Status: Finished, check out the sequel

How Many Times Can You Race Around the Tree Before You Catch Me?

Ja Meille

JAX

Waking the boys up this morning was the most difficult thing I could have ever done. Mikey, Niki, Christian, Andrew, and James were up as soon as I promised them coffee. Bryce and Mark wouldn't get up. Jake was still in the back lounge. Why couldn't he pass out in one of the girlfriend bunks?

"Alright, The merch boxes are in the trailer. I will have Mark up to unpack them shortly. James, I need you to go to the gear and make sure everything is good to go. Take this flash drive and upload the new back tracks to the rig. Mikey, Niki, Christian, and Andrew will go get breakfast for everyone," I paused to hand them all their lanyards," I am going to go look and see if our schedule is up and get the wake up for Bryce and Mark. When I get back, We are going to pull the tent and workout stuff out so you guys can do your morning workouts. Do you guys need anything else this morning?"

"Yeah, did we ever get those acoustic shows worked out?" Mikey asked.

"Yes we did, however, your brilliant singer went and got so drunk last night that he only came back at the time I needed to wake up. I'm honestly about to go throw him in a vat of water because of it. I need to see if he's still able to do it." They all nodded knowing that that is exactly what I was going to do.

"Alright, anything else?" they all shook their heads.

"Alright, don't forget your walkie. I will go get ice, monster, water, and beer later. Don't do anything stupid," I specifically looked over the four band members," I don't want a repeat of the first Mayhem date..." They all looked down remembering the food fight they had started.

"Let's meet back here in half an hour."

We all left and immediately went to find the blow up to see if we were on it yet. Kevin himself was out there putting the names on the sign before it went up. The guys played third on their stage, meaning Jake had to be up. Especially since they were second on the acoustic stage.

"Good morning Jax." I smiled politely at Kevin.

"Good morning Kevin. Ready to start this?" He laughed.

"I've been ready since last year." We both laughed together.

"Actually there's something I wanted to ask you." We both walked a bit away from the blow up since it was done so it could be put up.

"Shoot"

"I need another stagehand and a stage manager for APMAs" I nodded.

"Yeah I can stagehand." I smiled politely. He chuckled.

"no, I want you to manage...." I was shocked.

"I never manage." He laughed.

"If you can handle the guys you're with now, you can handle some gear." I wrinkled my nose, a terrible nervous and thinking habit I had.

"You don't have to decide now, just let me know when you do. Kenny wants to work with you now that he knows you.

"I'll get back to you when I can, I just know that the guys don't have any off days. So, I'll have to just take an hour or something." I chuckled uncomfortably.

"That's fine, I'll see ya later" He smiled at me and I walked away.

I feel honored that he would ask me to do such a thing, I'm just not sure I'm cut out for that. The guys don't even want to go to those. They aren't accepting any awards and keep trying to decline presenting, which I turned around and told them they had to. I had to push the thoughts of that aside in order to finish my run. I made my way over to the ice truck after borrowing a merch bin and dolly from our tent.

"Good morning, who are you picking up for?"

"Have fun trying to get this on the flyer...." He laughed.

"Oh yeah we got a good kick outta that name."

"Thanks," I laughed with him," I'm actually one of the two that made the name." He shook his head.

"It's unique I'll give you that." He walked to the back of the truck and pulled a bag of ice down.

"Actually can I ask for a favor?"

THE BUS

I left the dolly with the beer, water, monster, ice, and the vat of ice water behind the trailer and went inside to see all the guys eating, except Bryce and Jake. Lucky for Mark, he had woken up.

"You took forever!" Mikey announced through a mouth full of what seemed to be donuts.

"Yeah I had to go get the boys wake up call. Kevin also wanted to talk me. Anyways, You guys play at 1:30 and you have an acoustic performance at noon, so Jake needs to get up. Bryce as well." I grabbed a muffin from the generous heap of them that the boys had brought back.

"Does that mean..." I nodded at Niki's half finished question.

"Sweet, I'll grab the towels. Mikey and James can grab Bryce and Andrew and Christian can grab Jake. Mark can grab the camera."

"Hold on." I went to the back lounge and grabbed the water cup and aspirin from next to Jake and went back out front.

"Alright let's go boys." They silently cheered before standing and grabbing everything they were supposed to.

I grabbed half a bagel and put it in my mouth before grabbing the trailer keys and heading to open it. I was gonna have the guys unload the workout stuff the second they could.

"Hi" I looked over and saw Chris, Ryan, and Josh standing behind MIW's trailer.

I gave a polite wave before dropping the trailer doors. Once that was done I put the keys on my belt loop and took the bagel out of my mouth.

"Sorry about that. Hi" I smiled at them properly.

"Chris, I'm the singer in Motionless." He came over and offered his hand to shake. I quickly put the water and the aspirin down just inside the trailer.

"Jax, I TM for these guys." I shook his hand.

"This is Ryan, Guitars and Josh our TM." I waved politely even though I knew them already.

"Nice to meet you all. I hate to cut this short but you might wanna take a few steps back."

As if on cue, Niki came out with Mark and the towels and a change of clothes for the guys. He was followed by Mikey and James carrying a very much asleep Bryce by his bunk sheet.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"Jake is situated weird so it'll take them a sec." I nodded. Mark got his camera ready.

"Niki wanna set up the curtain." Niki moved to set up the curtain in the trailer so the boys can change after their wake up.

"Deliveryyyyy" Christian sang as he came out with a drunken, sleepy Jake over his shoulder and Andrew behind him.

"Ah yes. Put 'em out a bit, I don't want to hit them." I motioned to the guys behind MIW's trailer.

The boys laid Bryce and Christian side by side on the ground just a bit out of the way. They stepped back over to the sides of the trailer while I grabbed the bucket of water and hoisted it over my head.

"Here's to a good tour, may we all come out of it alive, healthy, and with a helluva story to tell later."

The boys and I were aiming to make a spectacle out of this.

"To those that would not do it before us." Mikey grabbed a few beers and waters and spread them out amongst the guys. They all pulled out their keys and popped a hole in them.

"To those gone, but not forgotten" Christian dramatically raised his beer in the air.

"Christian, we're starting a tour, not going to a funeral..." I scolded him.

"It's a funeral if you're not drinking!" I groaned, my arms were starting to hurt.

"If it gets you to hurry up, fine I'll do it too. My arms are starting to hurt" They all cheered as Mikey popped a hole in one to have it ready for me. I looked over and there was a small crowd gathering behind MIW's trailer of their members and crew.

"Anyways, to many tours after this" Andrew raised his beer like Mikey and Christian had.

"To many one night stands." James raised his beer.

"To D kicking your ass later for that one" Niki smirked at James and raised his beer.

"And to posting this on youtube later."

"Ja Meille!" We all cheered as I dumped the water on the boys. It splashed everywhere and I dropped the bucket to allow Mikey to throw me my beer to shot gun with the boys. The MIW band and crew let out a loud "ooohhhhh"

"WHAT THE FUCKING HELL?"

Bryce shot up immediately and went running as if that would make the water go away. Jake sat up straight and looked around with blood shot eyes as we all threw our now empty cans into the trash can in the trailer. I took the trash can and set it next to Jake and kneeled next to him.

"Tour just started and you broke my one rule. Come on the bus drunk at an ungodly hour again yelling about how you got laid and I won't be so nice next time."
♠ ♠ ♠
Welp