Status: Writing and posting

Remember Me

More Than Okay

“Ah finally!” Aubrey and Lauren screamed with grins across their faces.

Carly blushed and looked at her phone, which started buzzing on the table. She smiled and picked it up before getting up from her seat and heading into her bedroom.

“Hi,” She said.

“Hi sweetheart,” John said on the other end.

“Hi John!” Carly heard Lauren and Aubrey yell from the living room. Carly laughed and shook her head,
closing the door with her toe.

“What is going on over there? Am I missing a Wednesday night party?” John laughed.

“No, just hanging out with Lauren and Aubrey.” Carly said shrugging, even though he couldn’t see her.

“Oh story telling are we?” He asked.

She smiled and looked at a photo that was sitting on her desk. She picked up the frame and sighed. The bonfire blazed behind Carly and John as they posed for a photo. Carly’s head reached John’s shoulders as he slung an arm around her shoulders and she wrapped one around his back and her other hand rested on his stomach.

The end of the summer seemed like it was eons ago when it was just a couple of months ago.

“I just told them the night that we first kissed.” Carly said smiling remembering the bonfire and the taste of beer on his lips.

----


Carly pushed John back and looked up at him, before smiling.

“Was that okay?” He asked tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. His eyes were wide as he waited for her to respond.

She pulled her black cardigan closer to her frame and nodded.

“John, I’m 22 years old, of course that was okay.” She said rolling her eyes.

He shook his head and blinked. “That’s not what I meant.”

"I know, but yes it was fine," Carly said smiling. She leaned into his body and closed her eyes. "It was more than fine really."

"Well good," John said smiling and leaning his head on top of hers.

The boy didn't know her very long, but since she offered her towel to him at the beach, he felt this pull toward her. She didn't freak out he was in a band, she fit in with his friends, and she seemed like she wanted to have a full relaxed summer, like he did.

After a few minutes, Carly detangled herself from John's long arms and stood.

“Will you walk me home?” She asked titling her head.

“Did I do something wrong?” She laughed and shook her head at the panic look on his face.

“No, John. I want to head home and spend a few minutes alone with you.”

He grinned and stood up from the cooler they were previously sitting on.

“Let me tell the guys I’m leaving,” John said before chugging the rest of his beer. She nodded and threw her brown bottle into the trashcan.

A couple of minutes later John reappeared by her side and grabbed her hand.
“Let’s go,” He said smiling.

“So you’re sure that was okay?” John asked Carly as they sat on the wooden swing on Carly’s porch.

“John,” Carly whined leaning her head on his shoulder.

“Carls,” He whined back. She smiled up at him and he grinned. “Look, I like you. We may not know each other very well, but I like you.”

“I feel the same way John, that’s why it’s okay we kissed.”

He smiled and kissed her forehead, “Well, go inside and I’ll pick you up tomorrow afternoon to hang out.

----


“God, that’s so cute it makes me want to die,” Aubrey said before drowning the rest of her wine.
Lauren rolled her eyes but smiled at her roommate.

“It was pretty adorable,” Lauren said.

Carly smiled and looked at the background of her computer. John was grinning to the camera while Carly smiled sitting in front of him on top of a lifeguard stand. They often sat there as the sun went down when the lifeguards finished their shifts for the day. allowing them to have the best seat for the sunsets.

Carly sighed and closed the laptop, “I’m off to bed.”

“What? What happened next?”

Carly stopped and turned to face Lauren and Aubrey. “He taught me how to drive his truck.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this was lame, it's been a really long day at work, and I'm exhausted.
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! And I hope everyone has a fantastic new year!