Status: Finished, check out the sequel

How Many Times Can You Race Around the Tree Before You Catch Me?

Sweetheart

I frowned as I grabbed my things and left.

I made sure to grab whatever food I had on my way out the door.

Vinny was siting on the wheel well with all of my bags in front of him.

“thanks.” I smiled as I walked over to him.

“Did everything go well?” I nodded.

“Josh cleared a bay for you. If you want I can take all of this over there. Don’t you have to start at 7?” I quickly looked at the time and saw why he brought that up.

“I would love it if you could do that. I didn’t realize how late it was.” I quickly handed him all my stuff.

“I’ll text you when we’re done.” I gave him a quick kiss and went running to find Danny and Jose.

“Baby girl!” Danny called out as I approached him.

“Danny boy!” I hugged him quickly before grabbing poles and boxes like everyone else.

“Alright, everyone this is Jax, she’s new and will be with us for the summer. Don’t take it easy on her, she can handle it.” I chuckled at Danny’s words as we moved things.

“This is gonna be a long summer.”

JUNE 29TH

I closed the last door and hopped down from the truck.

“God damn I forgot how much work you guys really do.” Josh Handy laughed.

“It’s a handful mama bear, but we are the best in the world.” I nodded as he put his arm around my shoulders to lead me towards the rest of the group.

“That was a great pack up guys, remember that we have two days off and we need to be ready for St. Louis. That Humidity kills.” We all nodded before Danny excused us.

I grabbed my bag and immediately took a shower before heading back to the bus. Josh was outside closing the trailer as I walked up towel drying my hair.

“Hey are we driving straight to Missouri or are we doing the production stops?

“We have to do the production stops for this trek, too many days not to.” I nodded and finished drying my hair out.

“You’ve got another ‘gift’ on the bus.” I groaned.

The boys had done nothing but send me gifts and such to try and apologize. Everyone but Jake had been trying everyday to get me to come back. Between calls, texts, emails, and the gifts I was never left alone.

“What was it this time?”

“Why don’t you go look for your self?” I raised an eyebrow at that.

“Should I be scared?” He shrugged and walked towards the door.

“Everyone else on the bus seemed to like it.” He went up the stairs and I followed behind him.

Sure enough the guys were gathered around the counter, Chris had a rather large knife and his hands. They all seemed to be staring at something.

“She’s here!” Josh announced.

They all swarmed. I couldn’t even tell what questions they were asking me as I made my way over to the counter to see what they had been staring at.

Lined up on the counter were 5 cheesecakes from Cheesecake Factory. Each had a letter and spelled out ‘sorry’.

“Damn, they know me so well. It’s my cheat day.” I licked my lips and read the labels to see what each flavor was. The only one I wanted was the Red Velvet one.

“You guys can have any of those four. This one is mine.” I grabbed a fork out of the drawer and shut it with my hip before moving over to let them grab some.

“So are you ever gonna forgive them?” Balz asked as he ate his piece of cheesecake.

“No, at least not until the end of the year. They want me to tour with them and I can’t handle the fighting. You have to understand that I go home to these guys. We all live together. That’s why I’m going to Finland after this tour instead of going home.” Everyone nodded.

“Damn girl.” Sabrina said coming out of the back room.

“I wanted this one. I will eat all of it.” I licked the fork.

“That’s not what I was talking about. You’re so damn thin.” I scrunched my face up.

“I’ve gained weight since this tour started.” I put the cake down and poked at my stomach.

“Don’t you start with that shit.” Vinny said as he came out of the bunk room. He gave me a quick peck on the cheek before he started eating some of my cheesecake.

“Did I say you could have any of that?” I raised and eyebrow at him. His only response was to stick his finger in the icing and smear it across my face. My jaw dropped.

“You wanna fight mate?” He smirked and stared me down. I stared back/

“Hey! Lovebirds, go eye fuck somewhere else.” I rolled my eyes at Ryan.

“Shut up and eat your cake.”

“Anyways,” Sabrina also rolled her eyes at Ryan, “ You look like you’ve lost weight.” I shrugged.

“I’m not as fit as I used to be. I need to find someone with gym equipment around here.” I poked my stomach again and sighed.

“That’s not gonna help you with abs. You’re better off doing that shit on your own.” Ricky pointed out.

“Yeah, but I prefer that way. It’s not like I’m unheal-“ I stopped mid sentence as I realized there was still icing on my face and i fully intended on eating the entire cake tonight.

“Ok most of the time I’m healthy. I just do extreme cheat days.” A few people laughed.

“Everyone’s here right?” Josh counted everyone before giving their driver the ok to go.

“Shit what time is it?” I quickly wiped the icing off my face.

“It’s 11.” I groaned before grabbing my phone and dialing for Jeremy.

“Thought You’d never call.” I all but growled as he answered while sitting across from Josh at the table and opening my computer.

“I had a long day. Anyways, what’s this bull shit about a different setlist everyday?” he chuckled.

“You can’t limit us to the same songs for 2 months.”

“Uh,” I opened my video program,” Yes I can. You have like 5 albums of bull shit to pick from.” He laughed again.

“Well the most we’ll play is 18 songs. Anyways, which ones do you have done so far?”

I scrolled through the finish files.

“Ocala, 2nd Sucks, If it means A Lot, Panhandle, Highways, Wax, Violence, and Monument. What else should I do?” I took out pen and paper.

“Well Right now our main set list looks like Downfall, 2nd Sucks, Back at it Agin, Ocala, Wax, Monument, Violence, Document, Highway, Homesick, Best Of Me, End of Me, Faith, Hammer, and All I Want with an encore of If It Means, Lauderdale and Panhandle. Macarena will be our transition song.”

“Anything besides those that I should do?” He hummed in thought as I started putting together all the songs into an iTunes playlist.

“Speak of the Devil probably.” I paused.

“You guys haven’t played that song in like three years.” Vinny sat down next to me with the cake and started eating it.

“Yeah, Josh brought up playing it in Arizona actually.” I nodded as I started putting together the video for Downfall.

“Well fair enough. Is there anything else I need to keep in mind before I make you go to sleep?”

“I’m not going to sleep. I’m with my girlfriend.” I laughed loudly when I realized what I called him in the middle of.

“Oops, better let you go. You need a proper fuck before you leave for tour. In fact why don’t you guys just not leave the bed until you leave. You’ll both regret not doing that if you don’t.” I smirked

“Looks whose talking, you need a good fucking more that the queen herself ever would.” My jaw dropped.

“My sex life is none of your business.”

“You’re not missing anything!” Jeremy laughed at Ryan’s outburst.

“Goodbye Sweetheart.” I heard the phone click as he hung up.

“Ryan, Are you always a dick?”