Hunted

one of one

A sharp, stinging pain was the first thing that Kat felt as consciousness began to take hold of her body. It was a dull, throbbing pain just above her eyebrow, and even in her stunned state she could feel the small pulse behind it. Her eyelids fluttered wildly, unable to fully open as she tried to wake up. Her body was heavy, as though it were made of stone as she finally forced her right eye open, her left only opening slightly. She felt something crusty holding the eyelashes together and instinctively went to reach up, only to find her hands were bound.

She felt her heart begin to beat wildly as she thrashed around, trying to make sense of her surroundings as her mind still sat in a fog. Wherever she was being kept was nearly pitch black aside from a small streak of light she assumed to be coming from under a door. She tried to open her mouth only to feel the cotton of a gag between her teeth. Her mind raced, trying to put things together as she forced her brain through the haze, trying to remember what had happened.

She had been on her normal, nightly jog on the trail behind her apartment. She had been listening to music when something had grabbed her, covering her mouth as something slipped into her neck. Had it been a needle? It had felt like the familiar bee sting sensation. Then her eyes rolled back and she’d passed out. She needed her phone, she needed to call 911, somehow get out of here.

Her whole body seemed numb as she rolled towards the door, trying to find something- anything- that she could use to free herself. But all she felt was the cold of the hardwood floors beneath her. She tried to choke back vomit as cold fear began to flow through her body, leaving her shaking on the floor before she heard something. Her head shot up as she listened to the unmistakable thud of footsteps. She tried to yell for help, but all that came out was a muffled cry. However it had gotten the stranger’s attention as the footsteps suddenly stopped. She felt tears begin to well in her eyes as she watched to door handle begin to turn, praying she would be freed.

“Awake already?” Kat knew the man’s voice, but couldn’t quite place it. She struggled to try and sit up, but her body had other plans as she stayed in a heap on the floor. She felt helpless before a hand met her head, petting her hair softly as she whimpered. “There there Kat, it’s all going to be okay. Here, let me get the light on for you.”

A bright light flooded the room, causing Kat to close her eyes tightly as she was blinded. She heard the man laugh and forced her eye open, her left eye refusing to open once more. All she saw was a blur as her eyes struggled to adjust when finally the man came into focus. He looked concerned as he leaned down, running his thumb over her left eye. She knew his handsome features, his dark eyes and thick lips. His gaze was unmistakable, but she was having trouble thinking, let alone remembering his name as he propped her up, his deep eyes almost too intense.

“Is that better Kat?” He murmured, gazing at her like a lover. “Your poor eye, why’d you have to go and smash your pretty face on a rock when you fell?” He clicked his tongue disapprovingly, pressing on it and making her squeal in pain. “Those eyes are what I love most about you.” He leaned forward, his lips grazing hers when she pulled back. His eyes narrowed and Kat immediately regretted her decision as he stood, letting her limp body hit the hard ground.

“After everything I’ve done, you won’t even kiss me.” He growled. “Do you have any idea how much work I’ve put into this Kat?! Any idea at all?!” He then scoffed, sticking his hand in his pocket and pulling out her phone. “Not that you made it that hard.” He unlocked her phone, reading in a cruel voice. “Off for a jog in the normal spot! Text if you want to join. And then you check in at your apartment building.” He chuckled cruelly. “You’re lucky a good looking guy like me is the one that grabbed you. You’ve got to be careful with all those psychos out there.”

Suddenly a name shot to her mind and Kat tried her best to force it though her obstruction. It came out as a whimper, but it got her capturer’s attention as he turned. He pulled down the gag, allowing her to breathe. Her words came out dry and choked. But she was able to produce a name. “Scott!” She pleaded.

“You remember me, my love.” He cooed, running his hand through her hair, pressing the gash on her forehead until she squealed. He smiled wickedly, loving that sound. “And I’m sure you remember how you would never give me the time of day in front of your friends because I was trash.” He pressed down on the gash again, watching her eyes well with tears before they spilled over “But you’ll fuck me, won’t you Kat? You’ll come into my shit boy truck, have an amazing night in Chester Park, watching the stars and making love…” He stopped, pressing his lips together. “And then you act like I never existed.”

