Will You Remember Me, for Centuries?

Chapter 33

Pete still stood there outside the crowd waiting for Patrick when he noticed him sitting in the grass with a stranger.

Fear spread through him. What if it was one of the emperors servants. What if he gets taken away again.

Pete ran over to Patrick and the somewhat older man. Pete saw Patrick crying and he pushed the older man away from him. Before he was about to punch him in the face he heard the angelic voice he hasnt heard in ages screaming no. He still had a hold on the older man and he shot a look of confusion at Patrick.

'T-thats G-gerard' Patrick stuttered softly.

Pete looked back at Gerard and he let go of him. Gerard fell backwards because of the sudden release. He crawled back up again and he was facing Pete. Pete looked at him for an explanation and so he gave it to him.

After a while the three of them sat down in the grass again and they let Gerard explain how he met Patrick and what he meant to him to them.

After Gerard explained it all to Pete, Pete was speechless but Gratefull. Gratefull for that Patrick wasn't all alone, that Patrick gave him strenght and he returned it.

After a while of talking Pete asked Gerard if he wanted to join them at their journey towards freedom. But Gerard declined. He wanted to make a difference here. He wanted to change the future for the new generation. There were still Kids who needed to be saved.

Pete didnt argue. Pete stepped aside as Patrick walked up to his rock, his support, his 'brother', Gerard. They hugged eachother and silently cried onto eachothers shoulders.

'I'm proud of you kiddo, stay safe, I will see you someday again okay?' Gerard had whispered in Patrick ear.

Patrick broke up the hug and looked him in the eye and nodded. And this was enough for Gerard. He knew that Patrick wanted to say these things back. He nodded back and Patrick walked towards Pete.

Patrick looked at Gerard who was slowly walking back into the crowd of Protestors. Gerard and Patricks eyes met one last time before Patrick and Pete began their journey towards true Freedom.