You're My Way Home, You're My Backbone.

Sometimes An Ending Can Be A New Beginning.

“One more bullet. One more bullet and I would have bet that asshole.” Jon grumbled as he slid into Ryan’s car. “That game is rigged.”

Brendon bit his lip to keep from laughing as he locked up Ryan’s front door. Jon has spent the last forty five minutes yelling at the game as he tried to beat a boss and it would have to be most entertaining thing Brendon’s watched all week, besides the soccer game. He sort of felt bad that Jon did lose three times, then had to give up to take him home, but Jon wasn’t one to get agro very easily over anything and when he did it was more funny than scary. Some of the calling combinations were classic.

Brendon did his best to keep the smile off his face as he climbed into the car. Jon made a face and turned the key. Brendon started playing with the stereo controls, as much as that always annoyed Ryan to the moon and back, and settled on a high bass for the album playing. Jon turned the volume up loud enough for the speakers in the doors to shake and started reversing the car. By the time they reached the end of the road Jon was already cheered up and bobbing his head along with the music.

The drive back to Brendon’s house was the same as always until Jon missed a main turn, going straight instead of turning left at an intersection. Brendon frowned and turned down to music so Jon could hear him speak.

“Uh, I thought we were going back to my house?” Brendon asked unsure, gesturing to the turn they just passed.

Jon glanced over at him and smiled.

“Spencer texted me earlier, there’s road works down that way so we have to take a detour.”

“Oh, okay.”

Brendon turned the music back up and settled back into the seat. He didn’t remember seeing any signs for road works. The album playing ended and instead of letting it repeat Brendon swapped the disc to the first one he could find in the glove compartment. The bass was a bit too heavy for the new music so Brendon started fiddling around with the sound controls again.

“Ryan is going to have your head.” Jon laughed over the music.

“I’ll blame you!” Brendon grinned. “He’ll believe me.”

Jon laughed shaking his head and slowed the car to a stop at the next set of lights. From the steering wheel controls Jon turned the music down a little and started singing along lightly. Brendon glanced over at him and with a smile, joined in.

Jon turned the car left. They sang together all the way to Brendon’s house, which took about an extra ten minutes. When they reached the house, Spencer’s car was already parked out front on the grass so Jon could have the driveway. Neither Spencer nor Ryan themselves were in the car or on the front step so Brendon guessed they had already let themselves inside. He wondered how long they have been here and if the house was cold inside.

Brendon grabbed the backpack from by his feet and slid out of the car and waited for Jon. Jon was still humming the song as he rounded the car swinging Ryan’s keys around his finger.

“Careful, remember what happened last time.” Brendon warned.

Jon laughed and made a show out of swinging the keys.

“There’s no trees nearby, the keys are good.”

“Then they fly off and land in the gutter instead.” Brendon snickered as he stepped up to the front door.

“Well, it will give Ryan something to do this afternoon then.” Jon grinned.

Brendon went to take his own keys out of his pocket to unlock the door when he twisted the doorhandle and the door fell open. He walked in, Jon following until they passed the kitchen, as he made a bee line for his bedroom to dump the bag on his bed. He took his little medication bag out and put it on the bedside table.

“Hey Bren!” Spencer yelled from somewhere in the house.

“Yeah?”

“Come here! You need to come see this.”

Brendon moved the bag to the foot off the bed to sort out later. He followed to where he guessed Spencer was calling from and found him in the kitchen. It wasn’t until then that Brendon could smell freshly cooked food, some of which smelled like cookies or cake. He glanced around at the benches and table; everything was bare and clean with no food in sight.

Spencer smiled from where he was standing by the back door. He looked like he was about to bounce in place from excitement. Brendon stared at him confused.

“Dude, you have to see this. Come over here.” Spencer waved him over.

Curious Brendon walked around the kitchen table and to the back door. Spencer flashed another grin and pulled the door open with a dramatic flair.

