Status: Done :)

Happy Mellin Halloween

Happy Mellin Halloween

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Matty's POV

I grinned proudly to myself as I stared at my reflection in the mirror above the porcelain sink of the bathroom. I adjusted the long light grey beard on my chin and slightly combed through it to make it look fairly more decent. I reached out and grabbed the long pointed grey hat on the counter and put it on my head where my wig, which was the same color as my beard, was placed.

I stepped back and inspected myself for the last time. I had a long dark grey robe that almost hid my brown boots. I also had a tight brown belt wrapped around my waist and an old styled pouch bag.

I nodded to myself, smiling a little. Kellin, my best friend, was suppose to be coming over quite soon tonight. It was like a tradition for us now. On each Halloween, I would go to his house, he would go to mine the year after, and so on. We would sometimes go trick or treating, even though we were grown men(we didn't really care. All that mattered was the free candy). And sometimes, we would just give candy to the little kids that passed by with their parents in our neighborhood. But this year, we decided otherwise. We discussed with each other that we were just going to hang out, make some popcorn, and watch a marathon of horror movies all night. Which resulted taking the carved pumpkin I had put outside on the coffee table in the living room. I even took the time to place a candle inside and light it up so it can be a little more interesting.
As I observed myself, I frowned, taking notice suddenly.

'Something is missing.' I looked around, 'Where can it be?'

And then, the doorbell rang.

I smiled widely and I scurried to the door, almost ridiculously tripping over my robe. I crossed my fingers, hoping that it won't be a kid that didn't seem to understand that if a house didn't have any Halloween decorations and all the visible lights from the front were closed, they obviously don't have any candy. Right when I was about to turn the door knob, I spotted what I was looking for. A tall skinny wooden staff was leaned against the closet. I swiftly took it in my grasp, doing a small imitation of an 'evil villain laugh'.

I opened the door and as I hoped for, it was Kellin. He too was dressed up for the event of today, even if we were just staying inside the house. He was wearing an oversized looking big brown fur costume with the head of a bear connected to it, which was placed on top of his head like a hat and almost covered his round blue eyes.

Knowing him, he might be thinking that he looked like a fierce and fearless bear, but in reality, I thought the complete opposite. He resembled a teddy bear who was just searching for a cuddle buddy. It was cute, honestly. It was practically impossible to think otherwise.

He smiled at me when he saw me and waved. I immediately took note of the area where his palms were, that were now covered because of the costume, had bear paws printed on them.

Before he can say anything, I slammed the tip of my staff on the floor, making him jump in surprised and eyes to widen.

“You shall not pass!” I yelled out dramatically, putting on an angry grimace. Kellin stayed put for a moment, sinking in what I just said, then started giggling. He reached up to me and tapped my shoulder a few times before pushing past me.

“Well hello to you too, Gandalf.” He greeted me and I turned around only to see him saunter around in my kitchen, opening all the cabinets. I pouted and waved the funny looking staff around.

“You should know better, youngster! Respect a wise wizard's orders!” I said playfully, shutting the door. I heard his high pitched giggles, head poking out from a cabinet.

“A wise wizard who doesn't even have a chocolate bar on Halloween day?” He asked me, causing me to shrug and walk towards him.

“I was too lazy to get some at the store?” I questioned myself.

He smiled and started briefly looking around, “Where's Brittany?”

“She's hanging out with her girl friends.” Kellin just nodded, taking out a popcorn bag and putting it in the microwave, putting the necessary time.

I took note of his outfit, it only went down to his mid thighs. So, he had to wear black skinny jeans under them. I frowned slightly, even in my outfit at the moment, I was almost sweating.

“Aren't you hot?” I asked him curiously, causing him to look up at me with wide eyes.

“Who? Me? Of course, I'm always hot.” He winked. Of course he would say that.

I rolled my eyes and grinned, “Whatever you say, teddy bear.”

He gasped and lightly hit my chest.

