Will You Remember Me, for Centuries?

Chapter 36

'P-patrick?' the young man whispered.

Patrick never thought he would see him again. His friend, Tyler. Tyler stepped out of the doorway and pulled Patrick in for a massive hug. They hugged for minutes before they heard Pete clear his throat.

Tyler ushered them in and they entered. They walked into the living room and the room went silent in a minute. All eyes were fixed upon them. A lot of eyes fixed upon Patrick.

Most of them walked out of the living room except for a few. They all stared in awe at Patrick and he stared at them in confusion.

A small young man ran up to Patrick and hugged him. Patrick hugged him back and he could feel his shirt getting wet.

'Hey Josh, it's okay' Patrick whispered in his ear.

Josh looked up at Patrick and smiled a bit. Smiled because he heard him talk. He had heard it before in a quick moment but he felt blessed he could hear it again.

Patrick broke up the hug and he excused him for a moment. Him and Pete walked over to Andy and Joe and they couldn't have been happier. They told him that two years after they left, the Roman empire fell. The protests had worked and the emperor couldn't handle the pressure anymore. One day he was riding through the streets of Rome with his soldiers and servants and he got killed. Assasinated. They still dont know who did it but they were glad he was dead. They know they shouldn't be happy when someone dies but the emperor had caused so much harm, so much pain. So it was for the best.

When the Roman empire fell every slave was released including the kids who where in there. Andy and Joe had opened up their house to them and took care of them. They wanted to make their lives somewhat better. They would be there for him and the kids couldn't be any more gratefull for it.

Patrick walked away from the conversation over to Tyler and Josh who where cuddling on the sofa. They looked happy. Like nothing ever happened to them. He wanted to know how. How could they be happy with all that has happened.

Before he could ask the front door swung open and a long thin man came running in. Cheery and singing which made everyone in the house chuckle. He rushed over to the place where Patrick and the boys were. Patrick turned around which made the man froze. Patrick couldnt believe his eyes and the man didnt either. Patrick wanted to stand up but he was too late. The man fell to his knees and hugged him. Held him like he would never let go anymore.

'Patrick, I missed you man!' He softly yelled.

Patrick couldnt answer he just cried.

This day had been nothing like he thought it would be. He didnt think he would see all those people he had been with for years again. He never thought they had survived.