Brendon froze in shock.

“Surprise!”

Unknowing how to react Brendon brought his hands up to his mouth in awe. A whole bunch of faces smiled at him, some people laughed at his reaction. Bewildered Brendon looked at Spencer, who was beaming.

“Don’t look at me, I helped but this wasn’t my doing.” Spencer laughed.

Pete came bouncing in through the door then and all but launched himself at Brendon. If it wasn’t for Spencer standing next to them, they would have tumbled to the ground in a pile of limbs.

Brendon pulled his arms away from his face and wrapped them around Pete, clinging.

“I still promise to clean up afterwards.” Pete said loud enough for Brendon to hear.

Brendon immediately thought back to a webcam conversation they had months ago and shook his head against Pete’s shoulder stunned.

In a way Brendon figured he shouldn’t be shocked. Generally when Pete says he is going to do something he does it and Brendon guessed he should have seen this coming. Secretly he is glad he didn’t, not after seeing all the smiling faces in his backyard.

“You didn’t- Really- you,”

Pete laughed at Brendon’s loss for words and squeezed him tighter.

“Of course I did. You really think I – we – wouldn’t at least throw a party for you? You beat cancer that is one fucking huge reason to celebrate.”

“Fuck yeah it is.” Spencer agreed. “And as much as this if for you Bren, those cookies have my name of them and I’m going to eat them before anyone else does.”

Brendon laughed as he pulled back from Pete, enough to look out the back door at everyone. Zack, Patrick, Joe, Any, Dallon, Gabe, William, Kenny, Ian...just to name a few. Brendon smiled and let Pete pull him out the door by his hoddie sleeve. Brendon was barely out of the threshold when he was swamped with hugs, high fives, hellos and congratulations. Someone turned on some background music somewhere and Zack started up a barbeque that Brendon’s doesn’t own and started cooking lunch.

After Brendon managed to greet everyone, he was then able to step back and take a moment to look around. The half dead grass was turned into a large sitting area with a small fire pit off to the side by a stack of wood, mostly likely for later when the temperature will drop. The small paved area now had two large tables set up, one with food and the other with plates, cutlery and drinks. Balloons and party lights were hanging lopsided from the gutters and palm trees, and there was streamers thrown over the small collection of potted plants lining the house.

Brendon loved it.

As he was taking all that in, Patrick walked up to Brendon and handed him a cup of what looked like cola.

“I know you’re not one for surprises, so how’s this one?” Patrick asked as he took a sip of his own drink.

“Fantastic. I...” Brendon trailed off laughing and shaking his head. “Not sure what to say actually. I honestly didn’t expect a thing.”

Brendon lifted the cup to his mouth but paused when he felt something on his head. He turned around to see William flash a grin and quickly dart away to where Ryan and Spencer were squabbling over what looked to be a plate of cookies. Curious, Brendon reached up and took the thing off his head. It was a cardboard crown with fake jewels stuck randomly all over it and a generous layer of glitter. Brendon put it back on his head and pulled the elastic string under his chin so it wouldn’t fall off.

There was a click and Brendon glanced over at Patrick as he took a second photo on his phone.

“So you really didn’t have a clue?” Patrick asked mildly surprised.

“Nope.” Brendon shook his head.

“Huh, then Pete was freaking out over nothing then. He was sure you’d figure something was off.”

“Thinking back on it, I probably should’ve.”

A lot of things made a bit more sense; the day at the beach, how Spencer offered to pick up his stuff, Ryan and Spencer taking off this morning, the quick hiding of mobile phones every time Brendon entered a room last night. Brendon guess there was more signs he completely over looked.
Something else accrued to him then and he turned to Patrick with a confused look.

“Random question, but how did everyone get here? Surely Spencer wasn’t playing taxi earlier.” Brendon asked unsure.

Patrick laughed as he scratched the back of his head.

“We all sort of took over half the parking lot to the cafe a couple of streets from here and walked. Dallon’s idea.”

