‹ Prequel: Die Romantic
Status: Active :D

Angel Eyes

Chapter 12

A few weeks had passed, it was now early October. Shiloh was still in a coma but her friends were visiting her everyday. WiL only ever left to eat and shower, he refused to leave for anything else. Jared was there almost as much as WiL was.
Shiloh always had fresh flowers at her bedside, Either Matt, Jared, or Andy would bring her flowers when the old ones died. Avenged refused to release the game until she woke up. Matt had promised her she would be the first one to play it, and he intended on keeping that promise.
Jared and Lindsay were now technically dating. Jared had finally warmed up to her and warmed up to the thought of someone other than Shiloh. Lindsay was helping Jared cope. Jared thought that she was a lot like Shiloh and was worried that she may feel like a replacement, luckily she didn't.
Lindsay was helping WiL too. They talked about things and came to terms that their relationship was fine until Trox came along. They were now friends which was great, this meant that WiL could see Phineas whenever he wanted.
However WiL hadn't seen Phineas since before he left for London. He didn't want Phineas to see Shiloh like this, he also didn't know how to explain to him what was wrong with Shiloh.
The bands had also done some donation shows. All the proceeds would go towards Shiloh's hospital bills. The hospital was charging outrageous amounts for her. The fans were great and so supportive. Matt, Andy, and Jared's bands all performed songs that were written with or for Shiloh.
Jared, Andy, and Matt all got a call from their managers a few days after their last donation show. Music awards were coming up and they were all nominated. Jared, Shannon, and Tomo weren't the happiest about it. They didn't like the idea of going and winning an award without Shiloh.
"WiL you should really go home and sleep." Andy said.
"Yea man, you barely sleep." Nick said. He had returned home from London a few days after WiL got back. Trox had stayed behind, neither WiL nor Nick had seen or heard from him since.
"I want to be here when she wakes up." WiL explained
"You know we will call you if she does." Andy said.
"I'm fine." WiL sighed. He was taking this all really hard. The more days that passed, the more it killed him. He didn't know if she would wake up, or when she would wake up.
The doctors had to them that she would remain on life support until WiL and Jared decided it was time to take her off. They laughed when the doctor said that. They were not even contemplating it.
Shiloh never gave up on any of them. Whenever they wanted to give up on an album, she pushed them to keep going. She supported them all through everything. They were most definitely not going to give up on her.
The doctors also said that any movement or noises was a great sign. If her fingers moved or if she made any small noises that was a sign she would wake up.
Cassie would come in every day to do Shiloh's hair and make up.
"She can do girly things whether she's asleep or awake." Cassie would always say.
Cassie was great at lifting everyone's spirits when she was there. She'd talk about her and Shiloh growing up and tell funny stories. Cassie was just plain crazy.
Jared and WiL were sitting on either side of Shiloh while Cassie was sitting on the couch in between Andy and Nick. Matt and Syn were sitting on another little couch to the opposite side.
"So you know our joke about the energizer bunny and how it keeps going and going?" Cassie asked.
"Yea. It's a sex joke isn't it?" Nick asked
Cassie's eyes bulged. "How did you know?"
Everyone laughed at her reaction. "I can read minds." Nick added
"Then what am I thinking about right now?"
"Sex."
"Oh you're good." Cassie giggled.
Everyone laughed even harder.
"So when's the awards?" WiL asked.
"The 12th." Jared said.
"You guys are all going right?" Cassie asked.
"We are." Matt said.
"Same here." Andy added.
"I don't know if we are." Jared said. "We just feel weird going without Shi. She's part of this band. We've accepted all our awards with her since she joined the band. We can't accept this one without her."
"Shi would want you guys to go." WiL said.
"Plus you guys are going to win anyway. You have to go." Syn added.
Jared sighed. "I'll talk to the guys about it."
"You guys are all going to win." Cassie said with a grin.
Bubba knocked on the door a moment later and stuck his head in. "WiL there's someone out here looking for you."
WiL looked confused. "Who?"
"He didn't say. Just that he needed to talk to you." Bubba said as he closed the door.
WiL and Nick looked at each other with a confused look.
"Do you think its?" Nick stopped.
