Supernatural Diaries of Oli Smith.

Skin

"So where are we headed, Dean." I leaned against the car as Dean walked back over to me after paying for the gas.

"Alright, I figure we’d hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight." Dean said waiting for Sam to respond. "Sam wears women’s underwear."

"I’ve been listenin’, I’m just busy." Sam said scrolling through his phone.

"Busy doin’ what?" Dean asked as I sat down in the driver seat.

"Reading e-mails." Sam said. Dean leaned into me to look at Sam.

"E-mails from who?" I asked looking at Dean.

"From my friends at Stanford." Sam said setting his phone down.

"You’re kidding. You still keep in touch with your college buddies?" Dean said.

"Why not?" Sam asked.

"Well, what exactly do you tell ‘em? You know, about where you’ve been, what you’ve been doin’?" Dean said. Every time he spoke I could fell his warm breath on my exposed skin.

"I tell ‘em I’m on a road trip with my big brother. I tell ‘em I needed some time off after Jess." Sam shrugged.

"Oh, so you lie to ‘em." Dean looked at me and then to Sam.

"No. I just don’t tell ‘em….every thing." Sam shot back. "Plus I bet Oli never told James everything either."

"James knew everything." I said softly not even glancing at them because I didn't want to see the judging looks.

"Yeah, that’s called lying. I mean, hey, man, I get it, tellin’ the truth is far worse." Dean avoided the subject of me telling James.

"So, what am I supposed to do, just cut everybody out of my life?" I noticed that Dean shrugged his shoulders in response. "You’re serious?"

"Look, it sucks, but in a job like this, you can’t get close to people, period." Dean shrugged.

"You’re kind of anti-social, you know that?" Sam told his brother.

"No. I talk to Oli." Dean said pointing at me.

"That's because you both are anti-social." Sam said.

"Yeah, whatever." Dean said and I noticed that Sam continued to read his e-mails.

"God…." Sam said.

"What?" Dean and I asked.

"In this e-mail from this girl, Rebecca Warren, one of those friends of mine." Sam started speaking.

"Is she hot?" Dean asked but Sam ignored him and I smacked him.

"I went to school with her, and her brother, Zack. She says Zack’s been charged with murder. He’s been arrested for killing his girlfriend. Rebecca says he didn’t do it, but it sounds like the cops have a pretty good case." Sam said.

"Dude, what kind of people are you hangin’ out with?" Dean chuckled.

"No, man, I know Zack. He’s no killer." Sam said.

"Well, maybe you know Zack as well as he knows you." Dean said.

"They’re in St. Louis. We’re goin’." Dean chuckled at this.

"Look, sorry ‘bout your buddy, okay? But this does not sound like our kind of problem." Dean told him. I licked my lips and looked at him.

"It is our problem. They’re my friends." Sam said.

"St. Louis is four hundred miles behind us, Sammy." I said looking at him.

* * *


"Oh my God, Sam!" Sam's friend Rebecca said as she opened the door.

"Well, if it isn’t little Becky." Sam said. I turned to Dean and pointed to the car. We stepped away from Sam and Rebecca.

"I'm going to wait in the car." I told Dean. He looked at me with concern.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" He asked me. I nodded. "Stay in the car."

"Yes, honey."

* * *


"You’re sure this is okay?" Rebecca asked Dean as we got out of the car.

"Yeah. I am an officer of the law." Dean said as we approached Zack's house. The guys looked around as they entered and I followed. The furniture and walls of the house were smeared with bloody.

"Bec, you wanna wait outside?" Sam asked his friend.

"No. I wanna help." She said as she ducked under the police tape and entered the house.

"Tell us what else the police said." Sam said.

"Well, there’s no sign of a break-in. They say that Emily let her attacker in. The lawyers—they’re already talking about plea bargain." Rebecca said looking around the room crying. I exchanged an annoyed glance with Dean. "Oh, God…."

"Look, Bec, if Zack didn’t do this, it means someone else did. Any idea who?" Sam questioned her. I walked into another room to get away from her talking and telling the guys what she needed to say. I was finding this chick to be really annoying.

* * *


"So, the neighbor’s dog went psycho right around the time Zack’s girlfriend was killed." Dean told us.

"Animals can have a sharp sense of the paranormal." I suggested looking at Dean and then to Sam.

"Yeah, maybe Fido saw somethin’." Dean said looking at me.

"So, you think maybe this is our kind of problem?" Sam asked.

"No. Probably not. But we should look at the security tape, you know, just to make sure." Dean said and I walked to the car because I knew that I was going to be dragged to where ever we were going next.

* * *


"Alright, so what are we doin’ here at 5:30 in the morning?" Dean asked Sam as I yawned.

"I realized something. The videotape shows the killer goin’ in, but not comin’ out." Sam said.

"So, he came out the back door?" Dean said as he leaned against the car where I was standing.