Brendon eyes widened as something clicked. There was no road works. To get here from Ryan’s a person would have to drive past that cafe unless that someone took the long route. Just like Jon did. He was making sure Brendon never saw the car park in case he recognised one of the cars.
Brendon shook his head in awe. So everyone was on the surprise and really went out of their way to keep it hidden.

“You sneaky bunch of shits,” Brendon laughed.

Patrick flashed a grin and pointed at Pete, as if he was the one to blame.

“Is there anything else I should know?” Brendon fluttered his eyelashes a little, if there was anyone here that would spill the beans Brendon guessed it was him.

“Not that I can think of. This is Pete and partly Spencer’s planning, so you never know.”

“Very true.” Brendon nodded, he knew that from experience.

Patrick made a face to show he agreed and took a long sip of his drink. Brendon did the same as he looked over at Zack who was turning sausages in between cutting hotdog buns. Andy was up to his elbows in buns as he buttered them trying to keep up with Zack. Brendon turned his attention to Ryan and Spencer who were still squabbling over by the food table and so into their ‘discussion’ neither of them realised that William and Kenny were eating the cookies out from under their noses.

Brendon laughed and watched on amused. Jon walked up besides them and snickered.

“I feel sorry if anyone has to care for them when they’re old.” Jon grinned.

Patrick almost choked on his drink from laughing. Brendon held his hand up for a high five and Jon smacked their hands together.

“Zack said lunch will be ready shortly and Pete wants your help Patrick, with the other food in the kitchen.” Jon announced.

With a nod Patrick wondered into the house where beeping of an eggtimer was coming from. Jon jerked his head in the direction of the grass and Brendon let Jon pull him by the sleeve to where Dallon and a couple of others were lying down large picnic blankets in between the chairs that was scattered around. Brendon picked out the most comfy chair that wasn’t already taken and moved it to be besides Jon.

Zack announced it was lunch time and to line up by the tables where Pete and Patrick were putting plates of salads, coleslaws, chicken and more. Brendon stayed where he was and decided to wait while other people loaded their plates first, after setting all this up he figured they deserved it more.
“So road works, huh?” Brendon asked giving Jon a sideways glare.

Jon laughed and scratched the back of his head, messing up the hair there.

“Best excuse I could think of. It worked pretty well.” Jon smiled sheepishly.

Brendon smiled and took a gulp of his drink. The ice in it was melting fast now. Suddenly there was a plate of food in front of his face and Brendon pulled back startled. Spencer smiled and held the plate out for Brendon to take.

“Lunch is served my lord.”

Brendon blinked before remembering the crown on his head. He took the plate with a delicate air and nodded.

“Thank you. You may sit and join the feast now.”

Spencer laughed and plonked himself down on the picnic blanket next to Patrick’s chair and used it to lean against. Ryan then wondered over and sat down using Dallon’s legs as his own personal back rest. Dallon barely blinked in reaction and shovelled a fork full of food into his mouth.

As more people got their food the sitting area started to get a little crammed, but not bad enough for anyone to end up sitting on the rough grass. Smiling to himself, Brendon started eating the mass of food Spencer had gotten him and almost laughed when he spotted the biscuit hiding under a bunch of salad. He kept that for last.

Lunch was like a huge family affair. It reminded Brendon of family get-togethers when he was a kid when everyone was crammed into a too small house for the amount of people, homemade food of every type covering the dining table, multiple conversations going on all at once and laughter being mixed in with it all. When Pete first mentioned a party a couple of months ago the first image that popped into Brendon’s head was of Pete’s usual parties. Ones that were the equivalent of a big New Years Eve bash at any time of the year. This was more like a family reunion and Brendon loved it.

Simple and sweet.

A lot of the people here Brendon hasn’t seen in months but has heard from on a regular basis. The fact that they all took time out of whatever they were doing to be here and even help organise this awed Brendon. Looking around at everyone he knew there will be no way of wiping the smile off his face for the rest of the day, possibly even the next week.

