Status: My heart is like a new puppy. It has his freedom to explore, but rather stay close and be protected by you.

The Echo in My Head

Chapter Seven

I woke up the next morning and to my surprise Kitty was still laying cuddle up next to me. It took a minute before last night's events came rushing to my head. I felt bad for her, I really did. At the same time I thought that she was over-reacting to something that happened in the past. I mean eventually you have to get over it. I should know from personal experience.

~Flashback~/center]

"Whatever Echo! Are you fucking kidding me? Can you actually sit here and tell me you see nothing wrong with what you did? You fucking cheated on me Echo! You cheated on me! I saw you with my own two eyes. Why would even considering lying to me about it?" I sighed as I ran my hands over my face. I had a major hangover and her yelling at me right now was only making me mad.

I only wanted her to get away from me before I said something that I knew I was going to regret. I didn't want to hurt her feelings and I didn't want her hating me. Either one was to much of a price to pay.

"Look Stacy, just go home and we can talk about this later. When my headache is gone and you're calmed down."

"No Echo! I want to talk about this now!"

"Well I don't care what you want to talk about right now!" i yelled my anger starting to get the best of me.

"See that's it right there. The absolute truth. You don't care about me or my feelings. You are nothing but a inconsiderate, selfish excuse for a human being."

"And you're nothing but a whiny bitch." i growled "Now get the hell out of my face."

I watched as the tears welled up in my eyes as she stormed out the front door. I cursed myself before pulling on a pair of joggers over my naked lower half and my sneakers. By the time I got down the stairs she was already half way down the block. I called her name twice. Begging her to come back. She turned and glared at me. She stood in the middle of the street debating with herself. I saw her sigh. I saw her take a step closer to me. I heard her say 'let's work this out'. I watched as a car sped towards her. I watch her body grow frozen with fear. Frozen in place. I watched as the car slammed into her. I watch as her body flew in the air and rolled over the top of the car. I watched as she laid on her back in the middle of a pool of her own blood. I felt as i dropped to my knees.

I remember blaming myself for weeks. If I hadn't yelled at her she wouldn't have left. If I hadn't ran after her she wouldn't have been crossing the street. If I hadn't cheated in the first place then we wouldn't have been arguing, I wouldn't have said what I said to make her cry and run away. If it wasn't for me she would still be here, alive and well.


i sighed as I found myself absentmindedly stroking her hair. The memory of that night had me craving a drink. A strong drink. Something that would knock the memory from my mind. Nothing like that existed, but getting it out of my mind for a day or so was just as good. I groaned as I laid there suddenly feeling trapped. My body was sweating as I tried to get loose of her grip without waking her up with little to no success. I sighed settling for just shaking her awake.

"Kitty. Kitty wake up. I have to pee." I said with a hint of a laugh. I never thought that i would be telling a girl to move so I can pee. It really has been a while.

"Okay Echo. Damn it stop shaking me." I laughed as she rolled over and fell off the couch. It started small, but as she tried to get up she hit her head on the table. I doubled over laughing as I clutched my stomach. No I really had to pee and all this laughing was hurting my stomach. I shook my head as I headed up the stairs and walked to her room. I grabbed my bag and headed to the bathroom. After I closed the door I did my business, before washing my hands and opening the bottle of Tequila I had brought.

For a minute I hesitated. Drinking on a empty stomach was always a bad idea. I sighed as I put the bottle to my lips, turned it up and downed as much as I could in a few large gulps. It burned, but I rather the burn than the past kicking my ass. I turnt the bottle up again and down several large gulps before placing the bottle back in my bag. As soon as I stood up I instantly had to sit back down. Empty stomach plus half a bottle of straight Tequila and no ability to coordinate equals, one morning I wasn't going to remember and a hell of a lot of sickness afterwards.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if there are going to be many chapters in Echo's p.o.v, but I thought that this was kind of important.