"Right. So, there should be a trail to follow. A trail the police would never pursue." Sam said. I yawned again.

"‘Cause they think the killer never left. And they caught your friend Zack inside. I still don’t know what we’re doin’ here at 5:30 in the morning." Dean said.

"Blood. Somebody came this way." Sam said pointing at a a light pole that had blood on it.

"Yeah, but the trail ends. I don’t see anything over here." I said as an ambulance drove past us.

* * *


"What happened?" I asked a nearby woman.

"He tried to kill his wife. Tied her up and beat her." The woman told us.

"Really?" Sam asked.

"I used to see him going to work in the morning. He’d wave, say hello. He seemed like such a nice guy." The woman said as the man was escorted to a police car.

* * *


"Hey." Dean said causing Sam to turn around. "Remember when I said this wasn’t our kind of problem?"

"Yeah." Sam questioned.

"Definitely our kind of problem." Dean said.

"What’d you find out?" Sam asked Dean.

"Well, I just talked to the patrolman who was first on the scene, heard this guy, Alex’s story. Apparently the dude was driving home from a business trip when his wife was attacked." Sam said.

"So, he was two places at once." I said.

"Exactly. Then he sees himself in the house, police think he’s a nutjob." Dean said.

"Two dark doubles attacking loved ones in exactly the same way." Sam cleared his throat.

"Let's get in the car so we can finish this conversation in a not so public place." I said noticing a lot of people were around us. We got into the car and I sat in the front seat with the guys.

"Could be the same thing doin’ it, too." Dean said.

"Shapeshifter?" Dean shrugged. "Something that can make itself look like anyone?" Sam said looking at me.

"Every culture in the world has a shapeshifter lore. You know, legends of creatures who can transform themselves into animals or other men." I said knowing the lore. "Like skinwalkers and werewolves."

"We’ve got two attacks within blocks of each other. I’m guessin’ we’ve got a shapeshifter prowlin’ the neighborhood."

"Let me ask you this—in all this shapeshifter lore, can any of them fly?" Sam asked me. I shook my head because it was unknown.

"Not that I know of." Dean said answering for me.

"I picked up a trail here. Someone ran out the back of this building and headed off this way." San said.

"Just like your friend’s house." Dean said. Sam nodded his head and looked at me.

"Yeah. And, just like at Zack’s house, the trail suddenly ends. I mean, whatever it is just disappeared." Sam said.

"Well, there’s another way to go—down." Dean said as he looked at the manhole at our feet.

"No. There is no way in heel I am going down there." I said pointing at the manhole. "No."

"What?" Dean asked me. I shook my head.

"I am not going down there." I said. "I'll wait in the car.

* * *


(CUT TO: Car. DEAN opens the trunk and takes out some weapons.)

"Well, one thing I learned from Dad, is that no matter what kind of shapeshifter it is, there’s one sure way to kill it." Dean said as he opened the trunk of the Impala to take out some weapons.

"Silver bullet to the heart." Sam suggested.

"That’s right." Sam said as he cell phone started to ring."This is Sam." I grabbed his phone and put it on speaker phone so we could hear the conversation.

"Where are you?" Rebecca asked.

"We’re near Zack’s, we’re just checkin’ some things out." Sam said.

"Well, look, Sam, just stop, ‘cause I really don’t need your help anymore." Rebecca said.

"What are you talkin’ about?" Sam asked his friend.

"I told the lawyers that we went to the crime scene." Rebecca said. I rolled my eyes.

"Why would you do that?" Sam asked her.

"Well, I told them that we were with a police officer. And they checked it out, and they told me that there is no Detective Dean Winchester." Rebecca said. I turned to Dean.

"Can I go and hit her, please?" I whispered to Dean. He chuckled.

"Bec—" Sam began but Rebeca interrupted him.

"No, I don’t understand why you would lie to me about something like that." Rebecca said.

"We’re tryin’ to help." Sam said looking at us for some help.

"Oh, trying to help? Do you realize that that was a sealed crime scene? This could have just ruined Zack’s case." Rebecca said raising her voice.

"Bec, I’m sorry, but—" Sam apologized.

"No, goodbye, Sam." Rebecca hung up and Dean walked over to where I was standing with Sam and he looked disappointed.

"I hate to say it, but that’s exactly what I’m talkin’ about. You lie to your friends because if they knew the real you, they’d be freaked. It’s just—it’d be easier if—" Dean said.

"If I was like you." Sam retorted. I shook my head and looked at them.

"Hey, man, like it or not, we are not like other people. But I’ll tell you one thing. This whole gig—it ain’t without perks." Dean said as he held up his gun. Sam grabbed the gun and placed it in the back of his jeans.

"You guys are annoying." I said smacking both of them upside their heads.

"Shut up, Oli." They both said to me.

* * *


"Come on. They said attempted murder. At least we know—" Sam paused as he noticed me walking towards them. "Oli..."