Brendon waited until it looked like people were finishing eating before he whistled loudly to get everyone’s attention. Jon flinched from next to him and rubbed his ear, then kicked Pete who was snickering.

“So, um,” Brendon laughed, nervous and unsure where to start to say what he wanted to. “I hate speeches, so I’m going to keep it quick. I just wanted to say thank you guys for all of this. It has to be one of the best surprises I’ve ever had and...yeah, thank you very much.”

Brendon smiles as there were a few loud cheers. Someone yelled for a toast and every one held their drinks up.

“For beating cancers ass!” Spencer yelled and he reached forward to touch his glass with Brendon’s.

A whole bunch of cheers, yells and whistles erupted. Brendon laughed and gulped down the last half mouthful of his drink. Ryan stood from where he was sitting and collected Brendon’s empty plate as he passed. After a moment he got up too and walked over to the tables.

There was still a lot of food left. Brendon dug around in one of the eskies until he found a large bottle of cola and poured himself a new drink as someone walked up behind him and settled their chin on his shoulder. Brendon hummed acknowledging them.

“So where do you keep all your cleaning stuff?” Pete asked, smile obvious in his voice.

“The party over already?” Brendon huffed when he accidently dropped the bottle top and watched as it rolled across the table.

“Nowhere close. Just asking for tomorrow before I forget to.”

“You really don’t have-“

“Yes. I do.” Pete said cutting Brendon off.

He moved away from Brendon and picked up the bottle top. He flicked it and Brendon caught it easily.

“I did promise I would, so no arguing.” Pete grinned. “So do you like it so far? Spencer said to keep it sorta low-key, I haven’t organised a simple party in years. I think I over ordered on the food.”

Pete pointed to the table and laughed. Brendon smiled and put the lid back on the bottle.

“Don’t worry; it will be eaten sometime in the next twenty four hours. This party is awesome, seriously.”

Before Pete could say anything Brendon ducked forward and wrapped Pete into a tight hug. Pete squeezed back just a hard.

“Thank you.”

Pete patted him on the back as they pulled apart. They grinned at each other and Brendon picked up his drink. He then grabbed the bottle and shoved into whatever esky it could fit in.

“You’re welcome. By the way there is another box of those cookies Ryan and Spencer have been bitching over. I hid them in your room. Don’t tell them, at least not yet, they’re entertaining to watch.” Pete smirked and walked away as he was called by someone.

Brendon laughed. He grabbed a mini packet of m&m’s before wondering back to his seat, which was now taken by Gabe. He and Jon were involved in some wild hand moving conversation that has something to do with an old tour story. Brendon waited for a moment, listening in before he sat down on Jon’s legs and leant back when Jon finally stopped waving his arms around.

“I dunno, Gabe. I think there is something wrong with my chair it’s gone all bony and lumpy.”

Brendon chuckled wiggling around until he was sitting sideways across Jon’s lap.

Jon started poking him in the ribs so Brendon caught and held his hand to stop him. Smiling amused Jon put his drink into the holder on the arm of the chair and started poking Brendon in the back.

Brendon squawked as a particular jab just under his shoulder blade and twisted awkwardly away while arching his back. The movement was enough for Brendon to lose his balance and slide off Jon’s lap. He caught himself before he could hit the ground hard using his hands and Gabe’s legs, and then lowered himself the rest of the way.

“Well that looked like it went to plan.” Gabe laughed.

Brendon smiled shyly and moved around on the picnic blanket so he wasn’t crowded in or in a position he could accidently knock over Gabe’s drink. He paused when he was shuffling around Jon’s feet and smirked to himself. Well if he could have Jon’s lap, Brendon figured, why not?

