Will You Remember Me, for Centuries?

Chapter 4

Andy and Joe used to adore the Empirer. They were tought to respect him at all times while growing up. They were growing up to eventually work for the emperor. Not as servants. No that was for the less fortunate. Not as slaves cause that was for the homeless and poor kids on the streets. No they were told they would become great soldiers. The right hand of the Emperor.

They adored him and the entire Empire. But when they grew older and older they started to hate it. They didnt want to become Soldiers, they didnt want to become the right hand of the Emperor like their Parents. No they saw what he did to people. To the less fortunate. And they saw it at close hand.

When they were younger they became friends with Pete and Patrick, they played together all the time. But their parents forbid that. They told them that they were bad for them. That they were criminals. Bad persons. But they didnt care. All they saw were two very kind kids. Two very good friends.

Then there came a law that forbid rich people to help out the poor. Or even hang out with the poor. You could get arrested or you had to pay a big fine. But that didnt hold them back. It's not like Pete and Patrick chose to live this way. It was that killer who robbed them of their parents. They were never wealthy no, but not poor like the people on the streets.

They couldnt let them starve, they were still too young to do this on their own and Andy and Joe decided to help them. Give them food and water and try to be the bestest of friends they could be. Even though they knew it was 'illegal', they did not care.

They were shocked when they didnt saw Patrick with Pete. He's always with him. Patrick was anxious all the time and he really didnt do good on his own. His parents death made a huge impact on him but on who wouldnt it. He was just ten years old.

Pete couldnt explain what happened. But they knew. He got taken away by the emperor. They knew what he did to those kids and they didnt want to think about it. They couldnt believe their parents didnt do anything about it. They hated Rome, they hated the empire but most of all they hated the Emperor.

They wished they could do something, anything. But they were helpless.

They just hoped they would see Patrick again.