Status: Writing and posting

Remember Me

At first glance

“Carly, come on wake up,” The redhead’s blue eyes popped open and she immediately closed them from the brightness coming through her open windows.

“Mom, one of the main points of summer is being able to sleep in,” Carly mumbled under her blankets.

“Yeah, but it’s our first day in the house, so let’s get up and explore.”

Carly rolled her eyes at her mom’s plans and felt her body relaxing again.

“I mean it, up.” Her mother said in a stern voice.

Groaning, her pushed her body up and let her sheets fall down her body. She looked at her black clock and sighed at the early time.

Finally putting her feet on the wooden floor, she made her way to her bay window and pushed open the glass. She took a deep breathe and smiled at the salt taking over her senses.

After her parent’s divorce last summer, her mother bought the shore house to get out of town for the summer. Carly had never been to the town, until the night before when the cab dropped her off from the airport.

“Isn’t it charming?” Were the first words Susanne asked her daughter, Carly smiled at her mom’s efforts, and nodded as they unloaded her three bags from the cab's trunk.

“It’s amazing mom,” Carly said as she wrapped her arms around her.

Her mom had driven down the week before while Carly finished finals, and set the entire house up.

Skipping down the wooden steps, Carly grabbed a glass from the cabinet and filled it with orange juice.

“Good, you’re up and ready to go. Let’s head into town and have breakfast first.”

“Sounds good,” Carly said putting the empty glass into the sink.

---


“Okay, yeah this is wonderful and all Carls, but where is the good stuff?” Lauren asked as the two threw out their trash and headed out of the café.

“Be patient,” Carly said smiling.

“Fine, continue on,” Lauren said as they swiped their ID cards to get into the upperclassman dorms.

---


“I’ll have the French toast,” Carly said as she smiled and handed the menu to the tall brunette waiter as he smiled back.

“So when does school start up again?” Susan asked her daughter as she took a sip of her coffee.

“Uh, the second week in September,” Carly said putting her sunglasses and phone in her large black bag. “Thank god it’s not like other schools that start in August, I need a break.”

Susan smiled and nodded. “I can’t believe you’re going to be graduating this year, my little girl is all grown up.”

“Mom, please,” Carly said rolling her green eyes. “Not right now, it’s too early for this.”

She picked up the mug and took a sip of coffee but stopped when her eyes moved to the door when a small bell rang overhead.

“Did you hear what Tricia said about Garrett’s hair?”

Carly watched two tall skinny guys walk through the diner door. The taller one, but not by much, has brown hair, just long enough so he could flick it out his eyes.

She watched them walk across the restaurant and sit down in a corner booth.

The shorter one was talking more and moving his hands.

“Carly,” Susan said.

Carly blinked and looked at her mother who had her eyebrows raised.

“What? Sorry mom.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm so who do you think Carly saw? Wink wink.
Let me know if the back and forth is confusing. I kind of like where this is going so far.

Thank you to Arizonaskies for the lovely comment!