's what she does."

"That's not why Dad died. This isn't your fault." Donna said.

"I think your sister's right, Lily. There's no way it could have been Bloody Mary. Your dad didn't say it, did he?" Dean said.

"No, I don't think so." Lily looked away from us. I sat with the girls as the boys went to check around the house.

* * *


Sam and Dean led me into the library as we went straight for the local section of the library. We gathered some books and newspaper articles before grabbing a table and sitting down to start on the research.

"All right, say Bloody Mary really is haunting this town. There's gonna be some sort of proof—Like a local woman who died nasty." Dean said.

"Yeah but a legend this widespread it's hard. I mean, there's like 50 versions of who she actually is. One story says she's a witch, another says she's a mutilated bride, there's a lot more." Sam said flipping through a book.

"All right so what are we supposed to be looking for?" Dean said.

"Every version's got a few things in common. It's always a woman named Mary, and she always dies right in front of a mirror. So we've gotta search local newspapers—public records as far back as they go. See if we can find a Mary who fits the bill." Dean said.

"Well that sounds annoying." I whined.

"No it won't be so bad, as long as we..." Sam chuckles aas he notices that the computers all said "Out of Order". "I take it back. This will be very annoying."

* * *


"Why'd you let me fall asleep?" Sam asked as he jerked awake from another nightmare.

"Cause I'm an awesome brother. So what did you dream about?" Dean asked. I could tell that this conversation was not going to go anywhere.

"Lollipops and candy canes." Sam said rubbing his head.

"Yeah, sure." Dean said.

"Did you find anything?" Sam asked.

"Oh besides a whole new level of frustration?" Dean said causing Sam to sit up. "No. I've looked at everything. A few local women, a Laura and a Catherine committed suicide in front of a mirror, and a giant mirror fell on a guy named Dave, but uh, no Mary."

"Maybe we just haven't found it yet." Sam laid back down.

"I've been searching for strange deaths in the area, you know...eyeball bleeding, that sort of thing. There's nothing. Whatever's happening here, maybe it just ain't Mary." I said as Sam's cell phone rings.

"Hello?" Sam answers the phone but the concerned look on his face means we need to leave.

* * *


"And they found her on the bathroom floor. And her—her eyes. They were gone." Charlie cried as she told us about what had happened.

"I'm sorry." I apologized as I put my hand on her shoulder.

"And she said it." Charlie said as Dean and Sam exchanged glances. "I heard her say it. But it couldn't be because of that. I'm insane, right?"

"No, you're not insane." Dean said.

"Oh God, that makes me feel so much worse." Charlie said. I pulled her into my arms and gave her a squeeze.

"Look. We think something's happening here. Something that can't be explained." Sam said looking over at me.

"And we're gonna stop it but we could use your help." Dean said. Charlie sat up and rubbed her eyes.

* * *


We sat outside the window as we waited for Charlie to come and let us in. Charlie comes in and locks the door. She rushes over to the window and lets us in.

"What did you tell Jill's mom?" Sam asked the girl.

"Just that I needed some time alone with Jill's pictures and things." Charlie said as Sam pulls something out of the bag and Dean shuts the curtains. "I hate lying to her."

"Trust us, this is for the greater good. Hit the lights." Dean said.

"What are you guys looking for?" Charlie asked as she went over and turned off the lights.

"We'll let you know as soon as we find it." Dean said as Sam got the digital camera ready.

"Hey, night vision." Sam said as Dean turned on the night vision. "Perfect." The camera is then turned to Dean.

"Do I look like Paris Hilton?" Dean asked. I shook my head as Sam walked away with the camera.

"So I don't get it. I mean...the first victim didn't summon Mary, and the second victim did. How's she choosing them?" Sam asked as he filmed the inside of the closet.

"Beats me." Dean said as Sam closed the closet door. "I want to know why Jill said it in the first place."

"It's just a joke." Charlie said.

"Yeah well somebody's gonna say it again, it's just a matter of time." I said to her but she looked like a deer in headlights.

