Status: Finished, check out the sequel

How Many Times Can You Race Around the Tree Before You Catch Me?

Why

My voice raised considerably at the last part and finished with a laugh.

"Yeah but look at you!"

That's when I noticed the damage that I had done to myself. Christian had a few cuts and would surely be sore later. I on the other hand looked like I went through a shredder. My left pants leg was ripped and hanging by little, underneath my leg was cut up and I saw a bruise forming. My right leg was cut up but the pants were intact. Both of my arms were cut up and bloody and I had destroyed my jacket. I couldn't see my face, but I imagine that there were cuts there and my hair probably had twigs and other shit in it. All of these injuries would surely be accompanied by bruises in the morning.

"Huh, maybe I should've worn pads and a helmet."

The guys all stopped to stare at me. I must've looked ridiculous, covered in all these injuries with shredded clothes just laughing my ass off. However, they soon joined me. One by one, each of the guys started to laugh loudly with me.

"You almost die and everyone joins in a group laugh, we paired with a bunch of weirdos." We continued to laugh though Balz' words

"This isn't a first," My laughter ceased so I could answer Balz, "Last time I broke three ribs and Jake broke his arm. That was definitely a more high risk area." We all laughed again.

"Are you sure nothing's broken now?" Josh had come running over and immediately began looking me over, his TM side clearly kicking in as he grabbed my arm carefully.

"Back off bravado, I'm fine." He rolled his eyes.

"IS she always this stubborn?"

"Yup"My jaw dropped as they all said it at the same time.

"Ouch guys." My side twang painfully at that exact moment.

"But really ouch, I need a shower and Icyhot"

"and some stitches." I rolled my eyes.

"Where would I need stitches Bryce?" He point to the back of my arm.

"I can't see that area." Mikey took his phone out a took a picture. Sure enough, my arm had about a four inch gash going down the back of it and it was very deep.

"Is Jake awake?" Niki left immediately to go get him.

"What do you wanna do?" Christian asked. He was a little beat up too.

"Christian go take a shower and then I want you to ice your leg or else you won't play tomorrow. Mikey go see if there's any ice left and bring back as much as you can. James and Bryce go start on the gear. I am going to take a shower and then I'll take care of the cuts."

Everyone set off to do as I asked. Mark and Andrew started packing the trailer. My body was on fire as I walked up the stairs. I honestly didn't expect to do this much damage since I was wearing long pants and a jacket. Making it to the shower seemed almost impossible after Christian was out, it took sometime for me to strip and actually get in. I made sure to clean my cuts, and probably used our water supply for the night. As I was finishing up, someone came into the bathroom and sat down on the toiler. I assumed it was Jake with the first aid kit. I shut the shower off and wrapped the towel around myself before stepping out.

"The dirt bike? really?" He chuckled before motioning for me to sit on the counter.

"Well what's a tour without a few injuries?" He shook his head and immediately took out his kit for my stitches.

"You're lucky that I still have this shit," He pulled the gloves on after washing his hands, "I was gonna toss it."

"I'm lucky that you actually know what you're doing." He stayed silent after that.

For the next 15 minutes the only thing that could be heard was my occasional hisses of pain, the snipping of scissors and Jake's quiet humming/singing. He finished and cleaned the area again before letting me stand.

"Let's try and be more careful please, I only have so many supplies and you've destroyed enough of your tattoos." I chuckled, my eyes immediately going to my leg where there was a line going through my shin tattoo from my last accident with Jake.

"No promises brotato." I smiled and opened the door.

"I'm gonna change now. Do me a favor and go chug a water? You were trashed all day and only slept for an hour." He sighed.

"I'm sorry about that. It won't happen again Jax." He stood and left the bathroom.

"Good, now make sure everyone gets to bed at a good time, I won't be back until bus call."

"Where are you going?" Do I tell or do I hide it and see what happens? Well, I can't risk it.

"Going out with some friends from last Warped. Just catching up at the club." Jake chuckled.

"The club? What are ya gonna wear? A cocktail dress and stilletos?" He laughed some more.

"Well Yes Actually, I was..." He stopped immediately.

"Who are you going out with?"

"I already told you, friends from last warped. Stevie, some of the roadies, maybe even Lisa." My best friend knew me better than that. Everything I said was pointing to me lying and he knew that. He also knew better than to snoop and probably would wait until I had left.

