Status: Finished, check out the sequel

How Many Times Can You Race Around the Tree Before You Catch Me?

Donny

When we got back to the grounds Vinny immediately took my hand and we went for a small walk before heading back to the bus area.

“So, where do you wanna go from here?” I looked around.

“Well I mean we have 15 minutes until bus call so…” He chuckled.

“We’re heading back that way. I meant between us.” Oh.

“I mean…” I stopped walking and he stopped as well. I sighed.

“I truly have enjoyed all this time we’ve spent together.” He smiled.

“However, we’ve only known each other for a day. Even with how fast things seem to move on tour I think we should still get to know each other a bit more…” Suddenly, I felt like I had just disappointed him. My breathing halted for just a moment while I waited for his response. Luckily, He just smiled.

“I would expect nothing less.” My lungs expanded again and I chuckled.

“You had me worried there for a second.”

Our walked continued in silence. He still held my hand right up until we were about to enter the bus area. He stopped me and pulled up face to face.

“Well tonight was wonderful, are we still meeting in the morning for our run?” I gave him a curt nod.

“Of course. That’s really all I do.” He chuckled.

“What are you doing on that day off?” I groaned.

“The boys have a show planned. Before that they want to go to Roswell though? Bunch of fucking weirdos.” We laughed.

“Well maybe we can do a lunch date tomorrow?” He asked hopefully.

“Well, I guess I could squeeze you in.” I wrapped my arms around his neck and he rested his hands on my hips.

“Well that’s not very reassuring…”I hummed and pretend to think.

“Would a goodnight kiss make it better?” He smirked.

“Probably…” I chuckled before getting on my tip toes to kiss him.

He smiled into the kiss, much like I did, before ending it.

“I will see you in the morning, 6 AM?” I smiled at him.

“Of course. Now I need to go round up my boys. I’ll see you in the morning.”

VINNY

I gave her one more kiss before she jogged over to her bus.

“This woman might be the death of me.” I eventually jogged over to my bus and hopped in right at bus call.

“I thought we might actually have to leave you.” I jumped at Josh’s voice. He was sitting at the table in front of his computer and Ghost was sitting with Balz on the couch watching a movie.

“I told you I wouldn’t miss it.” I smiled and began walking towards bunk alley.

“Yeah, I never thought you’d stop making out with the pretty TM from the next bus over.” I froze with my hand on the open button at Ghost’s words.

“I haven’t the slightest idea what you’re talking about.” He chuckled.

“Don’t worry, you’re secret is safe with us. It’s like summer camp, but you can actually have sex and it’s not weird.” Ghost and Josh busted out laughing at Balz’ words.

“I’ll remember that for when you’re girlfriend is here Balz, you won’t be participating in any activities.” They all continued to laugh as i just went to bed.

I couldn’t tell if they really had seen us or not, but I hoped they kept their mouths shut.

JULY 15TH
DALLAS TEXAS
JAX

Somehow I managed to spend all day with Vinny yesterday and today was going to end up no different. After our morning run we went and to breakfast together. Since we were the first ones in there he asked if we could do a second date which I said yes to. He was really laying on the charm and if he did it even one more of those stupid, cheesy, but cute pick up lines on me I was going to be putty in his hands. I think he knew that too. He kept going around with me throughout our breakfast date and we both ended up throwing food and being asked to leave catering. We only parted momentarily for me to get the boys up before we both went and changed. We ended up going for a small walk around the venue.

“So how are you just so charming?” I asked half joking half not as we circled around the blow ups tent to see when we were each playing.

“Hmmm, well, I mean I am just this good looking and so smart that I know exactly what I know you want to hear.” I chuckled.

“You’re just perfect aren’t you? It’s like fate sent you.” He chuckled.

“I mean if that’s how you see it…” i shrugged.

He started to hum and I squeaked a bit when he suddenly pulled me into him and we started to dance to what he hummed. I quickly picked it up as being ‘What A Catch, Donnie’ by Fall Out Boy and hummed along with him.

“I’ve got troubled thought and the self esteem to match…” He sang with a smile and I slowly joined him.

“i will never end up like him…” He smiled and let me take over for the Elvis Costello solo.

However, our nice moment immediately ended when Christians voice came blaring through my walkie.

“Hey Mikey is super sick. Might be food poisoning.” I jumped away from Vinny quickly and groaned.

“Is he getting sick?” I replied.

“Yeah, he’s been puking in front of the bus for the last 15 minutes. He wants to know if you’ll take over today.” I sighed.