“I am not a teddy bear! I'm a big scary bear! Look!” He raised his 'paws' up in the air and attempted to roar like the animal he was dressed as. Which failed, literally. Instead of sounding like the wild bear he wanted to imitate, he sounded like a little kid trying to scare his parents.

I cooed at him, which seemed to piss him off more and creating a small pink tint on his cheeks.

“Shut up.” He muttered and I smiled. It was so easy to make him feel embarrassed.

The hum of the microwave stopped and followed immediately by loud beeping, causing Kellin to jump and a small squeal escape his lips. I smirked at him as he covered his mouth with his paws, his face as red as ever.

“A 'big scary bear', right?” I raised an eyebrow, repeating his previous words. A groan escaped his mouth.

“Go pick a movie!” He told me and shooed me away towards the living room, me laughing. I glided towards the big box of DVD's that was always under the television and started going through them. I put aside the horror movies I found until I had at least 10 movies on the floor.

'The Conjuring, The Evil Dead, Drag Me To Hell, Saw II, Paranormal Activity, Insidious...' I read as I identified each of them.

I smirked, staring at the 'Insidious' cover a little longer. Kellin didn't watch a lot of horror movies, except when he felt like it or on Halloween day. I have only bought this movie last week because it creeped the crap out of me when I first saw it at the theatres. I sighed to myself, shaking my head; I liked buying things that creep me out. It was fun, in a weird way. I placed the rest of the horror movies on the coffee table and turned on the TV.

As the movie menu started, Kellin appeared with a big bowl of popcorn and two glasses of what seemed to be root beer.

We both plopped down on the couch and brought the glass table closer to us. I let my legs dangle in front of me, my usual position. As for Kellin, he always had his knees brought up to his chest. He doesn't really do that when he's with other people, but with me, he's comfortable. Surrounded by strangers, or certain people, the probability was high that he would be treated as a child. Honestly, I didn't know what was so bad about that particular position. Yes, it was a position that young people used a lot. But that doesn't mean that older people weren't allowed.

“So, what are we watching first?” Kellin asked me, taking a mouthful of popcorn. I smirked once more, nodding my head to the television screen.

“Insidious.” I told him. He looked at me with a puzzled look.

“Did I already watch it? What's it about? Is it really scary? Is there big scary bears? Please don't put a movie with evil bears.” He wondered with popcorn still in his mouth.

I chuckled at his blabbering, pressing 'play' and placing the remote on the couch arm, “No, you never watched it. You'll know what it's about. And maybe there might be a big scary bear.”

He frowned but said nothing more, only pushing the popcorn bowl towards me. I gladly accepted it, grabbing some and shoving them in my mouth.

~~~

We were only halfway through the movie and Kellin was shaking as his arms firmly wrapped themselves around his legs.

I chuckled silently as I saw him jump at a particular part. He wasn't that awful before, he would sometimes shift and nibble his lip, but that was all.

If my hunch is right, he freaked out at the part when the woman was taking out the trash outside and then she heard a joyful song coming from the inside of her house. She peeked through the window and saw a young boy dancing to the music.

I had to admit, the first time I saw that scene, it really creeped me out. Kellin had looked at me with wide eyes and I only returned a cheeky grin.

~~~

The movie was almost coming to it's end right now, Kellin was still a little tense but after he'd scooted closer to me, he was pretty much fine. His head was laying on my shoulder and I didn't mind at all; we were best friends after all. He always did that when he felt uncomfortable or if he was scared or if he wanted to feel protected.

On the screen, as the guy was looking around in a pitch black room, a red faced demon suddenly popped up right behind him, making the guy scream.

He wasn't the only one who screamed, Kellin shook violently as he too let out a shriek and wrapped his hands around my arm. He buried his face in the crook of my neck and whined, causing me to shake my head to the side because of the fur tickling my face.

I chuckled at his reaction, “You okay?”

He whined again, in some way, answering my question. He gripped my arm tighter and looked up at me.

“Is it almost done?” He asked me in a small voice. I nodded, making him sigh in relief.