"Just be careful." He walked away from the door.

I quickly went to the back lounge and texted Vinny asking if we were still on for tonight. He responded concerned that I should be resting. I turned the TV on and put on the guys last interview to approve. They had done an interview with Bryanstars just a few weeks ago and the guy had finally sent it to me. Making sure to take note of what needed to be removed from the interview, I waited for Vinny to respond to my text saying I would be ok.

"So boys, the ladies wanna know. Who is single and ready to mingle?"

"Well I'm always single, way better that way TBH, Mikey and Niki are both in pretty serious relationships, and Andrew might be gay." Jake laughed at Christian's answer.

"Well Jake, what about you?" He scoffed.

"I take the same stance as our TM. I don't think tour allows you to have a real relationship. I've had too many bad relationships in the past to try again right now."

"That and the girl he actually likes doesn't feel the same, or at least he thinks so." Jake gave Christian a stare that could curdle milk.

"Well let's move on shall we..."

I sat there in my towel with a frown, my best friend has been hiding something from me. I ended the depressing thought upon receiving a text from Vinny. It would be wrong of me to say that about my friend when I was doing the same thing to him. With a sigh, I stood and opened the back cabinet I had unpacked the things I rarely used. This included dresses, nicer shoes, makeup and hair supplies. My straightener and hair dryer sat there and I immediately moved them to the counter and plugged both in. After my hair was dry, I straightened it. After that I read Vinny's message.

"If you're sure. I told the guys I was leaving at 10 though, would you be cool with meeting me at the gates around then?" I read aloud.

It was already 9:45. I quickly sent him a reply letting him know that I would see him then. A purple and black dress called my name from the closet. Not literally, but I had not worn it since I first bought it and It want great with these beautiful leather boots I had. The boots were a little beat up, but with some tights and the dress they would look perfect. However, I quickly realized that dressing this nicely would look suspicious to the guys. Stevie would cover for me regardless though if I bribed him. I made the call.

"Hello?"

"Stevieeeeee, do me a favor?" He hummed.

"Depends, what and what do I get?" I groaned.

"Pretend we are going out with some people from that last warped we were on and walk me into the grounds. I'll trade you for a case of beer tomorrow." He hummed again.

"Deal. On my way." He hung up and I swiftly resumed getting ready.

I had the clothes on and I finished my makeup. A nude eye palette, red lips, and the most natural glow I could get finished out my look. My phone was in my hand, with my cash in the case, as I walked out of the back room.

"Hot damn! Who bought you for the night?" I threw the first thing I picked up off the counter at Bryce. Which happened to be a pizza box frisbee style.

"Hey! I was just kidding, but really where are you going?"

"Just out with Stevie and some friends. I'll be back at bus call."

I exited the bus before they could comment anything else. Stevie wasn't waiting when I got out there so I made sure the extreme toys area was properly packed up and that the dirt bike was ok.

"Well you clean up nicely."

"I don't know if that's a compliment or not." Ricky looked surprised.

"I meant it to be. You wouldn't happen to be joining a friend for a dinner would you?" So Vinny didn't tell them.

"I am joining several. Meeting up with some friends from the last Warped I did." I smiled widely to give an ideal of excitement. Ricky however looked slightly disappointed from his seat.

"Jax Delaney!" I smiled as Stevie approached.

"Ready to go?" He even looked a little snazzy.

"Absolutely." I made sure to rush away before anyone else decided to keeping playing 20 questions with me.

"So why am I doing this again?" He asked as we left the bus area and were safely away from anyone that would hear us.

"I'm going out with someone that I don't want the guys to know about?" He sighed.

"It's not like they should give a shit or anything...."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I stopped a few years away from the front gate area.

"Why hide something that they won't give a shit about?" My shoulders visibly slouched in annoyance.

"Because it's a guy so they will care." He chuckled.

"No really?"

I refused to date and made sure everyone knew it for so long that he didn't believed me.

"I'm leaving now. Call me in the morning for your beer."

The front gate area was abandoned since the show was over. Any fan hoping to meet someone was plastered to the fence in the back. This made it fairly easy to locate Vinny and the car that I assumed would be taking us to our "date."

"Good evening, you look great for someone that ate shit not even an hour ago."