"Hey. I've been looking for you guys." I said to the guys. They both looked at me carefully. "It's me."

"How do we know?" Dean asked me. I pulled up my dress to reveal my lower back that was covered in anagrams to keep me from being possessed.

"Well at least we know you can't get possessed." Sam chuckled.

"You are pantless around us all the time, how come we never noticed them before." Dean said looking at my back.

"It's called shirts."

"But I sleep in the same bed as you, too." Dean said. I blushed at his words. Dean looked at Sam. "I didn’t kill her."

"We’ll check with Rebecca in the morning, see if she’s all right." Sam said.

"All right, but first I wanna find that handsome devil and kick the holy crap out of him." Dean shrugged.

"We have no weapons. No silver bullets." Sam said.

"Sam, the guy’s walkin’ around with my face, okay, it’s a little personal, I wanna find him." Dean said angrily.

"Okay. Where do we look?" I asked.

"Well, we could start with the sewers." Dean said.

"We have no weapons. He stole our guns, we need more." Sam said.

"The car?" I asked.

"I’m bettin’ he drove over to Rebecca’s." Dean said.

"The news said he fled on foot. I bet it’s still parked there." Sam looked at me.

"The thought of him drivin’ my car." Dean said.

"All right, come on." I linked arms with Dean as we started to walk.

"It’s killin’ me." Dean said.

"Let it go." Sam said.

* * *


"Oh, there she is! Finally, something went right tonight." Dean said as a police car appears and parked next to Dean's car. I flattened myself against the shrubs on the garage. "Oh, crap."

"I'll get the car." Go, Dean." I told the guys as another police car pulled up behind us.

"This way, this way." Dean said as he moved towards a fence.

"You go. I’ll hold ‘em off." Sam said.

"What are you talking about? They’ll catch you." Dean said. "And you too. They'll find you both."

"Look, they can’t hold us. Just go, keep out of sight. Meet us at Rebecca’s." Sam said. Dean started to climb over the fence. "Dean." Dean turned and looked at his brother. "Stay out of the sewers alone. I mean it!"

"Yeah, yeah!" Dean said before disappearing.

"Don’t move! Keep your hands where I can see ‘em." The police officer called to Sam and I. We put our hands up.

* * *


I silently walk into Rebecca's house after Sam had not come back out when he said he would not be here long. I had a bad feeling that something was wrong. I closed the door silently and made my way to the living room.

"What are you gonna do to me?" Sam asked someone.

"Oh, I’m not gonna do anything. Dean will, though." I heard Dean said. I knew that it was the shapeshifter and not actually Dean.

"They’ll never catch him." Sam said.

"Oh, doesn’t matter. Murder in the first of his own brother? He’ll be hunted the rest of his life." The shapeshifter said. I peaked around the corner and let Sam know that I was in the house.

"It won't." Sam said.

"I must say, I will be sorry to lose this skin. Your brother’s got a lot of good qualities. You should appreciate him more than you do. Cheers." The shapeshifter said. I hear them fighting and I wait until I can get in there. "Oh, you son of a bitch. Not bad, little brother."

"You’re not him." Sam said. I jump forward and try to stop the fight but the shapeshifter knocks me to the ground and pushes the bookshelf on top of me.

Oh little Oli. You should mind your own business. Sammy, even when we were kids, I always kicked your ass." The shapeshifter said as he grabbed the pool cue and swung it at Sam's head only to miss and hit a light fixture. I try to continue watching but the weight of the bookshelf was really starting to squish me.

"Hey!" I hear Dean call before the sounds of a gun goes off.

"Sam!" I hear Rebecca say.

"Where is Oli?" Dean asked Sam and Rebecca. I tap on the ground and Dean gets the bookshelf off of me. "Oli, are you okay?"

"I'm fine now that I'm not squished by a bookshelf."

* * *


I laid in the backseat pretending to be asleep because after being squished by the bookshelf I was drained.

"Sorry, man." Dean finally spoke after an hour for being silent.

"About what?" Sam asked.

"I really wish things could be different, you know? I wish you could just be….Joe College." Dean said.

"No, that’s okay. You know, the truth is, even at Stanford, deep down, I never really fit in." Sam said.

"Well, that’s ‘cause you’re a freak." Dean said.

"Yeah, thanks." Sam said sarcastically.

"Well, I’m a freak, too. I’m right there with ya, all the way." Dean said causing Sam to laugh. "Oli is, too."

"What's going on between the two of you?" Sam asked his older brother.

"Nothing, why?" Dean asked.

"I just see the way you guys look at each other and act towards one another." Sam said. "Something is going on."

"No. There is nothing." Dean said. "You know, I gotta say—I’m sorry I’m gonna miss it."

"Miss what?" Sam asked.

"How many chances am I gonna have to see my own funeral?" Dean said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oli's outfit