"Hey." Sam said calling mine and Dean's attention. "There's a black light in the trunk, right?"

"Yeah." Dean nodded. Sam grabbed the mirror and placed it on Jill's bed. I turned it upside down and Dean tossed the black light to Sam. Sam peeled off the brown paper that was o the back of the mirror. Sam shined the black light over the back of the mirror. I noticed a handprint and the name Gary Bryman on it.

"Gary Bryman?" Charlie questioned.

"You know who that is?" Sam asked Charlie.

"No." Charlie shook her head.

* * *


"So, Gary Bryman was an 8-year-old boy. Two years ago he was killed in a hit and run. The car was described as a black Toyota Camry. But nobody got the plates or saw the driver." Sam said as we sat in the park where Charlie had asked us to meet her.

"Oh my God." Charlie exclaimed. I turned and looked at her.

"What?" Sam asked her.

"Jill drove that car." Charlie said looking at me with wide eyes.

"We need to get back to your friend Donna's house." Dean said. I shook my head and looked at him. He paused and looked at me.

"I'm going to go to the motel." I said.Dean looked at me with concerned eyes. "I don't feel very well."

"Okay." Sam said as he and Charlie stood up and walked away from where I sat with Dean.

"Do you want to sit this one out?" Dean asked me. I shook my head and looked at him.

"Just come and get me when you are done with the Shoemaker house. I'll probably take a bath or something." I shrugged.

"Can I join you?" Dean asked me. I shook my head and he looked disappointed. "Maybe next time."

* * *


"Wait, wait, wait, you're doing a nationwide search?" Sam asked his brother as they sat in the motel room that we were sharing. I was currently in the bathtub but I had left the door cracked for when they came back.

"Yep. The NCIC, the FBI database—at this point any Mary who died in front of a mirror is good enough for me." Dean said nonchalantly.

"But if she's haunting the town, she should have died in the town." Sam said.

"I'm telling you there's nothing local, I've checked. So unless you got a better idea—" Dean informed his brother.

"The way Mary's choosing her victims, it seems like there's a pattern." I said loud enough for them to hear me.

"I know, I was thinking the Same thing." Dean called to me.

"With mister Shoemaker and Jill's hit and run." Sam said.

"Both had secrets where people died." Dean suggested.

"Right. I mean there's a lot of folklore about mirrors-that they reveal all your lies, all your secrets, that they're a true reflection of your soul, which is why it's bad luck to break them." Sam said. I climbed out of the tub and wrapped a towel around my body.

"Right, right. So maybe if you've got a secret, I mean like a really nasty one where someone died, then Mary sees it, and punishes you for it." Dean said. I secured the towel and left the bathroom into the room I was in with the guys.

"Whether you're the one that summoned her or not." Sam said as I approached the table.

"Take a look at this." Dean said tapping a picture of a woman lying by a mirror in a puddle of blood. Dean printed out another picture and handed it to Sam. The picture is of a handprint and the letters "Tre".

"Looks like the same handprint." I said causing the guys to jump upon realizing my presence.

"Her name was Mary Worthington—an unsolved murder in Fort Wayne, Indiana." Dean said.

* * *


"I was on the job for 35 years-detective for most of that. Now everybody packs it in with a few loose ends, but the Mary Worthington murder—that one still gets me." The detective said noticing that I was staring at him.

"What exactly happened?" Dean asked.

"You boys said you were reporters? But who is she?" The detective asked.

"We know Mary was 19, lived by herself. We know she won a few local beauty contests, dreamt of getting out of Indiana, being an actress. And we know the night of March 29th someone broke into her apartment and murdered her, cut out her eyes with a knife." Sam said.

"That's right." The detective said.

"See sir, when we asked you what happened, we wanted to know what you think happened." Sam said. I watched the detective walk over to the file cabinet and shuffle through it.

"Technically I'm not supposed to have a copy of this. {He opens a file to the picture SAM and DEAN found on the computer.} Now see that there? T-R-E?" The detective said. "I think Mary was trying to spell out the name of her killer."

