Status: My heart is like a new puppy. It has his freedom to explore, but rather stay close and be protected by you.

The Echo in My Head

Chapter Eight

I walked out of my room after waking every one up. I had to kick Grayson twice, smack Dawson, violently shake Blaze, Kyle was easy and Caramel kept pulling me down saying, "Give me a kiss." Later I found out she was having a dream about a dude she like. Nasty. I laughed as I headed downstairs to finish cooking breakfast. I hadn't seen Echo for about ten minutes, and his beg wasn't in my room. I asumed he was just taking a shower. I was setting the plates on the table as my mama came into the kitchen. The look she gave me was one of the dirtiest looks I've ever seen. It hurted that that type of look was coming from the same women that birthed me.

"It's not enough that you took away the only man I've ever loved, you have to flaunt it to."

"Mama what are you taking about?" my voice cracking as I stared at her. I was determined not to cry in front of her. I wouldn't give her the satisfaction ever again. Not after she made it clear she was never going to forgive me.

"You come into my house with five guys and a girl. You make noise all night and you expect to not know what's going on. I will not tolerate orgies in my house. I will not tolerate a whore for a daughter. In my eyes you not even my child. That went away the day you took my husband from me. Not everyone understands that. I want you to hear me clearly. You aren't my child and your nothing but a worthless whore. You should've died that night with your father."

My heart broke and fell to the floor. Again it felt as if I couldn't breathe. The tears slid down my face rapidly. I couldn't stop them and I couldn't control them no matter how hard I tried. I watched as a satisfied smirk cross my mother face before she turned and walked out the room. I ran up the stairs and pounded on the bathroom door. I needed my razor, and I needed it now. The only problem was that Echo had took it from me last night. I pounded on the door again.

"Echo! Echo open this damn door!" I heard as the click as he unlocked the door. He stood in the door way with a smirk on his face. His smugness was killing me. On top of that he was still in his pajama bottoms. If he hadn't been in the shower all that time, then what was he doing. "Where did you put it Echo? I need it. Where did you put it?" I yelled at him.

"I don't know what you're talking about Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiitty."

My eyebrow flew up as I stepped closer in his face. It was then that I understood. He smelled of booze. It was a heavy lingering scent. I groan and pushed him back into the bathroom. I don't know why I did it, but I did. Once in the bathroom, I pushed him out of the way and began searching for my backup. It wasn't anywhere. I groaned I needed my razor. I dropped backwards and sat on the toilet with my knees pulled up to my chest. The tears were streaming heavily. I lifted my head to see Echo on his knees looking at me in a funny way. I sighed feeling foolish.

I knew better than to let my mother's words get the best of me. She was speaking out of anger. Of course it had been almost four months, but still. No one wanted to hear their mother speak to them as if their lesser than the dirt under their feet. I wiped my eyes again and placed my feet on the ground preparing to get up. Echo grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes. Before I knew it his lips were against mines in a passionate way. It took me a minute before I pushed him away. Again the tears started.

"I'm sorry Echo. I-I-I can't. I just can't." I said getting up and running from the bathroom with even more tears running down my face. Not paying attention to where I was going I tripped and landed on my shoulder. I heard as the bones scrapped against each other followed by intense pain. It was obvious that I had broken something.

Sometimes you have to stop running and face the truth Kitty.