‹ Prequel: Die Romantic
Status: Active :D

Angel Eyes

Chapter 13

Another week passed. The more weeks that passed the more everyone grew more saddened. WiL still refused to leave her bedside. Phineas did come to visit with Lindsay. He had been asking questions as to why WiL and Shiloh weren't there anymore. WiL didn't want him to feel abandoned.
Everyone still visited every day and brought her fresh flowers. They had begun to bring games with them to help the time pass. They had card games and board games, they even had an xbox hooked up to the tv. Whenever Matt would win a game he would joke that it was nice winning for once since Shiloh always beat him.
"She kicks your ass every time." Syn joked.
"Shut up." Matt said as he slugged Syn in the arm.
"Ow." Syn pouted.
Matt laughed. "I'm going to go on a lunch run. Who wants to come?"
Cassie and Syn volunteered, leaving Nick, Jared, and WiL with Shiloh.
"I remember when we found out last year that they listened to our music." Nick said from the couch.
"I know, that was crazy." WiL replied.
"What happened?" Jared asked.
"So last year when we were on tour, when we got to Salt Lake we went to Cassie's house. She had a couple of books filled with pictures of her and Shiloh at different concerts they went to. In the book there was a picture of each of us with them." Nick explained.
"Oh wow." Jared said.
"Yea there was one of-" WiL stopped and looked at Shiloh. "Shiloh?"
"What? What's wrong?" Jared asked worriedly
"I swear to god she just moved her fingers." WiL said excitedly.
Jared stood up and put his hand on her head. "Shiloh?"
Nick made his way to the end of her bed. "Is she waking up?"
"I don't know." Jared replied. He looked at the monitor with her heart rate to see if anything had changed. "WiL are you sure?"
"Yes. I swear her fingers moved while I was holding her hand." WiL explained.
They stood and watched her for a moment.
"Come on Shi." WiL said. "Wake up."
Jared sat back down. "You were just imagining it."
WiL sighed. "No I wasn't."
"Maybe her fingers did move. She's going to wake up, just not right away." Nick said with a smile.
Jared looked at WiL. "WiL it was just a fluke."
"No it wasn't! Why are you so quick to say that?" WiL was getting irritated.
"WiL I'm just sa-" Jared stopped when Nick interrupted him.
"Guys look." Nick said.
Jared and WiL looked over at Shiloh. Her eyelids were fluttering.
"Holy shit." Jared said as he stood back up.
"Go get the doctor." WiL said to Nick.
Nick ran out of the room and into the hallway.
"Shiloh?" WiL said happily.
He eyes slowly opened. She blinked a few times, adjusting to the lighting.
WiL and Jared were both smiling with tears in their eyes. They were so happy she was awake.
"You're back." Jared said with a smile.
The doctor walked in a moment later. "Okay go wait in the waiting room."
"What? Why?" Jared asked.
"It's protocol. Go on." He said as he walked over to Shiloh. A couple of nurses gently pushed WiL and Jared out of the room.
"Hello Shiloh, I'm Dr. Smith. I need you to not move and stay calm while we remove your breathing and feeding tube okay."
Shiloh didn't say anything, she just nodded.
"Good girl." Dr. Smith said after the nurses removed the tubes.
He turned off the machines that were keeping her alive and turned on the normal ones. He took note of her vitals and then sat down in the chair next to her bed.
"I need to ask you a few questions." He said. 'What is your date of birth?" He asked after she didn't answer.
She cleared her throat and tried to talk. He voice was raspy and cracked a lot.
"September 14th."
The doctor nodded and a nurse handed her some water. She drank it down quick and cleared her throat again.
"What state do you live in?"
"California."
"How long have you lived here?"
"Five years."
"What's the name of your band?"
"Thirty Seconds to Mars."
"Good. Now what's the last thing you remember?"
Shiloh was quiet for a moment. "Driving home. Talking to Jared."
The doctor nodded.
"What happened?"
The doctor cleared his throat. "You were in an accident. A truck driver going the opposite way hit you. His brakes went out. He couldn't stop." The doctor explained. "Shiloh you have been in a coma for a month."
She began to cry. "Oh my god."
"I'm sorry Shiloh."
She moved her hands to her stomach.
The doctor nodded and she cried harder.
"I'll give you a moment." He said as he stood up.
"I don't want any visitors." She said as he opened the door.
He nodded and closed the door behind him.
The guys jumped up when he walked out.
