Will You Remember Me, for Centuries?

Chapter 14

Patrick decided to stop talking. If he didnt talk he couldnt connect. If he didnt talk no one would be interested in him. Patrick wasnt much of a talker anyway.

Brendon tried to start a conversation many times but Patrick kept his mouth shut. He saw what it did to Brendon but he couldnt do it anymore. He couldnt bring himself to talk anymore. It was like he lost the ability to bring out anything.

It was like his defence. His wall had taken over. Taken over his mind. Convincing him that whenever he spoke something bad would happen. Whenever he would try to bond or someone was trying to something bad was about to happen.

Patrick had made piece with it. Patrick was at piece with himself. With his defence with his own walls he put up to protect himself. He only wished others would too.

The emperor would get mad. Every single time. Patrick couldnt even bring himself to talk when the emperor desired him too. He was aware that he could get punished for it and he did. He got punished for it a lot. But still he remained a mute.

He couldn't care anymore. He felt numb. He felt nothing at all. The thing that kept him sane and what gave him hope was that Gerard made it through all these years. If he could do it so could he. He had to. He had to go on. He had to keep living and fighting. He had to for Gerard.