Status: My heart is like a new puppy. It has his freedom to explore, but rather stay close and be protected by you.

The Echo in My Head

Chapter Fifteen

Dear Momma, Daddy and Bryan
I want to thank you. Thank you for making me a stronger person. Because of you I am stronger and better than I ever imagined. I will strive to be better than what you try to make me think I was. I will strive to make more than a little over chicken shit. I will treat whoever I'm with like a King and make sure he treats me like a Queen. I will treat my kids like fragile glasses and make sure nothing ever breaks them. I will be the complete opposite of all of you. But I thank you. I thank you for showing me exactly how ugly someone can get. I've found friends. Friends who won't hurt me. Friends who have proved that they care for me more than any of you ever could. I am no longer any of yours punching bag. I'm not Alice Anne of Annie anymore. I am Caramel. With beautiful exotic skin and I refuse to let either of you put another bruise on it. I am beautiful with or without make-up. I know that now and I won't let either of you change my opinion ever again.
Sincerely,
Caramel


P.S. I will not continue to be a lost cause.