He sat himself down on Jon’s feet like he was sitting on a cushion and used Jon’s legs as a backrest. Above him there were two lots of laughing. Jon wiggled his toes causing Brendon to make a face, it felt a little weird.

“Comfortable now?” Jon asked amused.

“Very.”

Brendon pulled out the pack of m&m’s from his pocket and ripped it open. He offered Jon and Gabe some.

Suddenly there was another little packet landing on Brendon leg. He looked up to see where it came from just as Spencer sat down on the blanket, turned his back to Brendon and lied down so he head was pillowed by Brendon’s leg.

“Ryan’s an asshole.” Spencer hissed as he slid on a pair of sunglasses.

“Funny, I thought he was human.” Gabe muttered.

“Why?” Brendon asked as he tipped half of the open packet of chocolate into his mouth.

One missed its mark and landed on Spencer’s forehead. Spencer picked it up, inspected it and ate it.

“He ate the last giant chocolate chip cookie. Wouldn’t even share it.”

“That’s because you ate all the others!” Ryan scoffed from where he was standing by William and Zack at the barbecue.

“I did not! Kenny, Pete and Patrick had one each!” Spencer yelled back.

Brendon, Jon and Gabe laughed. Spencer shot them a bad look and bit down on his lip to stop a smile. Brendon ruffled Spencer’s hair and settled in to eat the rest of his m&m’s.

The four of them stayed like that for a long time as other people came over to talk and wondered off again until someone started throwing a Frisbee around. It somehow turned into a piggy-in-the-middle type game. Jon and Gabe got out of there while they could, leaving Brendon and Spencer to barricade themselves with the empty chairs surrounding them in an attempt to not get hit in the head as the Frisbee sailed overhead or the get balled over by the people trying to catch it.

Off to the side Ryan stood laughing as Jon took photos of the entertainment. Ryan quickly stopped laughing though when William accidently threw the disk too hard sending it across the yard in the wrong direction missing Ryan, Jon and Dallon by about a meter before hitting the wall right next to the kitchen window.

Brendon glared from the chair fort. William smiled sheepishly and shuffled over to hide behind Gabe.

“Leave my poor defenceless house alone!” Brendon yelled.

“Defenceless my ass. If Ryan kicked the wall it would hurt his foot.” Spencer snickered as he ripped opened the pack of m&m’s he gave Brendon earlier.

“Ryan could have a feather land of his head and still get hurt.” Brendon laughed.

Spencer held his hand up for a high five, but before Brendon could hit their hands together there was a loud crack and one of the chairs got shoved to the side as the disc hit it and bounced off. Brendon and Spencer both blinked startled at Ryan who looked quite smug with himself.

“Well now we know the fort is effective rather than just stupid looking.” Spencer pointed out sounding impressed.

Brendon high fived Spencer for that and laughed as Ryan rolled his eyes. Spencer held out the pack of chocolate and tipped a bunch into Brendon’s hand. They both sat back watching the disc fly over their heads, until Pete managed to get it over the fence where the neighbour’s dog claimed it for itself.

“Oops.” Pete laughed looking over the fence. “Anyone bring another one?”

“Maybe we can use one of the plastic plates?” Kenny suggested.

“I think we should escape while we can,” Brendon said only loud enough for Spencer to hear. “If they start using plates we’ll be stuck here for hours.”

Spencer nodded and shoved one of the chairs out of the way as he made a quick dash towards the food tables. Brendon wasn’t as fast but made a speedy walk towards the back door where Ryan was standing. There was a loud cheer from behind him and Brendon turned to see at least five plastic plates fly across the back yard all at once.

“And most of them haven’t even started drinking yet. Tonight should be interesting.” Ryan commented with a smile. “I may have to go and get my own camera.”

Brendon looked over to where Jon was now by the back fence holding his camera to his face. The red light blinked on and off as photos was captured. He hoped that Jon gets a lot of photos of today that he can get copies off. He wants to remember as much of today as possible.