“I’m sorry Scott.” She murmured. “I didn’t mean to hurt you…” She started crying, shaking violently. “Please let me go. I’ll treat you better-”

“It’s too late for that Kat.” He said, shaking his head. “You think your little rich family made you better than me because they can put you in a nice flat, pay your rent, and buy you a Mercedes. My father had to work four jobs to send me to that school so I could have a better life. And what did you do Kat?”

“I’m sorry Scott! It wasn’t just me-”

“You were the only one I love!” He said, grabbing her throat until she started gasping. “But now you and I are going to have a perfect life together.” She shook her head and he let go, sitting back and smiling evilly.

“What about my family?” She whimpered.

“You don’t need them.” He said. “I’ll be your family, until we have children, I’m thinking at least three.” Kat felt vomit creeping up again as she looked into his eyes.

“Why me?” She asked. “There are prettier girls-”

“But they’re not you my dear.” He whispered. “Ever since that night I’ve been watching you. Setting up a perfect plan to make you mine. But like I said, you didn’t make it difficult. All I had to do was follow all your pages and tweets and I knew where you were every second of every day. Every picture of you in a bikini, I saw us on the beach. You all curled up in a blanket is our new home on a cold day. You painted this life so perfectly for me, it’d be a waste if I ignored it.”

“You’re a stalker.” She hissed, struggling against her binds. “You’re sick!”

“I’m love sick.” He swore, grabbing her face. “And it’s not stalking if you post it for the whole world to see.” She shook her head, looking at him.

“People will know I’m gone. They’ll find you.” He threw his head back, laughing at that as he leaned in close.

“No they won’t.” He whipped out her phone again, smiling as he tapped the screen. “Taking a trip up to the mountains for a detox. I’ll probably lose reception, but I’ll post pictures as soon as I get back! See you all in a few weeks ah, and we can’t forget a little smiley face.”

Kat shook her head as he chuckled, running his thumb over her face softly. “Why are you doing this?” She whimpered, her eyes stinging with tears. He simply chuckled, giving her a wide, toothy grin.

“Because I love a good hunt.” He laughed. “And you’re the most beautiful prey I’ve ever pursued Miss Kat.” With that he stood, turning towards the door. “Now, I need to go pack, we’ve got a long trip ahead of us.”

“You’ll never get away with this. I’ll fight every day until I can get away.” He laughed again, shaking his head.

“I have enough animal tranquilizer to keep you quiet until we reach Canada. Then we’ll be going so far north that if you even try to leave the animals or the weather will kill you.” Her eyes flickered nervously over his back as she tried to think of something he hadn’t prepared for.

“They’ll find my finger prints! Foot prints! Your hair where you grabbed me!” Scott’s cold laughter filled the small room as he turned back, his eyes reminding her of a fox who’d cornered its rabbit.

“They’ll be tearing apart those mountains for you. They’ll never even think to search the trail. And by the time they do, the evidence will be long gone.” He then looked at her phone again. “You made it so easy my dear.” He cooed. “But we won’t be needing this anymore.” Kat watched in horror as Scott grabbed her last hope, throwing it against the wall so it shattered into millions of pieces. He walked back, pulling her gag back into her mouth to silence her crying.

“Cheer up Kat.” He whispered. “You’ve got the rest of your life to fall in love with me.” With that she felt the bee sting sensation again, seeing the syringe in his hand before her eyelids began fluttering. “Don’t hit your head this time dear.” He chuckled. He watched as she slowly passed out in his arms and smiled lovingly, kissing her cold lips. “When you wake up, we’ll be in our new home.” He whispered. And with that he set her down, leaving to prepare for the rest of their life together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all like it!
I know it's creepy blame television
I'd love to hear your thoughts!
and win this contest ha ha

Nobody get kidnapped now!
oxoxoxoxoxox
Ashlee