Supernatural Diaries of Oli Smith.

Hook Man

I stared at my phone as I read the text a few times. I was finding it hard to believe that James was killed. It didn't feel right. I applied my make up and walked out of the bathroom to where the guys were.

"Alright, thank you for your time." Sam hung up the phone and walked over to the table were Dean was working on the laptop.

"Your, uh-" Dean looked over at me. "Where are you going?"

"I uh have to go back to Boston." I said. Dean stood up and walked over to me.

"What? Why?" Dean asked. I looked at him and bit my lip.

"James was killed last night." I said looking to the ground. "I'm going to see what happened. I'll be gone for the day."

"No." Dean said. "You can't go alone."

"Dean, I was doing this alone for most of my life." I said looking at him. "I'll be fine."

"Doesn't mean I like this. You've been with us for over a month." Dean said.

"I know, Dean." I said. "I just... I have to do this."

"So, anything?" Dean asked Sam and I took that as my chance to leave. I walked out of the motel to the taxi that was waiting for me to take me to the airport.

* * *


"Olivia?" I hear her familiar voice say as I walked up to the apartment building that I used to share with James. I turned to see our elderly neighbor walking out of her car.

"Hello Mrs. Henderson." I said smiling at her sadly.

"Where have you been?" She asked me. I looked down at my feet and then looked back at her.

"I was visiting some friends from back home. James and I broke up." I said. "I just heard the awful news. Do you know what happened?"

"His work called and said that James hadn't been to work in two weeks. That's when I noticed the smell. I had used the spare key to go and see what had happened." Mrs. Henderson took a deep breath. "It was like he was torn apart..."

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Henderson." I said rubbing her arm.

"No, Olivia. I'm sorry." She said before going in her unit. I turned to the door and stuck my key in the lock. I turned it and pushed open the door as the smell of decomposing body hit my nose.

"What did you get yourself into, James?" I asked the empty air around me. I walked around the windows and noticed that there was salt blocking the windows to keep something out. I walked around to all the windows and noticed that one had been wiped of the salt and in its place was sulfur. I quickly dialed Dean's number but quickly hung up before it could ring.

"What are you doing in here?" A man said from behind me. I turned to see an officer was standing in the doorway of the bedroom door.

"I used to live here with James. I'm just here to collect some of my things." I said pointing to the closet. "We broke up a month ago."

"And you waited till he died to collect your things?" The officer asked.

"I haven't been able to get time off from work." I said. "Is this a crime scene?"

"No ma'am." The officer said. I thanked him before quickly packing up the clothing that I had left here and then leaving.

* * *


I sat in my new Charger as I watched the neighborhood listening to the police radio. I had gone to the morgue today and had gotten to see the body. James had been literally torn apart. His limbs were disconnected from his body and his head was barely hanging on.

"Officers needed at a residence located at 565 Wilson Street fro the report of a man screaming." The dispatcher said to all the units. I recognized the address and sped to the location. I pulled up to the residence just as officers carried out a few small body bags. I gt out of my car and rushed to the door.

"Ma'am, you can't go in there." An officer said stopping me.

"This is my cousin's house." I said pushing past him. "Aubrey?"

"Olivia!" Aubrey cried as she ran towards me and fell into my arms. "It was horrible."

"Aubrey, I'm so sorry. What happened?" I asked her. She led me away from the living room and into the office that we used to spend our time in looking for hunting trips.

"I came home from a hunting trip." She said leaving the fake crying behind. "I came home and a demon was pulling him apart. The thing just grabbed his arm and yanked it right now, along with the other one."

"Are you sure it was a demon?" I asked her. She nodded.

"The sucker had black eyes." She said shaking her head. "The same thing killed James. I got a call from Henry."

"What?" I asked her.

"The day before that it got your Aunt Martha." I stopped and looked at her. "Olivia, whatever this thing is it is targeting your family."

"But why my family?" I asked her. She shook her head.

"I wish that I had the answer but I don't." Aubrey said looking at me.

"We have to get this finished."

* * *


"I have to go." I told Aubrey as we stared at the demon that we had just killed. We were both busted up and had bruises on our bodies and faces. This demon had beat the crap out of us.

"I get it." Aubrey said smiling at me. "Go get those Winchester boys in check."

"I will. Don't worry about that, darling." I winked at her before getting out of my car that I was letting Aubrey keep.

"Be safe."

* * *


I followed Dean down the hospital halls as he went in search of Sam. Dean was stopped by two officers and I walked up to them.

"No, it’s alright, I’m with him. He’s my brother. Hey! Brother!" Dean said. Sam turned and looked at us with the sheriff.

"And his girlfriend." Sam said noticing me walking up behind Dean and the officers. Dean turned to look at me as I grabbed his hand.

"Let them through." The officer talking to Sam said.

"Thanks." Dean said to the officer. We walked away from them. "You ok?"

"Yeah." Sam and I said at the same time.

"What the hell happened?" Dean asked.

"Hook Man." Sam said. They both looked at me.

"Demon targeting my family and friends." I shrugged. "My cousin's wife and I hunted it down and took care of it."

"You saw him?" Dean asked Sam, still holding my hand.

"Damn right. Why didn’t you torch the bones?" Sam asked his brother.

"What are you talking about, I did. You sure it’s the spirit of Jacob Karns?" Dean asked his brother.

"It sure as hell looked like him. And that’s not all. I don’t think the spirit is latching on to the reverend." Sam said looking at me.

