Status: My heart is like a new puppy. It has his freedom to explore, but rather stay close and be protected by you.

The Echo in My Head

Chapter Twenty-nine

Hanging with Shaki and getting to know her these past two weeks have been an experience like no other. She was so much like Caramel, but so different at the same time. After three weeks of confused feelings, mourning and mood swings she was a breath of fresh air. The baby, however, was a pain. She only wanted Blaze to hold her, and I mean only Blaze. One time Shaki was trying to put her to sleep and she just kept screaming her lungs out, giving up she handed the baby to Blaze and instantly she fell asleep. Needless to say when we were at their apartment the baby slept in his room. I didn't get it, I still don't.
"I seriously think my baby is in love with him. She's only a few weeks old, she doesn't even know what love is." She complained as we cooked Mac and cheese and some fried chicken for the guys. I laughed before replying to her.
"We all know love, but that kind of love is a whole new level." I smiled the baby Caramel was more attached to Blaze then the old Caramel. Thinking about her sent a warmth through my body. I turned around to see her standing behind me. By now Shaki was use to us talking to the light. Even though she couldn't see she understood that we could.
"It's time I cross over. You guys need to let me go and continue living."
"I don't know what your talking about Caramel. What do you mean its time for you to cross over?"
"She means that you guys will no longer be able to see her because she would've cross over into the light. In other words she'd truly be gone. Except for what's in your heart." At Shaki words my eyes instantly began to spill tears. Even though I didn't want to let her go, I knew it was the right thing to do. I looked up into her hazel eyes and tried my hardest to smile.
"I'm going to miss you so much. I love you."
" I love you to Kitty. I will always be with you. Right here."she said pointing to my heart."you're the best sister and best friend a girl could ask for. I'm so grateful for the time we had together."
"Me too. This isn't a goodbye. Its a see you later. Have fun and tell my dad I say hi."
"Will do. Goodbye Kitty."
"Bye Annie."
She smiled at me before wiping a year away and turning to walk away. All to soon it was gone. She was gone. I felt as my knees gave out, but I was caught by a pair of arms that I was all to familiar with. I looked into Echo and the rest of the gang's eyes, seeing their sullen faces, before burrowing my face in his chest and crying my heart out. I felt as somebody rubbed at my back.
"I'm not her, and I don't want to replace her, but if you want I can really use a best friend." I looked at her earnestly before wrapping her in my arms and pulling her close to me. Soon I felt another five pairs of arms wrap around us. This time Caramel was truly gone.
hold close to your heart what you hold dear. Nothing is ever truly gone. Just simple misplaced until next time.