Status: One SHOT story*

My Angel Disappeared

Your presence still lingers here and it won't leave me alone

I can still remember the day it happened.

There was a storm , the rain drenching the earth and the thunder roaring in the background.

She told me she'd be home in 5 minutes , she just came off work.

"Baby , I'm driving in a storm. I'll see you soon" she told me before she hung up the phone.

I was preparing a meal , it was valentines day afterall and I was being a gentleman.

I couldn't cook , I still remember calling my mom asking her for a recipe.

She was back in Portugal so she stayed on the phone with me helping me step by step.

Tons of beeping in my ear after a while and I told my mom I had another call.

I didn't know the number , so I called back.

"Mr Cristiano Ronaldo?" a woman's voice answered me back. I replied with a yes and let her continue talking.

I still remember the words that made my world tumble down , that made my reason for living disappear.

"Your fiance , Miss Natalia Wolfe was in a car accident. I am so sorry. She's at Santa Maria hospital"

I was at a loss of words. I turned down the stove in a frantic mode and hurried down to my car.

"She'll be okay" Sergio told me as soon as I told him the news , "we'll be right there"

I didn't hear anything for a long time. When Sergio and Karen arrived at the hospital I was greeted with sympathetic hugs.

"Mr Ronaldo?" a man came out , wearing scrubs.

I nodded and stood up fast , "how is she?" was the first thing that came out of my mouth

"I am so sorry for your loss. She didn't make it. I'm sorry sir" he told me.

I can still remember yelling , punching the floor in a fitted rage and then cried.

I cried for days straight

My mom ; brother and sisters came to Madrid

They're still here , trying to help me to move on.

I haven't played any football

my team and coach understands.

I can't bring myself to do anything other than mope around.

Our house brings back memories , I don't think I can live here anymore.

I visit her grave everyday

I take flowers everytime.

I pray to God 'please bring her back'

But she's gone

She shouldn't have drove that night

She should have stayed at the hospital until the storm cleared out

But she was excited , so excited for my 'first home cooked meal ever'

She even mocked and said it would probably be the last one as well

I hated cooking , she always did.

She refused for me to live off pizzas or chinese.

I still smile everytime I asked her if we could eat Chinese.

She hated Chinese.

I still look at a picture of her : she was smiling at me wearing a beautiful flower dress with sandals. We were at a fair , and I just won a teddy bear for her.

"my hero" she told me , rewarding me with a sweet kiss.

One I'll never receive again.

"Baby girl" I sobbed as soon as I reached her grave.

"I miss you , I miss you so much. I wish I could have just one more day with you"

Her smile flashed in my mind , that sparkling eyes of hers - that beautiful eyes.

Her lips were as soft as cotton candy , and tasted as sweet as well.

Her eyes as blue as the ocean's water.

Her pale complexion that turns red as soon as she reaches sun.

That beautiful blonde hair , that always dances in the wind.

"It's hard to deal with the pain of losin' you everywhere I go

But I'm doin' it

It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I'm alone

Still harder gettin' up, gettin' dressed, livin' with this regret

But I know if I could do it over

I would trade, give away all the words that I saved in my heart

That I left unspoken"

"I know you want me to move on baby" I cry "but I can't. I'll never find another girl like you."

I loved her with all my heart

She was my soulmate

and through no fault of my own , she left.

"Si pudiera tomar su lugar lo harĂ­a" I whispered and kissed the stone in front of me

"I know you're still here , and you always will be."

With one last kiss , I whisper and walk away :

"Te amo , meu amor"
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a silly one shot that popped into my mind.

It's a bit of rambling but it's sad to lose a loved one and since I haven't ever written about death I thought to give this a try.

Let me know what you think

Enjoy x