"I'm sorry but she said she doesn't want any visitors." The doctor informed them.
"What?" Jared asked.
"She's upset, she needs time." Dr. Smith explained.
"She needs me." WiL said angrily.
"I'm sorry. Now that she's awake we have to do as she asks, which means no visitors until she says so. We will call you when she changes her mind."
"Fuck." WiL said as he sat down.
Jared sat down next to him. "I don't understand."
"Neither do I."
They sat in silence and waited for the guys and Cassie to return.
"What are you guys doing out here?" Matt asked.
"She's awake." Jared said.
"No fucking way?" Syn asked and walked to the door.
"She doesn't want any visitors." WiL quickly added.
"What?" Cassie asked.
"She's upset. Doc says she needs time." Jared said with sadness in his voice.
"I can't believe this." Matt said and sat down.
"He said he'd call us when she wants visitors." WiL said.
"So what now? We just leave?" Cassie asked.
"I guess so." Jared said and stood up. "WiL you can come over if you want."
He nodded. "I think I'll just go home and get some sleep."
The doctor walked back over a moment later. He had some tests he had to run to find out when Shiloh could go home.
"Hey can you tell her Matt and Syn are here?" Matt said.
"I'll tell her but I can't guarantee she'll agree to see you." He said as he walked inside.
Shiloh was sitting up staring out the window.
"Matt and Syn are outside. They really want to see you." Dr. Smith said.
Shiloh nodded. "I know. But I don't feel like talking to anyone."
He nodded. "I just need to do some quick tests. Then I'll be able to tell you how soon you can go home."
"Okay."
"Follow my finger." He said as he shown a flashlight in her eyes. She followed it.
"Very good." He said when he was done. He pressed lightly on the left side of her head. "Any pain?"
"No." She said.
"Good. Lift up your left arm for me." She did so. "Any pain there?"
She shook her head.
"That's great. What about your left side at all?"
"No." She sighed. She didn't like all the questions.
"Good. Do you want to try and walk today or do you want to save that for tomorrow?"
"Anything to get me out of here." She said with a fake smile.
The doctor laughed at laughed. "Okay I'll be right back. You can eat first and then we'll get to walking."
She nodded as the doctor left the room. He informed her friends that she didn't want to see anyone and they all left.
A nurse came in a few minutes later with some lunch for Shiloh.
"If you have no problems eating that will help get you released." The nurse informed her. She had no problems eating. When she was done eating the nurse helped her out of bed so she could walk.
She was pretty weak so it took a minute for her to gain her balance. She had no problems walking, just really weak from being in a coma for a month.
"You're doing great. You should be able to leave soon." The doctor said.
"How soon?"
"A day, maybe two. We definitely have to monitor you over night. I would recommend letting at least one of your friends visit. We need you to be stable both physically and mentally before we can release you." The doctor informed her.
"What do you mean? If I'm depressed I have to stay here?" She asked.
"No. But it definitely makes it hard to release you sooner. You get some rest. I'll be in in the morning." He said as he left the room.
It had been a long day for Shiloh. So many questions to answer and so many tests to do. She was happy to get some sleep. She hoped she would be able to leave tomorrow.
Shiloh woke up the next morning to a nurse bringing in her breakfast.
"Morning." The nurse said.
Shiloh smiled and thanked her for the breakfast.
"How are you feeling today?" The doctor asked when he came in a few hours later.
"Like I can go home." Shiloh said sarcastically.
He laughed at that. "Good news, you can leave soon."
Shiloh sighed. "You said that yesterday."
"I know. I can't promise you anything. Not today for sure. It's looking hopeful for tomorrow though."
Shiloh nodded. "Is my stuff here? I want to call a friend."
"You can use that phone right there." The doctor said as he pointed to a phone by her bed.
Shiloh nodded and called Cassie. If she has to have a visitor it might as well be her best friend. Cassie was so happy to get a call from Shiloh. She rushed to the hospital and probably broke about ten traffic laws.
"Hey!" Cassie said excitedly when she got there.
"Hey." Shiloh said with a smile.
"How are you feeling?"
"I'm as good as I can be considering the circumstances."
Cassie gave her a hug. "I'm so sorry hun."
Shiloh teared up a little.
"When can you come home?"
"I don't know. Hopefully tomorrow."
"That would be nice. How come you don't want any visitors?"
Shiloh sighed. "I just need time. I need to think."
"I know. But you could use some friends to help you." Cassie explained.
