Our Wonderland

Judge a book

(Sarah's POV)
Gritting my teeth I did my best to ignore the group sitting at the table next to mine and focus on my studying. You would think that once the last bell rang everyone would go home. Darting a glare at the group I considered getting up and leaving. Forcing myself to shut out the noises I started taking notes once more.
"I NOW ANNOUNCE THE OFFICIAL FIRST MEETING OF THE WONDERLAND CLUB!"
"There's no need to shout Maria."
"Why am I here again?"
"Because we need our Alice otherwise we can't be the "Wonderland Club,"."
Gritting my teeth I pressed the tip of my pencil down harder.
"I told you not to call me that!"
"It suits you though!"
"You're one to talk Mr. Cheshire Cat!"
"Shut up Alice!"
"You shut up you stupid CAT!"
"ALICE!"
"CAT!"
The tip of my pencil finally snapped from all the weight I was putting on it.
"WILL YOU BOTH SHUT UP! SOMEONE OF US ARE TRYING TO STUDY YOU KNOW!" I finally yelled turning to glare at the group.
Two boys and a girl stared back at me, and I at once recognized the fact they were all delinquents.
Maria: New girl whose grades were average at best.
Number of times called down to the principal's office: 12
Chester: Senior, grades slightly below average.
Nickname throughout the school: Chester the Jester.
Adam: Freshman, grades average. Former basketball ace.
Number of fights involved in: 33
They all stared at me as if they couldn't comprehend the fact was annoyed by their loud chattering. Grabbing my books I got up and headed for the door. I was halfway there when I felt a hand stop me by tugging on my sleeve. Stopping I turned slightly and found myself staring at delinquent number one: Maria Cross.
"Can I help you?" I asked when she didn't say anything.
"Join my club."
I stared at her like she was insane.
"Sorry but I have too much studying to do." I replied.
"Okay then after that." She insisted smiling.
"Look you and I live in different worlds. So you stay in yours and I'll stay in mine." I said pulling my sleeve out of her grip.
"That doesn't matter, besides it's more fun with more people." She said as I started walking away.
I chose to ignore her, though something in the back of my mind lingered on what she'd said.
Later that night I sat at my desk going over the notes I'd taken. I had to get good grades, I couldn't think about anything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHH! Sarah you so mean!