Both Brendon and Ryan stood where they were watching as plate after plate threw thought the air. One went up really high and wide, for a moment it looked like it was going to land back in the yard before a breeze pushed it slightly make it turn and landed on Brendon’s roof with a small clunk. It could be heard sliding down the tiles until it reached the gutter where it came to a stop.

“I’ll probably find that in a few years time.” Brendon rolled his eyes amused.

“Pete did promise to clean up.” Ryan smirked.

“I don’t have a ladder, Gabe and William will have to help him.”

Ryan laughed and turned walking towards the backdoor.

“I’m going to get my camera before I miss something worth taking photos of.”

Brendon watched as Ryan disappeared inside the house and after a few minutes of watching the plates fly Brendon followed. He had a feeling that eventually someone would probably get hurt, if all the plates don’t end up over the fences or on the roof beforehand.

As he stepped inside he noticed the kitchen benches covered in dishes and containers of food. Brendon hummed to himself as he opened the first container to see what’s inside, to find what’s left of one of the salads for lunch. He picked it up along with a few others and started piling them into the fridge, then started stacking the dirty dishes. Pete may have promised to clean up but he still organised all this, Brendon figured it was the least he could do to help.

When he finished puttering around, he looked out the window and groaned at what he saw. Pete and Gabe were standing by the fire pit with a lighter, stack of newspaper and a small can of motor oil. It looked like they were discussing the best way to start the bonfire. Brendon wasn’t sure if he should be amused or scared. He really hoped at least one of them knew what they were doing because Brendon liked his house a lot and would like to keep it intact.

Ryan walked up beside him and froze.

“You’ve got to be joking,” He said with a flat tone. “I brought them firelighters, why do they need motor oil?”

Brendon shrugged. Gabe picked up the can and said something to Pete who nodded, but before anything could happen Zack walked over to them. Brendon let out a sigh of relief.
“I think Zack just saved my house and everyone’s on the street.”

Ryan laughed and took a photo through the kitchen window. He then turned the camera on Brendon, who posed flickering his eyelashes. Ryan smiled before moving over to the pantry cupboard in search for something to eat.

Brendon reached up to scratch his head and his hand bumped into the cardboard crown he forgot was there. It pulled his hair a little as he removed it. Looking at it for a long moment, slowly turning it around in his hands he smiled. His name was done in glitter on the back next to some other writing that had been smudged at some point. Despite the fact it looked like a five year old made it, it was pretty awesome as far as Brendon was concerned.

He turned away from the kitchen window and placed the crown on top of the fridge where it will be safe. For the time being anyway. It wouldn’t surprise Brendon if it went missing in the next couple of hours, only to be found in some odd plate tomorrow morning. It also didn’t escape his notice to see that he had placed the crown on top of the small medical file that held most of his test results over the last six months.

As Brendon turned around, seeing Ryan chomping on what looked to be another cookie standing next to the kitchen table, he froze. It was almost impossible to think that ten or so months ago he was sitting at that table telling Spencer he had tumour in his leg, only hours after telling Ryan and not long before revealing the news to Jon. After everything that has happened, it felt so much longer than that and he was surprised by how much he remembered of it, how clear the image was in his head of their faces and reactions. It still was gut-wrenching.

In a way it was still hard to think he was in remission. That right now, as he stood in his kitchen with Ryan standing not two meters away, Spencer and Jon somewhere outside with everyone else, he was completely cancer free and having a party because of it. Just for him.

A huge amount of emotions weld up into his chest, threatening to burst out. For a first time in a long time it wasn’t all sad and hopeless feelings, but ones of happiness and joy. Brendon lost his breath for a moment from being overwhelmed. He looked away from the table to Ryan who was now watching him with a curious look.

“Can you do something for me?” Brendon asked softly.

“Sure.” Ryan tilted his head slightly.

“Can you get Spencer and Jon for me please?”

