Status: Writing and posting

Remember Me

A bit rowdy

“So, we want to hear the story.” Were the first words out of Aubrey’s mouth when she sat down in the booth across from Lauren and Carly.

Carly finished chewing her noodles and looked at Lauren.

“How do you guys know I’m telling a story?” Carly asked, raising her eyebrows at her roommate.

“Lauren told us, now spill!” Aubrey demanded with a smile.

Aubrey was a short blonde dynamite. She was always ready to go and thrived for romance stories. She was like Cupid, always trying to set up her friends, and when they failed, always pushing them to get back out there and date some new guys.

----


“So my friends can get kind of rowdy, I hope you’re ready for that.” John said pushing open a bright red door to a two-story home on the other side of the island.

Carly smiled and shrugged a shoulder, “I think I can hang.”

He grinned and nodded before putting his hand on the small of her back and steering her toward the kitchen. All around them 20-somethings were dancing, talking, laughing and drinking. Carly felt like she was back at school and she smiled at the familiar feeling.

When she entered the large and bright kitchen, she suddenly started to feel shy.

“No way, you can’t drink all those shots and not feeling anything.” She heard one guy saying while the other starred into the shot glass.

Carly watched as two boys argued back and forth, while the guy she saw with John at the diner, watched smiling and shaking his head.

“Guys,” John said after a minute of the back and forth arguing.

They stopped and turned; the tall boy grinned and stepped closer.

“You must be Carly,” He said. “I’m Kennedy, John Oh’s best friend.”

“It’s nice to meet you,” Carly said smiling. She looked at John who rolled his eyes at Kennedy.

“Over there is Pat and Jared." Kennedy said as he pointed out each guy before putting the red cup to his lips.

Pat walked over to Carly and smiled. She studied his long brown hair and his kind face. “It’s nice to meet you, there’s drinks in the fridge, and the hard stuff is in the cabinet, so help yourself.”

“Thanks Pat,” She said smiling. She watched as he walked out and talked to other guests in the living room.

“Where’s Garrett?” John asked Kennedy and Jared.

Jared was slightly bigger than Pat, but he grinned and nodded as a 'hello.' His bright blonde hair was a contrast against the rest of the band mate's dark hair.

Carly realized now, that Pat was the one talking while Jared looked into the shot glass. The empty glass was sitting on the counter, surrounded by multiple empty glasses.

“He’ll be by later, he’s our DD tonight,” Kennedy said pulling out his phone and sending a text.

“So, you all have different houses?” Carly asked filing her cup with Jack and Coke.

“Kennedy, Garrett and I share a house, Jared, Pat, and his brother Tim live here.” John said pouring a mixture of alcohol into his plastic red cup.

“That’s cool, are you guys on the down low for the summer?” She asked, she was curious to see their lives while they weren't being musicians.

John smiled a small smile and nodded.

“Kind of,” he said before taking a sip of his drink.

“Our label thinks a summer off would be good for us,” Kennedy said behind them. Carly spun around in time to see him roll his eyes.

John shook his head and took another sip. “Come on, I’ll introduce you to people,” John said putting his hand on the small of her back once again.

----


“So wait, you guys just talked all night?” Aubrey asked holding her fork in the air, moving it as she spoke.

Carly nodded and took a sip of her sweet tea.

“Yeah, why is this so difficult for all of you to get it?” Carly asked.

“It’s not that we don’t believe you,” Lauren said, glaring at Aubrey.

“Yeah Carls, you know Aubrey gets crazy about romance,” Mackenzie said nudging her roommate.

Aubrey rolled her eyes and smiled. She reached across the table and grabbed Aubrey’s hand on the black table.

“I’m sorry Carly I got carried away. You know me.” Aubrey said. "But we know you're crazy about the guy, so we're excited for you to get to good and juicy details."

Carly smiled and nodded. “It’s fine, but seriously nothing happened that night. Garrett drove us all home and John promised to text me the next day.”

Carly ignored the second half of Aubrey's statement. Yeah, she was crazy about John, but nothing happened that first night.

“And did he?” Mackenzie asked before eating her ice-cream cone.

“Of course he did Mack, she wouldn’t be with a guy who avoided her,” Aubrey said.

“He did,” Carly said nodding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, sorry it was so short. Kind of having a rough week, but I hope you guys enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

Thank you to woah.itsjess and arizonaskies for the wonderful comments. You readers make my day better when I come home to those notifications.
Thank you to those who have subscribed, I greatly appreciate all your support!

I'll try and update in the next couple of days!