A grin made it's way on my lips, “Think you can survive until the end, Kellybear?” He pouted at the nickname and huffed, sitting up straight and crossing his arms.

“Of course I can!” He exclaimed and grabbed his glass and sipped the little amount of root beer he had left.

Right when his back hit the couch, another startling scene occurred and not even a second later, he was back in my arms.

“Nope nope nope nope nope...” He muttered continuously. I laughed and wrapped my left arm around his shoulders. Should I Instagram this? ...Nah.

~~~

Kellin ended up staying in that position for the rest of the movie, me almost dying out of laughter as he kept muttering quiet strings of insults. The ending credits started appearing and I put the movie to a stop. I turned my attention to the boy.

“It's over now, Kels.” I slightly shook him and he sighed. He peeled himself off me, his face turning a bit red.

“Sorry...” He whispered, looking shy even though he had a small grin on his lips.

I laughed, “It's fine... what would you do if I tweeted about this and took a picture of you all scared and hiding?”

He gasped dramatically and swayed his arms in the air, “I would scream bloody murder and kill you, you little shit!”

I laughed harder and took hold of my staff and pointed it at him, “I would cast a magic spell on you with my great magical staff of doom!”

He only rolled his eyes, “You wouldn't! You love me too much!” He teased, winking.

As I did before, I slammed the staff on the floor, “Gandalf has no love for a mere human being dressed up as a bear!”

He brought his 'paws' up to his heart, a fake hurt expression on his face, “And why not?”

“Because shut up.” I answered back in a monotone voice.

He giggled, “You're such a cheeky dick waffle!”

A small 'huh?' escaped my lips as my eyes grew wide at that... insult?

“What the hell does that mean?” I asked with full curiousity.

He shrugged, “It's a secret.”

I sighed, waving my arm in slight circular motions in the air, showing him that I gave up trying to understand.

He grinned widely, “What are we watching next?”

I raised an eyebrow, “You still wanna watch another one, when you were just scared shitless and hid for almost half an hour?”

He shrugged again, pouting, “Well, if there will be scary parts in the movie we're gonna watch, you'll be here to protect me with your wizard magic!”

I smiled, letting my staff hit the ground and wrapping my arms around him, squeezing him tightly and making him almost fall down.

He made a choking sound and shook himself in my hold, “I said protect me! Not kill me!”

“Would you rather have a real bear squeezing your lungs out?” I asked, loosening my grip.

He looked up at me with his infamous puppy eyes, bottom lip jutted out slightly, “No.”

“Exactly, you little idiot.”

“You jerk.”

“You dumbass.”

“You asshole.”

“Hey look! A flying donut!” I pointed at the ceiling above us. His eyes went wide like saucers in only a split second and he immediately looked up to where I was pointing.

“Where?!” He exclaimed, and that's when I started laughing my ass off.

“Gullible.” I concluded, grinning.

He glared at me and crossed his arms over his chest, “No shit, Gandalf.”

“Indeed, little bear.”

“Fuck you.”

“I love you too.” I made a toothy grin as he face palmed himself and groaned.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm surprised that there isn't a lot of Kellin & Matty friendship fics, considering that they're really close in real life(as best friends). But hey, tah dah!!! A Mellin Halloween one-shot :D

Back in 2010, me and my two best friends went to the theaters and watched 'Insidious'. In my opinion, the creepiest part was when I saw the boy dancing in the house(as mentioned in the fic above haha). And I swear, when the ending credits appeared, I ran out of there. Literally. XD While the movie was playing, I jumped at a few parts. So, that's why I thought that 'Insidious' was the perfect horror movie to include in this one-shot :)

P.S. I love Lord Of The Rings and Gandalf's famous line ok.

P.P.S. Kellin's costume was inspired by an Instagram pic(or was it Twitter?) that he posted. He was indeed, wearing a bear costume. It was cute and there was no way I was ignoring that, I just had to put it in there :)

P.P.P.S. Hope you liked it, it was my first Mellin :) Happy early Halloween!!