"You know who it was?" Sam asked.

"Not for sure. But there was a local man, a surgeon-Trevor Sampson." The detective said as he pulled out a picture of a man. "And I think her cut her up good."

"Now why would he do something like that?" Dean asked.

"Her diary mentioned a man that she was seeing. She called him by his initial, "T". Well, her last entry, she was gonna tell "T"'s wife about their affair." The detective informed us.

"Yeah but how do you know it was Sampson who killed her?" I asked.

"It's hard to say, but the way her eyes were cut out...it was almost professional." The detective shook his head.

"But you could never prove it?" Sam asked.

"No. No prints, no witnesses. He was meticulous." The detective said.

"Is he still alive?" Dean asked.

"Nope." The detective said as he sat down with a sigh. "If you ask me, Mary spent her last living moments trying to expose this guy's secret. But she never could."

"Where's she buried?" Sam asked.

"She wasn't. She was cremated." Detective said causing me to frown.

"What about that mirror. It's not in some evidence lockup somewhere is it?" Dean said nodding to the mirror in the picture.

"Ah, no. It was returned to Mary's family a long time ago." Detective said looking away from us.

"You have the names of her family by any chance?" Sam asked.

* * *


"Oh really? Ah that's too bad Mr. Worthington. I would have paid a lot for that mirror. Okay, well maybe next time. All right, thanks." Sam said before hanging up.

"So?" Dean asked. We were both eager to hear what he was told.

"So that was Mary's brother. The mirror was in the family for years, until he sold it one week ago to a store called Estate Antiques. A store in Toledo." Sam said.

"So wherever the mirror goes, that's where Mary goes?" I asked leaning up towards the front seat and leaning my elbows on the top.

"Her spirit's definitely tied up with it somehow." Sam said.

"Isn't there an old superstition that says mirrors can capture spirits?" Dean asked his brother. I placed on my arms across the back of the seat along Dean's back.

"Yeah there is. Yeah, when someone would die in a house people would cover up the mirrors so the ghost wouldn't get trapped." Sam said.

"So Mary dies in front of a mirror, and it draws in her spirit." I said licking my lips.

"Yeah but how could she move through like a hundred different mirrors?" Sam asked looking back at me. He gave me a weird look when he took in where my arm was.

"I don't know, but if the mirror is the source, I say we find it and smash it." Dean said.

"Yeah, I don't know, maybe." Sam said as his cell phone rang. "Hello." The look of concern comes across his face again. "Charlie?"

* * *


"Hey, hey it's ok. Hey, you can open up your eyes Charlie. It's okay, all right?" I told Charlie as Sam and Dean covered any reflected items in the room. Sam came over and sat next to us.

"Now listen. You're gonna stay right here on this bed, and you're not gonna look at glass, or anything else that has a reflection, okay? And as long as you do that, she cannot get you." Sam told her.

"But I can't keep that up forever. I'm gonna die, aren't I?" Charlie asked.

"No. No. Not anytime soon." Sam told her.

"All right Charlie. We need to know what happened." Dean said as he also sat down on the bed.

"We were in the bathroom. Donna said it." Charlie shakily answered.

"That's not what we're talking about. Something happened, didn't it? In your life...a secret...where someone got hurt. Can you tell us about it?" Dean asked.

"I had this boyfriend. I loved him. But he kind of scared me too, you know? And one night, at his house, we got in this fight. Then I broke up with him, and he got upset, and he said he needed me and he loved me, and he said "Charlie, if you walk out that door right now, I'm gonna kill myself." And you know what I said? I said "Go ahead." And I left. How could I say that? How could I leave him like that? I just...I didn't believe him, you know? I should have." Charlie said as she placed her head down to her knees and started to cry. I pulled her into my arms and soothingly rubbed her back.

* * *


"You know her boyfriend killing himself, that's not really Charlie's fault." Dean stated.

"You know as well as I do spirits don't exactly see shades of gray, Dean. Charlie had a secret, someone died, that's good enough for Mary." Sam stated.