WiL and Nick jumped up and rushed for the door. Bubba pointed to a guy wearing a hoodie.
"Can I help you?" WiL asked when he walked over to the man.
The man stood up and looked at WiL. "How is she?"
WiL was shocked. It was Trox.
"What the fuck are you doing here?" Nick growled.
"I just wanted to see if she was okay." Trox said with his hands in his pockets.
WiL chuckled. "You want to know if she's okay?"
Trox nodded.
WiL looked at Nick with a grin and proceeded to grab Trox by the arm and pull him to Shiloh's room. He opened Shiloh's door and pushed Trox in. Trox nearly fell tripping over himself.
Everyone turned to look at them.
"Look what you did!" WiL said angrily. "Does she look okay to you?"
Jared stood up and folded his arms. "This is the guy?"
WiL nodded. "The one and only."
"Look I don't want any trouble." Trox said.
Matt grabbed his arm and pulled him into the hall. "You gave yourself trouble just for showing up."
Jared, WiL, Syn, and Nick followed behind.
"Oh shit." Andy said and jumped up to follow.
"Wait." Cassie said in tow.
"This is your fault! You shouldn't have come here." WiL growled at Trox.
"I'm sorry. I'm trying to make up for it." Trox said as he backed himself into a wall.
"Make up for it?" Jared asked.
"That's fucking hilarious." Matt said and got in Trox's face.
"Hey man I don't have beef with you." Trox said nervously
"Oh yes you do. You fuck with her you fuck with all of us." Matt said and motioned to all the guys standing behind him.
Syn was ready for a fight. "She could die and it's because of you!"
"Guys tone it down." Andy said.
Jared shushed him. "Maybe we should take this outside."
"Wonderful idea." Matt said and pulled Trox outside.
"Maybe you guys could not kick my ass again?" Trox begged.
Matt looked at Syn. "What do you think?"
Syn scratched his head and looked at Trox. "I think you should pray that we don't kill you."
He swung and landed a nice hit straight to Trox's face.
"Guys come on. Think about Shiloh."
"We are!" Matt shouted as he through a punch.
"No you're not. You should be in there with her instead of out here doing this." Cassie said.
They ignored her and kept on beating Trox. She sighed and ran inside, Andy and Nick followed behind her. Jared and WiL stayed outside to watch.
Syn and Matt were taking turns hitting him. Syn grabbed Trox by the arms and held him up for Matt. Matt started punching him in the chest and stomach. The air rushed out of Trox's lungs and he started to cough. Syn let go and punched him a couple more times until he finally fell to the ground.
"Okay guys, you're done." Jared said.
Matt kicked him and turned. "Now I'm done."
Jared walked over to Trox and bent down to look at him. "My best friend and band mate is in the hospital because of you. If I ever see you again, I won't hesitate to kill you." Jared warned.
Trox groaned. "I'm sorry."
"You're sorry doesn't mean shit. Her life is on your head. If we lose her, you better fucking hide because we will all come after you." WiL said as they all turned to go inside.
A couple nurses rushed outside to tend to the very bloody Trox.
"You guys didn't need to do that." Andy said when they got back to Shiloh's room.
"Yes we did. She would have done the same thing." WiL said as he leaned down and kissed her forehead.
It was silent for a while after that.
"What do you think it's like?" Cassie asked.
"What?" Syn asked.
"Being in a coma. I mean, do you think she can hear us? Do you think it's like an out of body experience and she's standing here right now? Or do you think it's all black, like she trapped inside?"
"I don't even want to think about that." WiL said.
"It's intriguing." Nick said.
"I"ll ask her when she wakes up." Cassie said.
Jared chuckled and shook his head.
"At lease she looks peaceful." WiL said with a half smile.
"Yea." Jared said with the same smile.
"I hope she wakes up soon." WiL sighed.
"Me too." Jared said as he squeezed her hand.
Jared and WiL have had a lot of time to talk and warm up to each other. They had decided that they were both in Shiloh's life no matter what, and they both had to deal with it. She was never going to let either of them go.
Everyone left later that night. WiL of course stayed. He never left at night. He slept there on the tiny couch. Sometimes Jared or Matt would stay the night and keep him company. Tonight everyone wanted to go home and rest.
