Status: Previously called Sealed with a Kiss

Beautiful Soul

I'm Sorry.

“Alex, I like you. I really do like you.” Holden confessed to me, which surprised me. I couldn’t contain my smile, only because I liked him too, but I frowned shortly after, knowing I couldn’t let him know my feelings. Serenity was the reason to this.

“I’m sorry.” was all I could say. I couldn’t say anymore, even though I wanted to. I wanted to confess my own feelings. I like you, too.

“You are sorry?” he asked, and I could see the hurt in his eyes. I felt a pain in my heart as he looked at me like this.

“Yes, I’m sorry. I just…” I paused, “I don’t feel the same way about you.” I lied, feeling the urge to let the tears that were building up out. I just lied to him. The bad thing was that it was easy for me to do so.

“Just, forget I even said anything. It doesn’t matter.” he said as he left me. I felt horrible for doing that to him, but I had to. I had to keep Ander’s secret and that was the only way I could.

He turned back, “No, wait, don’t forget it. I like you, and I’m not ashamed of it.” he said. “I’ll find a way.” He said. A way? A way for what? I was utterly confused at this point.

He turned to walk away again without saying another word. He walked out the door without even saying where he was going. Where was he going? It was possible that he was going to talk to Serenity, which I couldn’t have.

I walked to the door quickly, fiddling with the knob as I tried to open the door. Maybe that was my body’s way of telling me to stop and let him do what he was going to do. I didn’t know. This was so hectic. My phone blared it’s ringtone, which was now a segment of Ander’s drumming. I scooted back from the door a little ways.

I picked up my phone, “Ander? Hello?” I answered.

“Alex.” was all I heard. He sounded upset. What happened?
“Ander, what’s wrong?” I asked, truly worried. Ander was never like this. The only time I remember him like this was when our mother died. He was so upset he wouldn’t even talk to Dad or me for at least a week.

“It’s Dad. He’s…” Please do not say dead, please Ander. “He’s dead.” Holden walked back in at this point. I dropped my phone. It hit the floor with a thud. I stared straight ahead.

How could this be? This is…impossible. It can’t be. I couldn’t believe a word that I had just heard.

I could hear mumbled of Holden saying something, but I couldn’t concentrate enough to make out what he was saying.

Holden picked up my phone after a minute of me not saying a word. He talked to Ander to figure out what happened, before he hung up the phone.

Holden moved toward me, “I am so sorry.” he said, coming closer and closer to me.

I held my hand out, signaling him not to come any further. “Don’t. Just don’t, Holden.” I said, before darkness overcame me. I collapsed, meeting the cold, hard floor on my way down.
-Holden-

I entered the room, knowing I shouldn’t have left liked that. She dropped as soon as I entered. She stared straight ahead, her eye wide.

“Alex?” I tried to call her name, but she didn’t answer. Not even one word came out of her mouth. “What’s wrong?” I asked, turning my head slightly to the side. Yet again, no answer.

I picked up her phone, wondering what had been going on. Her brother was frantically calling her name.

“Lex?...Alex?...Answer me!” he said into the phone. I instantly responded.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Who is this?” he asked, sighing a little out or relief.

“It’s Holden, Alex’s roommate. Why does she seem so shocked?” I asked, looking at her once again. She was in the same position. She hadn’t moved one bit.

“Our father…” he paused, “He’s passed away.” he finished, and I closed the phone, ignoring whatever her had to say after.

I slowly moved toward Alex, trying to comfort her the best I could, “I am so sorry.” I said, walking closer and closer by the second.

She threw her hand out in front of me, telling me to stop. “Don’t. Just don’t, Holden.” she said. He body fell, colliding with the ground almost instantly. I rushed over to her, immediately trying to find a pulse. Her heart was beating perfectly fine, thank god.

I didn’t know what to do. I lifted her head, slapping her face gently, trying to wake her up. She must have passed out due to shock. My best bet would be to take her to the campus medical wing.

I picked her up in my arms, which was fairly easy. She weighed pretty much nothing. Did she ever eat? It didn’t feel like she did. I put one hand under her knees, and the other one was supporting her head.

I walked the long walk to the medical wing with her in my arms. As soon as I got there, Dr. Pena rushed over, “What happened?” he asked, looking at her with worry.

