Remember When?

Gone

I remember sitting up with him all night after she left, The way he hugged me and his tears fell onto my new jacket. The way he drank until he puked all over the bathroom floor.
How a simple,
"Mike, Your my best friend."
Made me cry with him.
I Remember.

I remember when we were 17 and Billie was drunk again, How he told me He needed to know then just grabbed my shirt and pressed his full lips into mine.
"Mike, I think I'm Bi. But I'm not into you like that."
He said as he pushed me back. I laughed and replied.
"Good, That would be weird."
For years after I watched him Kiss other boys and men. I saw him with Tre.
The way it felt to see it.
I Remember.

I remember when we were on tour as The Foxboro Hot tubs. How Billie had so much fun he lost himself. He drank all night long until he passed out. When he woke up and I spoke with him he said dumb stuff I couldn't understand.
"Mike get a life with all the Hippies on the haight, you damn lark!"
How he thought it was 69' and Manson was trying to kill him.
I Remember.

I remember when Adrienne called me at 3AM. He voice shaking and her words not fitting.
"Mike Billie Joe threw himself Off the window! And I don't know what I'm Gon-"
I hung up on her and sat down with a cup of coffee. I stared at the picture of Billie and I that sat on my Mantel. I didn't cry.
When I did get out of my seat and Go to the Armstrong abode The flashing lights blurred my vision. When It was back I saw Billie Joe laying on the cement below his home. I sat next to the body. Then I kissed his cheek and touched his hair for the last time.
The way It felt to walk away and know I would never see him again.
I Remember.