Lunar Cycle

1/1

Image
Capsule Corp was silent in the dead of night. The cricket's chirped at the full moon, high in the sky over the complex.

Everybody was in their beds, sound asleep and oblivious to the moon in it's current lunar cycle. All but one. A pair of purple eyes were trained on the full moon eagerly, watching it carefully like it would break at any moment. He was entranced, enraptured with the moon's full form.

The peaceful night was shattered, with a large crash.

Vegeta sat straight up in bed, immediately alert to the danger. The roof was collapsing around him and he flew upwards, powering up and putting his body between the falling roof and his now screaming wife. Bulma was still half asleep, not completely aware of what was happening – only knowing that it was not good. She watched as her husband threw the roof away into the grounds of Capsule Corp below.

“What the hell is going on Vegeta!?” She screamed, looking around and pulling the now dusty blankets tighter around herself.

Vegeta found the culprit immediately, gasping and turning up to the sky to see the full moon.

“Shit!” He cursed loudly, floating down to grab Bulma and flying off, depositing her at the edge of the grounds. Bulma screamed at the monster she saw now breaking her home and lab.

“Why the hell is Goku destroying my house!?” She wailed.

“It's Trunks.” Vegeta muttered, unsure of how to approach the situation.

“But we cut his tail off when he was born!” Bulma declared, her blue eye's shimmering with fear. Vegeta placed a hand on her shoulder, as he watched his son continue to rampage – destroying everything in sight.

“It must have grown back...” He trailed off, his eye's following Trunk's every move.

“Vegeta! My parent's are staying in the bungalow tonight!” Bulma screamed. Vegeta leapt into the air without a second thought, streaming across the grounds to confront his son.

Trunks heard his father coming and raised a hairy fist, knocking him to the ground before he even had a chance to reason with him. Vegeta hit the ground hard, blood leaked out of the corner of his mouth as his son brought down a large foot – Intending to squash him.

He dodged, rolling out of the way as the foot collided with the ground hard. Vegeta pushed himself up, taking to the air once more. He floated in front of his son's face.

“Trunks stop!” He yelled, knowing it would do little to calm the now raging beast inside of him. Vegeta knew full well that Trunks wasn't capable of controlling his Oozaru form. As expected, Trunks made another lunge for him and Vegeta dodged once more.

“Screw this.” He hissed, flying behind his son and producing a small ki blast. Aiming for his tail – He released it. It hit, severing the tail from his son's body. The effects were immediate, Trunks shrank back into his original self and slumped forward on the ground.

Vegeta landed next to him and sighed, picking him up gently. Bulma ran over, wrapping him in a blanket as she took him from Vegeta's arms.

As they stood together, their home shattered and broken around them, The chirping of the crickets returned.