"I guess." Dean said.

"You know, I've been thinking. It might not be enough to just smash that mirror." Sam said.

"Why, what do you mean?" I asked him.

"Well Mary's hard to pin down, right? I mean she moves around from mirror to mirror so who's to say that she's not just gonna keep hiding in them forever? So maybe we should try to pin her down, you know, summon her to her mirror and then smash it." Sam cleared his throat.

"Well how do you know that's going to work?" Dean said.

"I don't, not for sure." Sam said.

"Well who's gonna summon her?" Dean asked.

"I will. She'll come after me." I said. Dean stopped the car and turned to me.

"Hell no. I will not let you do something so stupid." Dean said narrowing his eyes at me.

"Who can you not live without? Hm? Me or Sammy?" I asked him. "If this doesn't work, who would you not be able to live without?"

"You know what, that's it." Dean got out of the car and slammed the door. I climbed out and followed him, it was clear that he wanted to talk to me alone. "Why are you doing this?"

"Why? Because I can't split up you and Sammy if this thing doesn't work. I would rather you and Sammy stay together. Why am I still with you guys anyway? Because I have no where else to go? Don't feel this shitty pity for me. I'm calling this bitch and I'm doing this, Dean. You can't stop me." I said shaking my head at him.

"Son of a bitch." Dean said shaking his head.

* * *


Sam crouched in front of the door as he tried to pick the lock. The door opens and we walk into the store which is full of mirrors.

"Well...that's just great. All right let's start looking." Dean said as he pulled out a picture of Mary's dead body to look at the mirror. We split up and going looking with flashlights on different parts of the store.

"Maybe they've already sold it." Dean suggested.

"I don't think so." Sam said. We walked over to Sam and looked at the picture.

"That's it." Dean sighed. "You sure about this?"

"Bloody Mary. Bloody Mary." I look at the guys as I hold the crowbar in my hand. "Bloody Mary."

"I'll go check that out. Stay here, be careful." Dean told me. "Smash anything that moves.

I stared at all the mirrors as I waited for Mary to show up. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that Mary was behind me. I swung my crowbar and smashed a few of the mirrors.

"Come on. Come into this one." I said through gritted teeth. I looked away from the mirror in front of me and waited for her to show up again. I licked my lips and looked back to the mirror in front of me as she appears.

"You killed her. You killed your daughter." My own reflection said to me.

"No I didn't." I said staring at the mirror. "I didn't kill her. I had a miscarriage."

"You killed her. That's why James cheated on you. Because you killed his daughter." My reflection said taunting me. I shook my head and tried to look away. "You killed her."

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" I yelled at the mirror. "I didn't kill her!"

"Olivia!" Dean shouted as he pulled me from the mirror. "God, are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah." I said wiping my eyes only smearing the blood on my cheeks.

"Come on, come on." Dean said pulling to my feet. They both stand on my sides ad hold me up. We are almost to the door when we hear crunching glass behind up. We stop and turned to see Mary walking towards us. I pushed the guys away and grabbed a mirror facing it toward Mary. She stops and is forced to look at her own reflection.

"You killed them! All those people! You killed them!" The reflection called to her. I watched as MAry began to choke to death. She melted into a pile of blood. I toss the mirror to the ground and watched as it shatters.

"Hey Sam?" Dean called to his brother.

"Yeah?" Sam asked.

"This has got to be like...what? 600 years of bad luck?" Dean said. I chuckle before we made our way out.

* * *


"So this is really over?" Charlie asked as she sat in the backseat of the Impala with me. We pulled up to her house and I looked over at it.

"Yeah, it's over." Dean said.

"Thank you." Charlie said as she got out of the car.

"Charlie? Your boyfriend's death...you really should try to forgive yourself. No matter what you did, you probably couldn't have stopped it. Sometimes bad things just happen." Sam told Charlie. She smiles faintly before going into her house.

"That's good advice." I said as we pulled away from the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
[url=www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=139775795]Oli's outfit[/url]