Status: My heart is like a new puppy. It has his freedom to explore, but rather stay close and be protected by you.

The Echo in My Head

Chapter Twelve

I sat there looking at my friends. I felt so much understanding and love coming from them. I knew if i lost them I couldn't handle it. I began wondering if they felt the same about losing me? I like to belive they did. With a sigh I grabbed my razor out of the hidden pocket in my bag. I knew what i wanted to do with it. For so long it had been my healer. For so long I ran to it when I was in desperate need to stop the pain.

For so long it had been my bestfriend. It might've only been four months, but it felt longer. I could see Echo watching me curiously. He had so much concern in his eyes. Slowly, one by one, they all looked at me and noticed the razor in my hand. It felt weird holding it while they were all staring at me. With a deep breath I let the razor kiss my wrist for the same last time. It felt so relieving, so freeing, knowing that this was going to be the last time. I felt as a pair of arms wrapped around me.

"Why did you do that?"

"I wanted to know if this was real. That despite whatever happenes or have happened you guys would still love me."

"Of course we would Kitty."started Echo. "No one will love someone who can't or has forgotten how to love themselves. Eveb the most abused, broken and/or defeated in all ways imaginable deserve love. No matter what we do, did or have done, we all need someone to love. Kitty we all hurt, but continue to love us and we will continue to love you."

Tears came to my eyes. The last person to say that to me was my father. Maybe meeting them was exactly what i needed.

"My daddy use to say the same thing to me. If you guys are willing to love me, I guess I can do the same." I smiled as Echo hugged me tighter. That night we spent it talking. Not as deep as earlier's cnversation, but still getting to know each other just a little better. That night I did something I never thought I would do, I threw away my razor. After all I didn't need it anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
super short. Sorry.