Status: My heart is like a new puppy. It has his freedom to explore, but rather stay close and be protected by you.

The Echo in My Head

Chapter Twenty-two

Please let her be okay. Please let her be okay. I kept repeating the words to myself. I couldn't think of nothing else. I just wanted Caramel to be okay. This along with my morning with my hateful mother and grandma, I just couldn't take it. It was all too much. Currently my face was buried in Blaze's chest as I cried. All I know is that one minute I was being called various kinds of whores and disgraces and the next I'm the car with Echo cause Blaze said we had to hurry and get to the hospital. It was an emergency. Now we're waiting to hear from the doctor.

"What happened?" yelled Kyle running down the hall towards us.
You could hear the concern in his voice. I wanted to know as much as everyone else. Blaze wanted to wait until we were all together. So far we had only been waiting on Kyle. Blaze was banged up. Not bad, but to the point where it was noticeable. He had bruises around his ribs and a few cuts on his face. It made me realize some of what was going on, but it stopped everyone else in their tracks. Immediately Kyle began shaking his head back and forth.

"Since everyone is here now, I think I should tell you what happened. We were in the car just sitting there and chilling. Then she got a phone call and it upset her. They were yelling and she was crying. Apparently her parents found the letter she wrote. Remember those. Anyways, their last words to her was you're better off dead. That broke her heart. I told her that she was better off without them. She wrapped her arms around my neck and just hugged me as she cried. I suggested that she let me drive us to get ice-cream and she agreed. We drove off. About two blocks from where we originally was I noticed this car following us. It was Caramel that seen who it was. Bryan.

I said nothing and neither did she. I could tell she was scared, but I wanted to remain calm so that she wouldn't go crazy. Another two blocks and I he began to try and run us off the road, still I said nothing. I kept driving like I didn't even notice him. Finally, we pulled up to ice-cream parlor and I have never been more excited to see a cop car than I was then. I park the car and just as I turned the engine off he slammed into us. At full speed and intentionally. He never slowed down and he didn't care about the cop car. Anyways, the force of the impact sent the car moving forward. We hit a pole. They release me around the same time I sent out the texts. I only have some bruising around my ribs and obviously my face.

Caramel on the other hand...Caramel is-" again he broke down crying not able to finish is sentence. Just as he sat the down the doctor came up to us.

"Can I speak to the parents of Mrs.Alice Anne? Or any family member here?"

"No disrespect mister, but we are Alice's family. Not by blood, but by heart. She trusts us with everything. They don't even care about her. Can we see her?" asked Blaze. I leaned into him to keep him upright and steady on his feet.

"Look kids I can appreciate that, but do to the crash she had a lot of internal bleeding. We tried to stop it, but it was too late. She had already lost the fetus." I could feel as Echo's arm wrapped around me from behind. I knew I was close to collapsing on my knees. "Due to the miscarriage she began to bleed more. We tried everything we could. I'm sorry to tell you, but she didn't make it. I offer my condolences."

As the doctor walked away it was completely silent. The words ran through my mind rapidly. She's dead. She's dead. She's dead. Before I knew it a sound like no other came bursting from my lungs.

"No! It's a lie! It's a lie! She's not, S-She's not dead. She can't be dead!" It was then that the tears began to fall down. Grayson and Dawson was trying to keep Blaze standing upright. Echo's arms were wrapped around me as we both sat on the floor. Kyle was in the corner with his knees pulled up to his chest shaking his head back and forth saying no. No matter what we did, it didn't change the fact that Caramel was dead and so was her baby. I don't know if we can survive this one.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for not updating sooner, but I hope this was worth. I actually almost cried writing this. I'm really attached to these characters. I hope this was worth this wait. Sorry if you hate me now.