Ryan blinked and nodded. Brendon watched as he rounded the kitchen table and walked out the backdoor. He then looked out the back window where Zack was using firelighters to light the bonfire as Pete and Gabe frowned nearby. Zack was just starting to pile wood onto the flames he had going when the backdoor opened again.

Brendon smiled at the guys as they walked in. Without missing a beat Jon lifted his camera and took a picture.

“You wanted us?” Spencer asked as he closed the door behind them.

Brendon was sure he saw a plastic plate fly past before the door fully closed and decided to pretend he didn’t notice.

“Yeah.” Brendon waved them over to where he was standing in the kitchen area.

Spencer happened to be the closest so Brendon reached out and took his hand. He held his other hand out which Ryan took and held on tightly.

“Is there something wrong?” Jon asked starting to look worried.

Brendon let out a high laugh; even to his ears it sounded a little hysteric like he was shocked or overwhelmed.

“No, just...I was remembering everything that’s happened over the last year up until today. I think it’s finally sinking in that I’m in remission or something.” Brendon shook his head. “I just,”

Brendon cut himself off and looked around at the guys as he tried to figure out what he wanted to say, how he wanted to say it. He just wanted to hug them all and not let go for a while but that wouldn’t really put across what he needed to tell them. He figured they probably already know what he’s about to voice but it has to be said.

“The last year has been one fucked up rollercoaster ride and it would have to be the hardest thing I’ve ever had to go through in my life. I just wanted to say how much I love you guys and thank you for everything you’ve done for me, weather it was taking me to hospital visits, putting up with phone calls at random times during the night or looking after me when I was sick.“

Brendon could feel a tear run down his cheek and how his left hand was almost numb because of how tight Spencer was holding on.

“I don’t think I could have done this all without you guys. At least not be in the position of where I am now. Thank you so much.”

Brendon could barely finish the word ‘you’ before Jon had him wrapped up in a bone crushing hug. More arms wrapped around him from all directions as he buried his head into someone’s shoulder. He was sure he could feel someone’s wet cheek brush against his.

“You would have done the same for us.” Ryan whispered.

“Ohana means family,” Jon said holding on tighter.

Brendon let out a laugh and wiggled one of his hands that are now free around whoever he could reach. It was hard to tell where someone ended and the other began and Brendon wouldn’t have it any other way.

“We may not all still be in the same band together, but years ago we all said we were in this together, we still are, always will be.” Spencer said strongly. “No matter what.”

“Thank you.” Brendon whispered.

Just then the backdoor slid open with a bang, startling enough to make the four of them jump, but not let go of each other.

“Group hug!” Pete yelled.

Brendon laughed and let the happy tears slowly fall down his face as more people joined in.

If anyone was to ever ask Brendon, he would easily say with a beaming smile that he had the best family that anyone could ever ask for.
♠ ♠ ♠
Firstly, I'm sorry it took so long to post this. I went away, then was a little busy and then I kinda kept putting this off because I didn't want to end the story yet. It has to be one of my favourite things I have ever written, and well the longest being over 106 000 words(?!)

This story have been four years in the making for me, believe it or not. I started writing this in bits and pieces, on and off for about a year before I started to write it for real. That was when I had a couple of family members diagnosed with cancer, one of which passed away from it. When that happened I couldn't handle writing this and left it untouched for over a year. Then NaNoWriMo came up last year and for once I actually remembered it was on. After a lot of thinking I decided to give this story another go, for myself. I'm so happy I did and I'm happy I decided to actually post this here because for a while I didn't think that I would.

I'm mostly wanted to explain that because I want for those that read this story how much I appreciate that you took the time in doing so. This isn't the most personal thing I have written, but it comes close. So thank you all that took the time to read this over the last year, put up with my shitty spelling and other mistakes of the like, recommended, subscribed and commented. As I've said before it means a lot, even more so for this story, so thank you <3 I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it and didn't cry as much haha.

Epilogue will be up in a couple of days! :)