Status: My heart is like a new puppy. It has his freedom to explore, but rather stay close and be protected by you.

The Echo in My Head

Chapter Nine

I had broken my wrist and had a major bruise on my shoulder. According to the cute male doctor that was married, if I would've fell harder then it would have been dislocated or broken completely. He made me laugh when he tried to explain the shoulder cast. He groaned before mumbling that I was immature and leaving the room. Soon after another doctor came in {His mentee} and said that it was okay for me to leave.

He was cute also. I ended up talking to him for a minute.

"Look,..."

"Kitty. My name is Kitty."

"Okay Kitty. You're a pretty girl and all, but I don't think you're my type."

"Why do you say that?" I asked slightly offended.

"Well for one you came here with a bruised shoulder and a broken wrist. Not to mention he fading cuts on your arms and that cute above your eyebrow. You came here with a bunch of kids, I mean young adults that look seriously messed up. Like they belong in an asylum some where. You are the only normal looking one in the bunch if I'm honest. Then on top of that mess your boyfriend is drunk. We can always tell which one is the boyfriend in these kind of situations. Now I say you're not my type because if you allow a nothing of a guy to put his hands on you then you truly don't love yourself. I feel sorry for you."

"Okay now that you've said that it's my turn." I started. For some reason him talking about the gang was irritating me, but not as much as him talking about me and Echo. He knew absolutely nothing about us. "First of all, Echo didn't do this to me. Hell he's not even my boyfriend. Sometimes accidents do happen. Second of all, I'm just as messed up as they are. We're friends for a reason. Birds of a feather and what not. Lastly, you're right I don't love myself, but it's not because I let some nothing of a guy put his hands on me. In my opinion, you medical students are so full of yourselves and need to realize that just because you are where you are doesn't mean that you know everything. You only know what they taught you. It doesn't take a genius to know that my friends and I have all been through something that we're not to sure how to handle. Nor prince or toad can be judge on the outside alone. Get to know them personally and include what's on the inside. Just because the prince is handsome doesn't mean he is kind and just because the toad is ugly doesn't mean that he is mean. For judging a book by it's cover is always misleading. The drunken kid taught me that."

With that said I walked out the room into the waiting area and left with my friends. I looked at Echo he didn't look to good. Maybe it was time that I sat down and talked to him.

2 weeks later


The past two weeks, felt like I was losing my father all over again. Echo hadn't been to school and he wasn't answering the phone for any of us. I was worrying far more than I was use to worrying about anyone that isn't family. It was lunch and all of us was sitting together. The guys had just went to the vending machines to get some snacks. We have really bad eating habits.

"Relax Kitty. I'm sure we'll hear from him soon."

"I know Caramel, but I can't help it. I feel like it's my fault somehow."

"How did you get to the conclusion."

"Well the last time we saw him was the day that I fell and broke my wrist. I think he thinks that it's his fault and now he's avoiding me."

"Why Kitty? What are you keeping from us?" I sighed before going into details of everything that happened. Including the weirdness he was displaying that day. I admitted that I thought he was drinking because of me, but at the doctor I seen the melancholic look on his face. I knew it was deeper than that. I also told her about the kiss and how even though I wanted to I freaked out. I freaked out because I didn't know if I could handle it. When I was finished she didn't say anything to me. She just pointed behind me. I turned around to see Echo. I got up and hugged him tightly. It was at this point that I realized exactly how much I missed him.
"I think it's time we have a heart to heart." he whispered in my ear.

"All of us, or just us two."

"I think it'll be better if everyone was there. Since it's Friday we can wait till after." I nodded my head okay as he sat down in my chair and I sat on his lap. When the guys returned Caramel went and sat on Blaze's lap. I just knew she was explaining to him what I had told her. All too soon lunch was over and I didn't want to leave the comfort of our group of damaged misfits. I knew after today nothing would be the same between us. Of course we knew things, but we didn't know the details of those things. Tonight we were getting those dreadful details.
♠ ♠ ♠
She took up for Echo...yay. For the readers that think the story is too heavy. There are only about 2 or 3 more chapters like that. Soon enough it will get lighter. Thanks and enjoy. Comment, recommend and subscribe.