"That's why I called you. I just need some time to myself is all."
Cassie nodded. "Well we are all here for you. Especially WiL. He's pretty upset you know."
"Yea so am I Cassie. He's the one who cheated."
"Because of Trox. Trox drugged him and got him drunk. Matt and Syn kicked his ass by the way." Cassie said with a laugh.
Shiloh smiled. "That doesn't change anything. It still happened. Everything happened. I lost." She stopped.
Cassie looked down. "You would have been a great mother."
Shiloh sighed.
They were quiet for a moment.
"I need to write my last songs." Shiloh finally said.
"Don't worry about the album Shi. The record gave you enough time to do it. You have to relax."
"I need to finish it Cassie. For me. You know I have to finish what I started."
"You're a workaholic."
"Yea I know. I want to write them before I forget."
"You'd rather write some songs then talk to your friends? Keep in mind the friends that were here at your bedside all day everyday."
"Cassie it's not like that. I just need time, I need to think, get my head on straight. Finishing the album is going to help." Shiloh explained.
"I think your friends would help more than anything." Cassie argued.
"Can you please just accept that I don't want to see anyone? If you have a problem with that then you can leave."
"Fine I will." Cassie stood up.
"Seriously Cassie?"
"Yes. I'm sorry but it's stupid that you would rather work than be with the people who were scared shitless that they were going to lose you."
"I'm sorry Cassie."
"Whatever. Call me when you actually have time for friends."
"You're over reacting!" Shiloh shouted after Cassie.
She ignored her and left.
************************************************************************
"Has anyone heard from her?" WiL asked when he got to the band house.
"No." Shannon said.
"Well Cassie got a call from her earlier asking her to go visit. Andy called me to let me know." Jared said.
"Seriously?" WiL asked.
Tomo nodded.
WiL sighed and sat on the couch. "This fucking sucks."
Jared's phone rang a moment later and he went into the kitchen to answer it.
"I'm sure she'll call soon." Tomo said.
"I doubt it." Shannon said.
"Hey don't be so negative." Tomo said.
"I'm sorry. I'm just worried about her." Shannon said.
"We all are." WiL said.
Jared walked back out. "Cassie just called. She went to visit Shiloh. They got in a fight so Cassie left."
"Did she say how Shiloh's doing?" WiL asked.
'She's fine considering the circumstances. I guess she wants to finish the album which is why they got in the fight."
"She'd rather finish the album then see us?" Shannon asked.
Jared shrugged. "I guess so. That's why they got in the fight."
"She's probably just pissed at me." WiL said.
"Guys calm down. She just found out she was in a coma and lost her baby. She needs some time." Tomo said.
"Cassie also said she may be released tomorrow." Jared added.
"That's great!" WiL said excitedly.
"So I'm sure she'll call one of us tomorrow. We all just need to stay calm." Tomo said with a smile.
"What if she still doesn't want to see me?" WiL asked.
He was really worried that Shiloh was mad at him. He was worried that she would want a divorce. He loved her so much and regretted everything that happened in London.
"She just needs time WiL. She loves you. She'll come around. You just have to be patient." Jared said.
WiL nodded. He hung out there for a few hours then headed home. He had started working on Phineas' bedroom and wanted to get it finished. That was kind of his way of coping.
A couple more days had passed and Shiloh still hadn't been released. They had noticed she still had slight head trauma and wanted to get it taken care of. They prescribed her some pain meds. They didn't want her to be weak when they released her so they waited for her to be able to walk better as well.
Finally they decided she was well enough so they were releasing her. She had forms she had to fill out before she could go. The hospital gave her some new clothes to wear. Her clothes were torn up, covered in blood, and super dirty. She also had to pickup her prescription from their small pharmacy and find a ride first.
She wasn't sure who to call to pick her up. She didn't want to call WiL, she honestly didn't want to see him. She was still mad at Cassie so she didn't want to call her either. She wasn't sure if she even wanted to stay at the band house. She just wanted to keep to herself and finish the album.
She pulled out her phone and started dialing.
"Hello?" A male voice answered.
"Hey. Can you come pick me up?" Shiloh asked.
"Hell yea. I'll be there in a few minutes."
"Thanks. See you soon." She hung up after that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading. Sorry this chapter wasn't as good, still going through writers block.
Chapter 14 may be delayed until I can come up with some filler ideas.
Hope you liked it tho, thank you so much for reading. xoxo