Status: My heart is like a new puppy. It has his freedom to explore, but rather stay close and be protected by you.

The Echo in My Head

Chapter Twenty-eight

"How old is your baby?" I asked her as she handed me the bottle.
"About two days. I was released from the hospital earlier today only to find that I had no place to go and was a disgrace to my family. I ran into Kyle over there and he said that I could take a nap here."
That shocked me. I looked over at Kyle and smiled as his faces noticeably heated up.
"I didn't lie Kitty, I just exaggerated a bit."he laughed. "I'm sorry, I really wanted to and they dared me."
"Dude, not cool."laughed Grayson.
"If I get busted so are you all."
They all laughed as Shakia stared at us with a confused expression on her face.
"These assholes tricked me into kissing all of them yesterday. Just for that y'all better order out tonight." They all smacked their lips and uttered a few swears. "Your punishment, take it. Anyways Shakia tell us a little bit about yourself."
"Well I'm seventeen, and obviously I got pregnant young. What's crazy is that the guy that impregnated me wanted nothing to do with me because his girlfriend was also pregnant. I know it sounds stupid, considering that he took every opportunity to hit me and make me feel like shit, but I miss him. He's in jail being somebody's bitch for a hit and run. Serves him right. He was lowlife that cared about nobody but his self. I thank him though, if it wasn't for him then I wouldn't have my baby." I stared at the guys with tears in my eyes before we all looked at the empty chair across the room. There she was with a huge smile on her face and nodding her head. So she sent this beautiful girl to us. She was one of us.
"Can I stop you for a minute? Was this guy name Bryan?"
"Yeah how did you know?"
"The hit and run he did was on Blaze and his ex girlfriend Annie. She died."
"Oh I sorry. I shouldn't be here. I was the other women and she was your friend."
She began to panic as she hurriedly gathered up her things. Since I was still holding the baby I had the guys stop her. She sat back down tears silently running down her cheeks.
"No, no. Its not like that. We believe she lead you here. It was her purpose. Do you see that light by that chair? That's her."
"Really? That light has been following me since the day I went into labor."
"She died a week ago as you know. Look, your welcome here, but you will be living with me. I don't trust the guys with you. They're on punishment and might try to sweet talk you into cooking. Anyways, for now you can take your nap while Kyle Grayson and Dawson babysits. Blaze and Echo you're coming with me. What's your baby name?"
"Caramel. Where are you going?"
"To get some stuff." I smiled as I walked out the apartment with Blaze and Echo on my tail. In a sense we had our Caramel back, but this new girl had her own life story and background. We didn't know where we was going we just knew to follow that light. When we got there we seen all the stuff on the curb. Both hers and the baby's. This was Caramel's house. I shook my head as we loaded everything into Blaze's truck and went back to the apartment. After talking to Shakia someone we learned some things. She was touched as a child by her uncle, but nobody believed her. Before the baby she was a heavy drinker and smoked occasionally. She wanted to make a change she just didn't know how. I knew where she would start. How we all started a letter. She was one of us now and we are going to show her the love she wants. For these last three months of school she will be with us. She will go to prom with us. She will be at our graduation, and next year when it's her turn we'll be there with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update....