Status: My heart is like a new puppy. It has his freedom to explore, but rather stay close and be protected by you.

The Echo in My Head

Chapter Twenty

So a little over a month after our big confessions things seemed to be the same. Only difference was when we got high it was because we wanted too and not because we needed to. We cut out the hard stuff like Acid. When we got drunk, we set limitations so that we wouldn't have a re-enactment of when I broke my wrist. Blaze and Caramel seemed to be getting closer romantically. Blaze and Dawson moved in with Echo to help him pay the rent. Apparently Dawson has been homeless for the past year. Since he left the group home. Dawson was just happy to have a get-a-way.

I never knew that. I mean yes he use to switch between Blaze and my house, but I never expected that he was homeless. Kyle is slowly coming out of his shell. He still hasn't said as much as he did the day of the confessions. He's a process, but we love him. Grayson is smiling more. He looks a lot less scarier that way. He's bringing his sister by for thanksgiving so that we can all meet her. Thanksgiving will be held at Echo's apartment.

Echo is so much better now. I know his past is still haunting him, but he's trying. As for me. I still have my nightmares occasionally and my mother still hates me. I've basically moved in with Echo them also. Anyways after careful consideration we all decided that it was best that we have Thanksgiving dinner at Echo's apartment were we felt safe and at peace. Which is why Caramel and I are standing here cooking over an hot stove everything we can think of.

"Why aren't the guys helping us? How did they end up tricking us into doing this into doing this anyways?"

"We doing it because we wanted to. Besides, Kyle said he'd come over later and help us."

"Kitty, you're so gullible sometimes." laughed Caramel. I shook my head as I pushed her and went back to stirring the cake batter. It was a day before Thanksgiving and we were basically done. We just had the desserts left. Tomorrow all we had to do was reheat everything, set the table, decorate and sit down to eat. After everything was put away and the cakes and pies were covered and also put away, we all gathered in the front of the apartment for a movie night. I was worried about Caramel, she'd been a bit moody lately and getting sick every now and then.

I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one that noticed. I mean if you're sitting with a bunch of friends doing the same things as usual and you decide to be different for the night, we're going to notice. Even now, while we're all sitting here watching t.v and she's cuddled up with Blaze I know something is wrong. She looks lost and misplaced. That was it. Instead of pulling her aside I turned off the movie and stared at her. She looked at me.

"What is going on with you Caramel? You have me worried sick about you."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh really Caramel, you've been detached for weeks. And now it's worst. Why won't you tell me what's wrong?"

"Because there is nothing wrong Kitty. Damn! I liked it better when you were closed off, why can't you go back to being like that." I was taken aback. The impact of her words hurt me in a way that was indescribable. I said nothing. Instead I got up and walked to Echo's room. I sat on his bed and brought my knees up to my chest. I couldn't believe she had just said that to me. Again the pain began to overwhelm me. Images were flashing in my head at rapid speed. I was just learning to deal with it, having it come at me all at once like this was too much. I couldn't handle it.
Slowly my air waves seemed to cave in on themselves. It was getting harder and harder to breathe. The air seemed to change. The room seemed to spin. I was breathing through both my mouth and my nose. The scent went from unfamiliar to familiar in a matter of seconds. I could smell Echo's scent again. I could feel Echo's masculine arms wrapped around me whispering things in my ear. When I was calm enough he turned me towards him.

"She didn't mean it Kitty."

"I know, it's just I still can't deal with the memories."

"I know. I also know a way to cheer you up." he said pulling me up against my will. I laughed as she dragged me back towards the front of the apartment. I hug Caramel and she apologize and swore to tell me what was wrong later. I told her not to worry about it, but she insisted on it. She also didn't have any kind of idea what was about to happen, but she did tell me that Grayson and Kyle had just shown up. I laughed at her as we sat down on the couch and What does the Fox say? began playing. I couldn't believe it. They had actually perform a song and dance routine. They looked like they were having the time of their lives.

"We were planning to do that tomorrow, but it seemed to be needed right now." explained Echo after they were done.

"It was great. Thanks." I replied hugging all them a minute over too long. It was getting late. Well not really, but we all had to get up early. Echo was giving Caramel and i his room so that we could sleep separate from them. I highly doubted they were going to sleep. After saying goodnight to the guys and changing into our pajamas we laid down in Echo's bed.

"Kitty I really am sorry about what I said. I didn't mean it at all."

"I know Caramel. It's completely fine."

"No it's not. I know what you're dealing with and I should've been more considerate with your feelings. Just because I'm going through something doesn't mean that I have the right to take it out on you."

"What are you going through Caramel? If it's making you act like this maybe I can help."

"I'm pregnant Kitty. By that asshole Bryan."

"When did you find out?"

"The day of the confessions. That's why he was at the school that day. He doesn't want the kid and I wouldn't agree to an abortion. He tried to make me have a miscarriage."

"How far along are you?"

"Almost two months. Kitty, I want to have this baby, but I can't do this alone. I don't have family that will help me. And..."

"Stop Caramel. You don't have to do it alone. You do have family. You have us. We will help you with no problem. You will graduate with us and you will live with me. We love you. It's time to stop thinking that you're alone. You're not. Remember you're my Caramel, I got you. I gave you that nickname for a reason. You're my bestfriend."

"I love you too Kitty. Now come on let's go to sleep. We've got a big day tomorrow." I hugged her and as soon as we laid down the guys came in with blankets and pillows. They said it was easier to fall asleep knowing that we were safe. I laughed as I laid down next to Caramel. This was how it was suppose to be. Surrounded by people who cared about one another.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is crappy-fillerish, but it's something to read. I enjoyed this chapter it was really sweet. Next one will be in Echo's p.o.v.