"Well, yeah, the guy wouldn’t send the Hook Man after himself." Dean said.

"I think it’s latching onto Lori. Last night she found out her father is having an affair with a married woman." Sam said.

"So what?" I asked.

"So she’s upset about it. She’s upset about the immorality of it. She told me she was raised to believe that if you do something wrong, you get punished." Sam said looking at me. "We could have used your help."

"Ok, so she’s conflicted. And the spirit of Preacher Karns is latching on to repress the emotions and maybe he’s doing the punishing for her, huh?" Dean said. "Take it easy on her, okay."

"Right. Rich comes on too strong, Taylor tries to make her into a party girl, Dad has an affair." Sam said not caring on the subject of me.

"Remind me not to piss this girl off. But I burned those bones, I buried them in salt, why didn’t that stop him?" Dean joked.

"You must have missed something." I said shaking my head.

"No. I burned everything in that coffin." Dean said looking a me.

"Did you get the hook?" I asked him.

"The hook?" Sam asked.

"Well, it was the murder weapon, and in a way, it was part of him." I said making a hook with my hand.

"So, like the bones, the hook is a source of his power." Dean said. I looked at him and nodded.

"So if we find the hook..." I said hoping that they would catch on.

"We stop the Hook Man." They both said smiling at each other.

* * *


"Here’s something, I think. Log book, Iowa State Penitentiary. Karns, Jacob. Personal affects: disposition thereof." Dean said as he read.

"Does it mention the hook?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, maybe." Dean said as he continued reading. "Upon execution, all earthly items shall be remanded to the prisoner’s house of worship, St. Barnabas Church."

"Isn’t that where Lori’s father preaches?" Sam asked.

"Yeah." Dean said.

"Where Lori lives?" Sam asked again.

"Maybe that’s why the Hook Man has been haunting reverends and reverends’ daughters for the past 200 years." I said looking at them.

"Yeah, but if the hook were at the church or Lori’s house, don’t you think someone might’ve seen it? I mean, a bloodstained, silver-handled hook?" Sam asked.

"Check the church records." I told them.

"Where are you going?" Dean asked me.

"Around."

* * *


"Lori?" Sam said upon entering the church to see Lori sitting in the pews.

"What are you doing here?" Lori asked us. I noticed that she was distraught.

"What is it?" Sam asked.

"I’ve been trying to understand what’s been happening. Why? Now I know so I’m praying for forgiveness." Lori said.

"Forgiveness for what?" I asked her.

"Don’t you see? I’m to blame for all this. I’ve read in the Bible about avenging angels." Lori said rubbing her eyes.

"Trust me, this guy—he’s no angel." Sam said.

"I was so angry at my father. Part of me wanted him punished. And then he came and he punished him." Lori said.

"Sweetie, it’s not your fault." I told her as I looked at her.

"Yes, it is. I don’t know how, but it is." Lori said. "I killed Rich. Taylor, too. I nearly killed my father."

"Lori..." Sam said but she stopped him.

"I can see it now. They didn’t deserve to be punished. I do." Lori sobbed.

""Come on. We gotta go." Sam told Lori. He lead her away and opened the door to the basement. Once the door was opened the Hook Man was behind it and pushed his hook through the door.

"Go!" I yell to them as we run down the aisle and back into the room we were just in. I glanced behind us and noticed that the Hook Man was following us. He took a swing at me a few times but luckily he missed. "Get her out of here." I tell Sam as the Hook Man hits me with his hook and it goes right into my shoulder. I scream out in pain as I notice that an invisible force drags Lori on her back across the floor. Sam and I run towards her.

"Come on. You okay?" Sam asked Lori. He reached for her but the Hook Man knocked him backwords into the wall. Sam jumped back up and gets behind the Hook Man who is standing over Lori. I stand up from the ground as I noticed that Dean is behind Sam and the Hook Man with his gun raised.

"Sam, drop!" Dean called to his little brother. Sam crouched down and Dean shoots the Hook Man once causing him to disappear into dust.

"I thought we got all the silver." Sam said.

"So did I." Dean said coming over to me. He examined my shoulder.

"Then why is he still here?" I asked them.

"Well, maybe we missed something!" Dean said

"Lori, where did you get that chain?" Sam asked Lori as we looked at the necklace that was around her neck.

"My father gave it to me." Lori said holding it.

"Where’d your dad get it?" Sam asked her.

"He said it was a church heirloom, he gave it to me when I started school." Lori said.

"Is it silver?!" I shrieked at her.

"Yes!" She said. Sam ripped the chain off from around her neck. I turned towards the hallway at the sound of the Hook Man scratching the wall in the hallway. Dean turns to look at it as well.

"Sam!" Dean yells as he throws Sam the rifle and the rock salt. I watched Sam toss Dean the necklace that Lori was wearing. Dean disappears back upstairs. Sam aimed the gun at the scratch that is being made and shoots. He quickly reloads the gun with rock salt.

* * *


"And you saw him, too? The man with the hook?" The sheriff asked Dean as I stood next to him pretending to be upset over what had just happened.

"Yes, I told you, we all saw him. We fought him off and then he ran." Dean said as he rubbed my back slowly.

"And that’s all?" The sheriff asked.

"Yeah, that’s all." Dean said looking at me.

"Listen. You, your girlfriend and your brother—" The sheriff started.

"Oh, don’t worry, we’re leaving town." Dean said as he led me to the car. "Let's get you home."

"I don't have a home."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oli's outfit