Status: Finished, check out the sequel

How Many Times Can You Race Around the Tree Before You Catch Me?

Have fun trying to get this on the flyer...

"3...2...1... Hey guys I'm here with....," He paused to take a dramatic breathe, "Have Fun Trying To Get This On The Flyer," Another breath, "Why don't you guys go ahead and introduce yourselves."

Jake and Chris battled immediately for the microphone. Jake winning after shoving Christian to the ground.

"Hey I'm Jake and I say things politely into microphones," Christian finished dusting himself off and took the microphone, "I'm Christian and I break stuff."

"Well then, well come to the interview, now tell me where did this band name come from?" Jake motioned for Christian to go ahead and take it.

"Actually our TM thought of it." Bryan nodded thoughtfully and shifted waiting for an explanation that Christian wasn't going to give. Jake stepped in.

"She was our original drummer."

"So how did she go from drummer to TM? I'm guessing it wasn't due to personal problems since she's still here."

"Absolutely not" Jake confirmed.

"Yeah, actually back when we first started getting attention from labels she was offered a touring job. Her first tour was Warped Tour selling cds. There was no hard feelings and we knew that we couldn't force her to say no, she really wanted to go. In the end, I was asked to take her place while she went on tour. Immediately after that tour, she was offered another job and it continued from there. About four years down the line she came home for about six months and we all reconnected. She had just been back from interning as an assistant TM for Asking Alexandria and A Day To Remember." Bryan respectfully nodded as the story continued on.

"Yeah and we had gotten a lot bigger and when they asked us to do Warped this last year, as well as the EU leg and then Uproar as well as another tour after that, we knew we needed a new TM. No offense to Scotty but he knew it was time to move on. Even though Jax hadn't done this big of a tour as a TM, we knew she would make it the smoothest transition into a bigger atmosphere." Jake continued from Christian.

"It was also an opportunity for her to transition into bigger better things for her. She knows what she needs to do and how to do it. She takes care of us too. We couldn't ask more of Jax ever." Christian finished with a big smile.

"So with plans for bigger and better tours do you feel she makes it an easier trip on you guys?"

"Absolutely, most of the time we don't know what we'd do with out her."

Later that night, the saying couldn't be more true.

"Fuck, I did it again...." Mikey cursed to himself as his guitar string snapped.

He turned to say something to their guitar tech, but Jax was standing there with a guitar ready to go. Christian didn't see Mikey before he started the next song. This forces Mikey to throw his dysfunctional guitar towards Jax, and she to throw the new one is his direction. The crowd cheered as Mikey put the strap over his head and just barely had the time to plug into his wireless receiver before he played the intro to the song.

JAKE

"Thank you for being here tonight! Don't forget we have a new record coming out in the new year!" I paused to take a drink of water and let Niki continue.

"Now for those of you that avidly follow us you know that our wonderful tour manager's name is Ajax Delaney. She's done more for us then we could ever asks and won't let us do anything to repay her. Tonight, however, is more special than we are willing to forget. Ten years ago today is when we first met Ajax and it's also her birthday!" The crowd cheered as he finished saying what he wanted to.

"We actually celebrate it on a different day every year and we figured that today, on this great anniversary we should do that today. We bought her a cake and everything but as usual she refused to come out so we figured we'd share this all with you. This is our last song, it's called Mobile Bones. See you after the show."

We started the intro and all of our techs, Jax, the two opening bands before us, and the drummer from the headliner all came out each holding a cake. It turned into one big food fight as they started tossing the small personal cakes into the air. Kids were moshing while eating or throwing cake. I however grabbed a cake from Brian and slammed it down on top of Jax' head. The crowd cheered and she started throwing a cake at me.

This has to be our best show yet. If the smiles on everyone's face, including Jax', didn't confirm that fact then I don't know what would.....
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a new story, it starts kind of slow but I promise it'll get better!
Thank you for reading and I'll be posting a few chapters here very soon. :D
Comment, subscribe, rec
Thank you!