When Jared got home he called for a band meeting. They all met up downstairs in the kitchen and had dinner.
"So, I want to talk about the awards." Jared finally said. "WiL said we should go. He thinks Shiloh would want us to."
"I agree." Tomo said.
"I don't know bro. I don't think it's right to go without her." Shannon explained.
Jared nodded. "I feel the same way. But what are we going to do if she doesn't wake up? Just completely drop everything. I know she wouldn't want that."
"We gotta go for her. He have to stay strong. That's what she would want." Tomo said.
"We have a week to think about it." Jared said.
"Is everyone else going? Who's going to stay with her?" Shannon asked worriedly.
"Yes everyone else is going. WiL will stay with her like always."
"Irving thinks it's a good idea too. He said it would give the fans hope that she's okay." Tomo added.
"Plus the fans think she's just healing. They don't know that she's in a coma." Jared said.
Shannon nodded. "Okay let's go."
"Alright!" Jared said and high fived them both.
"Let's dedicate it to Shiloh." Tomo said.
Jared and Shannon smiled. "That's exactly what we will do." Jared said.
"Screw the teleprompter. We'll make our own speech." Shannon added.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You guys almost ready?" Jared shouted from downstairs.
"Yea." Tomo yelled from his bedroom.
The week had passed rather quickly and today was the awards. The guys were all getting dressed and ready to go. Jared was of course the first person to get ready. He put his hair in a pony tail and put on all black.
The bands had decided they were all going to wear black as a means for dedicating their awards to Shiloh. Luckily for these awards they didn't have to dress up to nice.
Jared was wearing a nice black button up shirt with black jeans and his black nikes. Shannon was wearing a black t shirt with black jeans, a black beanie, and his black nikes. Tomo was wearing virtually the same as Jared but without his hair in a pony tail.
Emma was waiting for them in the car. She would be driving them and escorting them down the red carpet. They made their way outside and to the car.
"Are we seeing Shiloh before or after?" Tomo asked.
"After." Jared said.
They headed to the giant mtv award building. The traffic was crazy. Between all the fans, celebrities, and paparazzi, it was nearly impossible to get through. Luckily the celebrities had their own parking to make it a little easier. They parked the car and made their way outside to the red carpet.
The guys didn't really like the red carpet, all the flashing cameras and screaming fans. Plus they could rarely stop for autographs. They had to keep walking so they wouldn't hold up the line of other celebs.
Today alone they would have over an estimated 500 pictures taken between fans and paps. They stopped to sign a few autographs and posed for the photographer. As usual they had to take some crazy posed pictures. That's just what they did.
Jared kept turning to look for Shiloh but realized every time that she wasn't there. This was really weird for him, weird for all of them for her not to be there sharing in the chaos.
Finally they made their way to the end of the red carpet and inside. They found their reserved seats that were somewhat close to the stage.
"Do you see any of the other guys?" Tomo asked as he looked around.
"Nope." Jared said.
There was over 2000 people there. They would be lucky if they found anyone they new. The celebrity seats were of course separated from the fans. The fans had the area right in front of the stage on all three sides and on the balconies so they wouldn't attack the celebs.
The room was very loud as everyone talked to each other. The guys kept to themselves while they waited for the show to start. Surprisingly word had spread and a lot of fans and other celebs were wearing black for Shiloh. It was mainly their fans and friends that were wearing black. It made Jared tear up.
Finally the show started. A quick intro played on the big screen behind the stage. The intro of course would tell them who the host was. After the intro the hostess made her way on stage. Nicki Minaj was the hostess.
"Hello everyone! Welcome to this years award show!"
The crowd cheered.
"Tonight we will be giving out many awards and have the pleasure of seeing some amazing performances. Are you guys ready to get it started?"
The crowd cheered some more. They handed out about ten awards and then had a performance. Imagine Dragons were the first to perform. After they performed they had more awards.
"For this years best alternative." Nicki said.
The list of nominees played on the screen behind her.
"And the winner is. 30 Seconds to Mars!"
The crowd cheered and the band made their way to the stage.
"Wow." Jared said as he picked up the award.
"Well for starters we would like to thank the Echelon!" Tomo said.
