Our Wonderland

All for one

(Chester's POV)
I followed Maria down the hall smiling a little at her antics. Already we'd visited the library, lunchroom, and auditorium. At the moment we were heading to the gym but from the way she was carrying on we were on an adventure to retrieve a lost gem or something.
"We have ta be careful. There could be traps anywhere we step." Maria said pressing herself flat against the wall.
"And what kind of traps am I supposed to look out for exactly?" I asked amused.
"All kinds! There could be buckets of water hangin over doors, or thumbtacks covering the floor." She replied peering around a corner.
"Is that so?"
"Yeah I've seen them before, at mah old school ya couldn't walk without stepping in dog poo." She replied with a smirk as I raised an eyebrow.
"Really?"
"Yes now hush they might here us!" She commanded shushing me.
Snickering I did just that following her as she continued leading the way. I knew a few kids were giving us weird looks but that was something I was already used to so it didn't bother me. From the way Maria was going it didn't bother her either.
"We have reached the cavern. Are ya prepared for what lies behind these doors?" Maria asked her voice smooth and mysterious.
"As long s you are here commander then I have faith we can overcome any obstacle." I replied causing her to grin widely.
"Good answer soldier!" She called before throwing the doors open.

(Adam's POV)
Dribbling the ball down the court I let the constant thumping push out the jeers and insults my former "friends" had yelled at him earlier.
"Freak!"
"Ewww! It's the gayboy!"
Growling under my breath I ran down the court faster and faster pushing off the ground as soon as I reached the net. When I felt the ball leave my fingers, then heard the swish of the net I felt instantly better. Even if I was no longer on the team basketball was still one of my favorite activities.
"WOOOOOW! That was sooooo coool!" Someone shouted causing Adam to flinch.
Turning around he saw Maria standing in the doorway behind her was someone else but I couldn't really see them in the low light. Before I could say anything Maria ran over, picking up the ball along the way, and gave me a huge smile.
"Your the kid I met earlier!" She said handing me the ball.
"Uh yeah, how's it going?" I asked nervously.
"It's all good! I met the final boss and he enlisted the help of a passing elf to lead me through this realm." She replied.
For a second I just stared at her trying to make sense of what she said.
"The principal called her down and asked me to show her around." another voice translated.
"Oh hey Chester. You finally coming out of the closet?" I asked with a smirk as he approached.
"No need cutie, I don't need to be labeled by the world." Chester answered causing me to bristle.
Chester had been a thorn in my side since before everyone found out. He acted the part but didn't fit the role.
"You two know each other?" Maria asked out of nowhere.
"Yeah little Adam here and I go back to freshmen year." Chester replied pulling me into a headlock.
"I am not little!"
"So you're friends?" She asked narrowing her eyes slightly.
"Well I really wou-" I started to say.
"Of course!" Chester interrupted ignoring the glare I sent him.
"Wonderful! Then that means he can join our club!" Maria shouted clapping.
"And what club would that be?" Chester asked amused as I stared at her.
Instead of answering she snagged the ball from my hands and started dribbling it down the court dodging imaginary players. As soon as she reached the net she jumped dunking the ball. When she landed (after swinging on the rim of the hoop) she turned and gave us the peace sign.
"The wonderland club of course!" She shouted.
....
Okay what have I gotten myself into?