Status: Finished, check out the sequel

How Many Times Can You Race Around the Tree Before You Catch Me?

Quit

“You can use mine.” Ghost smiled at me.

“Thank you.” He motioned for me to follow him.

“Everyone’s in Josh and Matt’s room.” I nodded and we all went inside and upstairs.

“Get any good jobs?” Ghost asked as we entered the elevator.

“Yeah, took care of November, December and August. I’ve been covered for September, October, and most of August for awhile.” The doors opened and we left the elevator.

“Mind if I ask who with?” We stopped and Ghost knocked on a door.

“A Day To Remember mostly.” The door opened and Josh smiled to us before letting us in.

Everyone was spread out throughout the room, the balcony door was open. Josh, Matt, Ryan, and Ricky occupied the beds with Chris and Sabrina in the chair in the corner, and everyone else taking up spots on the floor. Ghost out his bag down and pulled out his laptop.

“Are you doing Parks and Devastation?” Everyone immediately looked up at us, which weirded me out.

“Why did you all look at me…?” They all looked away after that.

“Yes, “ I answered Ghost,” I’m in charge of stage management and lights for that tour. I need to finish that projection videos for that so thanks for reminding me.” I smiled warmly. Everyone looked at me again.

“We’re that tour.” I chuckled.

“Well looks like you’re stuck with me for a few months then.”

“Gross” Everyone laughed at Ryan’s response.

“The feeling is mutual.” Everyone laughed again.

“What did you need my computer for?” Ghost asked as he handed me his computer.

“Plane ticket to Finland.”

“That’s not completely fucking random or anything.” Ricky scoffed.

“No I just got another job this morning and I need to be in Finland on August 5th. Probably not that day honestly, but they probably just wanna hang.”

VINNY

Jax took Ghost’s computer out to the balcony and he went with her.

“Interesting girlfriend you got there Vin.” I rolled my eyes at Ryan.

“Don’t roll your eyes, we’re not idiots.”

“That is always up for debate with you Ryan.”

Ghost suddenly came inside. Behind him, I heard Jax practically shouting in an unfamiliar language.

“What the hell is she saying?” Josh asked.

“She’s on the phone with someone about plane tickets. No idea what she’s saying.” Ghost pulled out his phone from inside his bag and went to rejoin her.

“Pretty sure that’s Finnish.” Ricky noted.

“Finnish? Is your girlfriend in the Scandinavian mob?” Ryan chuckled at his poor attempt of a joke.

“Fuck if I know?” I shrugged.

“So you don’t deny that you’re dating?” I rolled my eyes again.

“I’m going to my room. Let me know when you’ve got a ride to the Roswell museum.”

JAX

“That took forever.” I commented to no one specific as i hung up the phone with the Finland Air booking line.

“Why are you going to Finland again?”

“Initially to do rehearsals with my friend’s band and then do their Europe dates that month and then here dates in November and December.”

“Don’t the guys have a tour then?” I shrugged.

“If they do then that’s their problem. I quit this morning.”

Not a word came from Ghost at my confession and it stayed that way for about an hour while I used his computer to send emails. It was only interrupted by my phone going off.

“Hello?” i answered.

“You quit?” I like how the band didn’t say anything but my friends in other places would.

“Yeah I fucking quit I’m not dealing with the fucking fighting anymore. I worked for them as a friend and I expect to be treated like that.” Jeremy Sighed.

“Dude, are you sure you’re not making a mistake?” It was my turn to sigh.

“No I don’t but maybe in the new year I could do something for them or something. I don’t know.” I really didn’t know what I was going to do.

“So are you not going to work out show on the 16th next month?” Shit, I forgot that I was their TM for a day.

“No no I’ll be there. I would never skip on your guys. and I already looked it up. I can still do the Europe dates, just not Bonzai fest. I have two tours I’ll be on in August in Europe.”

“Two, aren’t you spreading your self a little thin there?”

“No I’ll be fine dude. Look I have to go make a few calls. Can you send me those write ups for the Projection videos so I can start do light plots around them please?” Jeremy sighed again.

“Yeah about that. We don’t have any write ups. We never did the designs for them…” Knowing exactly where this was going, I groaned.

“You want me to do them?” He was silent.

“Send me your set list. I will start doing the designs. I expect fucking cake everyday. I want it on the rider. ‘One red velvet cheesecake from cheesecake factory for our beautiful, talented lighting tech whom we couldn’t ever tour or do without because we like to fuck up and leave everything until the last minute’ got it?” Ghost laughed a bit at my words.

“Of course, nothing less than that.”

“Now let me go and send me that shit. I will start working on it the second that I am in possession of my computer again.” Jeremy thanked me again before we hung up. i immediately placed a call to someone that I knew would keep me on the tour.

“Jax, how are you today?”

“Very well, and yourself?”

“Just going over numbers and plans. Did you need something?”

“Actually yes, I need a job.” Kevin was probably shocked. I always said I’d never leave the guys.

“What happened with your guys?” I heard shuffling on the other end of the phone.

“I’m no longer working for them. I’d like to leave it at that.” He hummed.

“Hold on, I need to make another call.” There was a click and silence on the phone.

“I’m going to take a shower.” I nodded at Ghost after he whispered. He wrote something down on a piece of the hotel stationary and handed it to ma before going inside.

‘Here’s the room number. You can share with Vinny tonight. :)’ I chuckled at Ghost’s note before pocketing it.

“you still there?” I coughed before responding to Kevin.

“Yeah I’m here.”

“Alright so Danny and Jose said they’d take you on as additional set up crew.” I smiled.

“That would be perfect.”

“There’s an issue though.” I sighed. There always is.

“There’s no more room on the set up crew bus, You’ll need to find a bunk somewhere else. I’ll take care of the rental fees.”

“Well everyone I know is full. I’ll probably end up bouncing around for the tour.”

“That’s up to you. Just let me know if you find a permanent spot.”

“I will, thank you very much Kevin. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Wait, there’s more more thing I need you to do for me.”

“What?”

“SM for the APMAs.” I hadn’t even really thought about it since his original proposition.

“Why do you want me to do it so bad?”

“Because you’d be good at it. I’ve watch you grow all these years and you’re fantastic at what you do. Why not?” I sighed.

“Alright, I’ll do it. But I can’t promise I’ll do great or anything, it’s all new for me.”

“That’s all I ask. See you tomorrow.”