"We'd also like to dedicate this award to someone very special to us." Shannon added.
"We'd like to dedicate this to our guitarist Shiloh. Unfortunately she can not be here today but she is here with us in our hearts." Jared said with a tear.
"Without her we wouldn't be here today. She pushes us everyday, keeps us going, and keeps us strong." Tomo said.
"She is our biggest supporter and our biggest fan. We are so grateful for her." Shannon said.
Jared held up the award. "Shiloh, this one is for you!"
The crowd cheered as they made their way back to their seats.
More awards were given out and then a performance by All Time Low.
"For this years most dedicated fans, the award goes to Black Veil Brides!"
The band made their way to the stage as the crowd cheered. They too were wearing all black for Shiloh, except Andy was wearing one of Shiloh's black band ts. It had her name and a cool design on it.
"Well obviously we have to thank the fans for this one." Andy said. "But we too would like to dedicate this award to Shiloh. She's apart of this band, this family too. She is our biggest supporter as well. Just like her band she keeps us going, she doesn't let us give up and she supports all of our ideas and choices. We are very thankful to have known her and to have had her in our lives."
"Shiloh this one is for you!" Ashley said as he held up the award.
The crowd cheered louder as the guys sat back down.
"Best new album goes to Avenged Sevenfold!"
The crowd was cheering louder than any of the other awards. Avenged as well was wearing all black.
"Thanks everyone." Matt said. "If you guys haven't noticed, we are wearing all black for Shiloh."
"Shiloh is our best friend. She helped us with this album, past albums, and our new game as well. She's like our little sister." Syn said.
"We wish she could be here today. But we are not going to give up on her. She's never given up on us, or any of her other friends for that matter. All she does is support each and every one of is in what we do. She keeps us all sane." Zacky said with a smile.
"It was hard for me to join this band, taking the place of Jimmy. I'll never be as good as him, but Shiloh welcomed me with open arms and she proves to me everyday, that whether I'm as good as Jimmy or not, I'm part of this family now. So we would like to dedicate this award to the amazing late drummer of this band, Jimmy the Rev Sullivan, and to our best friend Shiloh." Arin said.
"Shiloh, Jimmy, we love you both very much. This is for you guys." Johnny said also with a tear in his eye.
Syn held the award up and the crowd went crazy. They continued to cheer even as the band sat down and as the hostess came on stage. She waited for them to quiet down before speaking.
"This award goes to this years metal, hardrock, scream king. Rob Zombie!"
"You know, this here, all of us here. This is a community. This is a family. This isn't just about music, not just about art or self expression. This is about our lives, this is our lives. This is our religion, this is who we are. When one of us goes, we aren't losing just a friend, we are losing a family member, we are losing an amazing artist. Whether we know them personally or not, we are still losing part of this inspirational family. That is why I too am dedicating this award to Shiloh Craven, her band, Jimmy Sullivan, his band, and all of the other amazing members of this family that we have lost through time. We love you all, and you continue to be an inspiration to each an every one of us."
Jared stood up and clapped, Shannon, Tomo, BVB, and Avenged followed behind and shortly after everyone was standing and cheering.
The bands met up with Rob during intermission and thanked him for his kind words. That was the best speech they had heard all night. The bands left after speaking with him. They didn't want to stay for the rest of the show. They all headed for the hospital.
"We won!" Shannon said excitedly when they got to Shiloh's room.
"Congrats!" WiL said and hugged them all.
Jared, Syn, and Andy put the awards on the table next to Shiloh's flowers.
"Man you should have seen it. We all dedicated our awards to Shiloh and then Rob fucking Zombie said the most incredible speech about Shiloh and Jimmy. It was beautiful." Andy said.
"Holy shit." WiL said.
"Shiloh would be so happy." Matt said.
Jared smiled and directed his attention to Shiloh and WiL. "Anything new?"
WiL shook his head.
Jared sighed. "Wish you could have been there Shi."
Shannon put an arm around his brother.
"We love you Shi. Wake up soon." Tomo said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay, I'm experiencing some bad writers block. Chapter 13 will be up soon.
Thanks for reading, hope you liked that chapter. Make sure you read Dancing dead and Die Romantic if you haven't already. xoxo