“I don’t know for sure. Her brother said that their father passed away, and I don’t know. Is she in shock, or what?” I said frantically. Then is when I realized that I had said her and she. ’Nice going, Hold.’ I thought, mentally kicking myself for saying it.

“So, just set him over here, and we’ll look over him.” Dr. Pena said, his slight Mexican accent showing. I placed Alex on the bed gently, being careful of her head.

“Now, I need some information. Can you give me that?” he asked. I was kind of panicky, but I nodded. ‘Remember, Holden, say he. Not she.’ I reminded myself.

“Alright, can you give me his name?” he asked, taking a chart from the bedside table.

“Alex. I mean, Alexander Oakland.” I said, feeling my voice shake a little. Was I really that worried?

He wrote that down, and then asked, “Date of Birth?”

“I’m not exactly sure the year, but the day is August eighteenth.” I answered, remembering the night before her birthday. “I’m pretty sure he is seventeen though.”

He wrote this down as well, before asking the next question, “Do you know of any allergies to any medicine?” he asked. How was I supposed to know that? Aren’t they supposed to have that on record already? Wait, aren’t they supposed to have all of this on record?

“No?” I said, but it came out as more of a question. “Don’t you already have this on record?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yes, we do, but this is just to clarify. Usually, the patient would answer these, but since the patient is unconscious, it would be whoever brings him in, which is you.” he explained.

I nodded, understanding what he told me. “So, tell me again exactly what happened.” Dr. Pena said, looking up at me from his clipboard.

“He just passed out.” I said, “His sister called him to tell him that their father passed away, and he just passed out.” I finished.

“Hm, alright, I see. It looks like he passed out from shock.” the doctor instantly said.

“How do you know that for sure?” I asked, turning my head slightly to the side.

“It happens often to patients who have been told shocking news. Now, usually the patients have a small case of amnesia after, but it’s not going to be bad. It can take a little while for them to get it back, but sometimes, they won’t ever get it back.” he said, holding his clipboard with both hands.

“Wait, if he has amnesia when he wakes up, what won’t he be able to remember?” I asked.

“Sometimes cases like this forget what they don’t want to remember. It could be the past day, week, and possibly even the month. I’m not saying that he will for sure have a case of amnesia, but it is quite possible.” Dr. Pena stated, placing the clipboard on the table beside the bed.

A whole month of forgotten memories? How is that possible? Will she even remember coming to the school? Will she even remember that she is supposed to be a guy? Hopefully she would remember.

“There is a possibility that he just forgets little segments of the pass day or two. I encourage you not to try to make him remember anything. Let him figure it out on his own, if he even wants to.” he said, “It’s not good to force the memories on him.” he finished.

I nodded my head, understanding, “Okay, I get it.” I said. “Do you have any test to run, or anything?” I asked.

“Yes, only a few though. When we do, you’ll have to step out of the room for safety purposes.” Dr. Pena told me. I nodded again.

“When will he wake up?” I asked, feeling like I was interrogating him.

“Oh, it isn’t certain, but I would say tomorrow morning, maybe.” he answered, giving a nod.

“Thanks.” I said, giving a sigh. I was extremely worried, and it most likely showed, but I didn’t care.

“It’s no problem.” he said, giving me a smile before exiting the room.

I looked out of the area, making sure that he wasn’t near the curtains before saying what I had to. I walked over to the bed, stopping when I was beside her. I picked up her hand, holding it in mine.

“Alex, I know you can’t hear me, and you won’t remember what happened, but I guess that’s the way it’s supposed to be. You may not even remember who am I, but maybe that’s for the best. Maybe we were never supposed to even meet, I don’t know. I don’t regret one thing that I said, and I hope you will realize that someday, if not tomorrow. I’m sorry for every mean thing I’ve said and did to you. I hope you don’t take anything personal that came out of my mouth. I didn’t mean any of it, nor did I want you to think I did.” I paused for a second, “Alex, I truly do like you, and nothing will stop me for liking you. Not Oliver, or Serenity will ever end that. I just hope you know that.” I finished, giving her a soft kiss on the cheek.

I sat in the chair beside her, letting go of her hand. I rested my head against the back of the chair, falling into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so this chapter is a little bit short, but I had to end it there! It was so tempting to go on, but I couldn't! Haha.

So, this is chapter ten! How exciting!

I want to say thank you to everyone who had continued to read this! I really appreciate it! :)