Our Wonderland

Perfection is impossible

(Chester's POV)
If there was one thing you could say about me, it's that I always make an entrance. Let's face it when you're as weird as I am you don't just walk down a hallway. Or get on a bus.
Some days I wonder if I should tone down my wardrobe. But the thought of leaving behind my rainbow studs or my dog collar, or even my dual colored pants sends me into a panic. It's who I am. Denying that would just be stupid.
"Hey freak! Go back to the circus!" Someone shouted as I walked down the hall.
Rolling my eyes I ignored them running a hand through my purple bangs (my hair was dyed blue, purple, and green this month) before reaching into my pocket to pull out my ipod.
"Mr. Shark please report to the principal's office right away."
Stifling a groan I shot the speaker an annoyed look before putting it away and making my way to the doorway of hell.
walking into the office I walked right over to the secretary's desk and leaned against it. After a moment she looked at me over the rims of her glasses. Shooting her a wink I held out my hand pretending to examine the baby blue nails.
"I was summoned by the overlord himself?" I questioned smiling when I heard her snicker.
"Yes you were, he's busy with another student at the moment so you'll have to take a seat." She replied doing her best to keep her composure.
"The inhumanity!" I wailed making her laugh, "If I must then I shall sit and lament my doom."
Walking over I plopped down on one of the hard chairs letting out a groan. I knew why I was called in. The principal and I did this dance everyday. He would call me down. I would go through my usual dramatics. He would yell at me about the dress code. And I would say something along the lines of : "Stop trying to shut down my individuality!"
Running through the familiar lines in my head I barely heard the door open. I did however notice when two pairs of footsteps started walking in my direction. Opening my eyes I frowned slightly when I saw the principal leading a girl over to me. From what I could tell at a first glance this wasn't just any girl. This was the FAMOUS new girl that everyone, (Even the seniors) were talking about.
"Mr. Shark I would like you to be a mentor to this girl, she has just started today and I know that if you take her under your wing she'll do just fine."
I stared at the principal for a moment before translating what he'd said. Which was:
"This girl is going to be a problem student but will less likely get in trouble around you."
Sure people made fun of the way I dressed or the way I talked. In the end though no one messed with me. Something that usually occurs when your father is chief of police. Looking back at her I noticed she was taking in my outfit. When she caught my stare she smiled widely.
"What do you say Mr. Shark?" the principal asked.
"If it's a request from our headmaster how could I possibly say no?" I responded throwing my hands up dramatically.
"Good, I hope you two become good friends." With that said he left.
As soon as he was gone I got up and headed for the door the girl following behind me. I planned on just showing her where the basic stuff was (if she didn't already know since the school day was almost over) when suddenly I was pulled back by a hand on my shirt.
"Hey where's ya get those nice studs? I need some new ones but I don't know much about this town yet." The girl said.
"There's this nice store at the mall I got too. Best studs ever there." I replied.
"Ya gotta show meh sometime! Those things are killer! They're almost as cool as your pants." She said with a huge smile.
Suddenly getting to know this girl didn't seem like such a chore.
"My name's Chester by the way. Senior, sixth class warlock."
"Name's Maria, freshman." She replied with a wide toothed grin.