“Yeah I will. You guys do have an early show today though. I’ll go over to the stage and prep everything. I want him in his bunk when he’s done getting sick and I want someone with him at all times. I want to see if he can make the signing.” I turned the walkie down

“I’m sorry.” Vinny just shrugged. He understood that the boys came first.

“Ok, Niki and Andrew went to go get breakfast and Mark is setting up the tent.” I didn’t reply to the update and instead looked back at Vinny.

“I’m really sorry. That scared the shit outta me.” He smiled again.

“Don’t worry about it. However, I do think that you have some prep to do for your day. I’ll be getting ready and then I’ll text you to see if you have time later alright?” I nodded.

“Alright, I’ll see you later babe.” I gave him a quick peck before walking away.

LATER THAT DAY

Turns out Motionless played just before the boys today. So while I was doing my warm ups I watched them. As usual, they were amazing. Vinny was clearly in his element and having one helluva time up on that stage. As soon as they were done he came down and smiled at me.

“Enjoy the show?” I shrugged.

“I mean Chris was good” He rolled his eyes and I laughed.

“Whatever” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Are you sticking around to watch the guys?” He nodded.

“Yeah actually we all are. Josh suggested it.” I nodded.

“Well,I’ll see you after then.”

I walked up onto the stage and began setting up so that when Breathe Carolina were done the boys would be able to start immediately, just like Kenny liked to do. Bryce helped me and James out before heading over to the sound booth like we agreed on. We had the drums set up and the guitars were all ready to go almost immediately. I sound checked everything with Bryce and grabbed Mikey’s guitars and lined them put behind the monitor board. I grabbed his wireless pack and his first guitar, as well as Niki and Andrew’s guitars before heading into the trailer behind the stage.

“Alright everything is good to go. Remember that Mikey isn’t there. I know how you guys are about stage presence so just remember that you’re making up for an extra person up there. I’ll be behind the board unless something happens. Please don’t make me run around with a guitar strapped to my back.” Jake chuckled.

“Alright, is everyone ready to go?” I looked between Christian, Jake, Andrew, and Niki. Once I had the go ahead it was just a waiting game.

“Looks like we have company.” I turned at Jake’s words and saw The MIW boys and crew waiting for us to start. They all gave a polite wave before going back to conversation. Vinny however lingered and gave me a wink before edging back to the conversation.

“Was that a wink?” Andrew nudged me.

“Andrew I swear to whatever higher power there is, I will castrate you one of these days.” They all laughed.

I heard BC starting their last song.

“Alright last song. Remember everyone, Watch you lines and presence. I want you guys to do good today. I’m proud of you now hands in” Like everyday we did our ritual.

“What’s today?” I couldn’t have stopped Christian even if I wanted to.

“Jax is gonna get laid!” He shouted it so loud that everyone looked into the trailer and I groaned. However the boys made it worse by making that today’s chant before they all lined up, leaving me to face palm and groan once again.

“I fucking hate all of you.” They clapped and gave a few cheers.

“We love you too!” Christian gave me a big hug just as the last song from Breathe ended.

“Alright,’ I swatted Christian away.

“Bryce we are a go. I repeat this is not a drill.” The boys chuckled as their opening music, the Mercury Lust remix of imperative Reaction’s Time doesn’t care that I remixed my self so the intro words matched Jake’s intro words and Christian’s first beats.

Christian walked out first starting the crowd’s screams followed by Niki, Andrew, and then Jake. I paused and gave the intro a second. Having not played with the guys in awhile, I wasn’t necessarily “show ready” but I surely could sit in the back and play some lead guitar. I hit off the hardest fucking intro Mikey had while I had one foot up on the barrier that made sure no one fell off the back of the stage. After that most of the show went pretty smoothly. Jake tried to call me out on stage a few times, to which I gracefully avoided by hiding behind the monitor board.

“It’s been swell Dallas! We’ll see you again soon!” Jake dropped his mike and headed off stage, not before I could get a butt kick in for him trying to pull me on stage. Bryce, James and I got everything off the stage while the boys cooled down under the tech tent.

“That went smoother than I thought it would” Bryce gave a snide comment.

“I know I’m not a show kinda gal but I can hold my own. That’s not the first time I’ve had to do that if you remember correctly.”

“Fair enough, but you need to work on your timing. You came in like half a second too early.” His voice raised at last two octaves as he gave his criticism.

“Was that a Bring It On joke?” He and James laughed.

“I will never win with you two. Pack this shit up I am going to check on Mikey.”

“Oh no you’re not.”
♠ ♠ ♠
4 subscribers? that's pretty swell