Our Wonderland

You scream I scream

(Sarah's POV)
In my world studying is the only thing I can rely on. Good grades matter more in our household then looks, skills, and creativity combined. Which is why I have no time to spend playing around or making friends. People usually see me as being standoffish. Or full of myself. Either way it usually keeps people away from me, which is better since I can study more.
But like I said that's what USUALLY happens.
At the moment I could only blink as I found myself face to face with the delinquent trio from yesterday.
"Hello Miss Sarah!" Maria said adjusting the fake glasses on her face.
"What is this?" I asked despite the little voice inside my head telling me not to.
"Maria thought it would be a good idea to study since tests are coming up. We're were hoping you would tutor us." Chester said adjusting his own pair of fake glasses.
I looked at all three of them. They simply couldn't be serious. I was about to say no when I thought about it. Tutoring would look great on a college essay especially if I managed to keep my perfect grade point average.
"So will you do it Miss Sarah?!" Maria asked sounding a bit like a little kid.
Running through my schedule I nodded.
"Fine I can tutor you three after school for an hour." I answered.
"THANK YOU!!!!" Maria shouted throwing herself at me.
This was the first time anyone outside of my family had ever hugged me. Without my consent my face heated up as I pushed her away. Clearing my throat I nodded again before turning and walking away.

(Chester's POV)
"Are you sure you want her to be part of our club Maria?" I asked as we watched Sarah walk away.
"Of course! She's the perfect ice queen! No one else would make a great queen of hearts!" She explained taking off her glasses.
"Ice queen is right. That girl never cracks a smile." Adam added rolling his eyes.
"Still if Maria thinks it's a good idea then I'm on board." I said patting her head.
"Thanks Ches! Of man potions class is going to be starting soon. We'd better go Alice." Maria smiled before grabbing Adam's arm.
"Okay have fun in science class kiddies I'll see you after school." I replied watching as Maria dragged Adam down the hall.
I waited until they were gone to turn and head for my own class. As I walked I could hear the usual whispers about my earrings (unicorns today) and my pants (I went with red and black checkered ones). It didn't bother me before, and it still didn't but the thing that made it better was the fact I was also wearing the necklace Maria got for me yesterday. It was the Cheshire cat grinning so you could see all his teeth. Adam of course got an Alice one, and Maria the Mad Hatter. Before I'd felt like a drifter since no one (Save Adam a couple times) tried to get close to me.
But with the necklace I knew I was part of something and that made me smile as I walked to class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww I want a necklace tooo!
Maria: Here you go!
Yay! I get to me the Mouse....Wait a second!