Status: for a contest.

Wildest Dreams.

Eight days isn't enough

There was five days before Harry left for tour, and three days before Regan went on tour with her mom. Regan hadn’t gone on tour with her mom in seven years, and this was going to be the first time her and Harry were going to be apart for a long time. According to her mom’s schedule and Harry’s schedule in the next seven month they would only be able to see each for a total of eight days all together. Regan knew that how badly she wanted them to be able to do a long distance relationship she knew there was a good chance it wouldn’t work out.

She sat on her bedroom floor packing her suitcase as Harry sat on her bed watching her carefully. She was in the middle of packing her dresses into her second suitcase when Harry sat down on the floor next to her. “So when are you going to fly to meet me on tour?” he said before pressing his lips gently to her bare pale shoulder that was sprinkled with freckles.

“Harry we’ve been over this I don’t know if I’ll actually be able to join you on tour at all,” she looked over at him sadly. “This is the first tour my mom has done since my dad’s passed, and in the last twenty years of my mom’s career she has never toured without him.” He gave her sad look. “Harry I’m sorry it’s just my mom really needs me right now.”

“I understand,” he said softly.

Regan looked over at him knowing that they couldn’t drag this out any longer. Harry might not want to admit it, but Regan knew that there was no way they were going to make this long distance relationship work. She knew trying to make it work was going to do nothing but break both of their hearts even more. “Harry,” she whispered.

“What?” he asked knowing by her voice he wasn’t going to like what she had to say.

She looked into his green eyes with her blue eyes already starting to brim with tears. “Let’s not pretend this relationship can survive this,” she said slowly.

He looked at her completely confused by what she had just said to her. He opened his mouth to speak and then closed it quickly. “Why?” was all he managed to say.

“Because we can’t go seven months not seeing each other,” she said as the tears started to slide down her cheek.

“Then come with me,” he said standing up and looking down at her.

She looked up at him staring into his green eyes, almost pleading him to let her end this easier. “Harry my mom needs me right, she hasn’t toured since my dad died,” she said.

“I know Regan, but I need you too,” she said getting down on his knees so he was at her level. “Regan I’ve never been one to have a long term relationship, but you have changed everything,” he said as she watch a tear slide down his cheek. “I’m not ready to give you up.” He grabbed her hand and held it tightly. “I don’t care if I don’t see you for seven months or even two years. I’ll be fine as long as I know one day I’ll see you again, and be able to hold you and tell you I love you and you’ll say you love me too,” he pleaded.

“Harry I’ll always love you, but I can’t handle not seeing you for seven months,” she said as tears continued to slide down her pale freckled covered cheeks. “So let’s just walked away before we get hurt anymore,” she whispered.

“No,” he said raising his tone. “I’m not giving up.”

“Harry go on tour and have fun with the boys, and when you come home we’ll talk,” she said before pressing her lips to his, almost as if she was trying to stop him from arguing with her.

Harry knew what she was doing, but it didn’t stop him from kissing her like it was the last time he might ever see her again. He placed his large hand on her pale freckled cover skin and was trying to keep his lips attached to hers for as long as possible.

She pulled away with a sad look on her face that let Harry know this was truly they end of them for at least the next seven months. “Is this goodbye?” he asked whispering scared to hear what she was going to say.

“It’s going to be for now,” she said softly. “Please don’t forget me.”

“I won’t ever forget, and I hope to see you in my wildest dreams.” he said before pressing his lips to her forehead.

“I love you,” she said with a sad smile.

“I love you too Regan Bennett, and I always will,” he said standing up and walking out of her bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Regan's Outfit

This is the final chapter in the this little story. I guess people don't always get a happy ending. I might do a follow up story on Harry and Regan because I liked writing this story so much. This has been my favorite contest I've ever entered in.