Status: My heart is like a new puppy. It has his freedom to explore, but rather stay close and be protected by you.

The Echo in My Head

Chapter Three

The next day i was running late to class. I didn't want to be there, but I also didn't want Dawson to think it was his fault. Do to me over sleeping I was basically just strolling with the pain. It was starting to seep into my bones.

I had just closed the door to my car. I groaned to myself as I prepared to walk into the school.

"Hey." I jumped startled as I turned face to face with Echo.

"Oh it's you. Hi." I said dismissively. I could hear him chuckling beside me. I groaned as i checked my purse for smokes only to find none.

"Damn it!" I yelled stomping my foot.

"What's wrong princess, forgot your lipstick?"

"You're still here. If you must know I'm out of smokes. Great, just great."

He smiled as I turned to walk away from him. He grabbed me by the arm and basically pulled me back towards him.

"Let's make a deal, I'll give you a smoke if you tell me your name." He said letting a piece of his hair fall in front of his eyes. I couldn't help the blush that began to coat my cheeks.

"It's Kitty. My name is Kitty."

"Really? That name is so weird."

"Oh really like Echo is any better. Now fulfill your end of the deal." He laughed as he pulled a smoke out of his pack and handed it too me. I took it eagerly and placed to my lips. I inhaled deeply and blew out.

"I like you. Sassy and cute."

"You don't have the slightest clue who you're trying to hit on. Fair warning I'm more than what the eye might see."

"A challenge. I like that. How about we get out of here and get to know each other?" He smiled a perfect pearly white smiled. I shook my head letting my own smile creep across my face.

"Sorry I ditched yesterday. Quite frankly I'll have to get to know you better before we do anything together." I laughed as I flicked the cigarette bud away from me and walked towards the school. I could feel his eyes on me as I walled away.

Sometimes it's best to stay away kitten.

That echo was killing me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, recommend and subscribe.