Status: Finished, check out the sequel

How Many Times Can You Race Around the Tree Before You Catch Me?

Think

"Other than the 21st, for obvious reasons, no plans. Why?" He hummed.

"The 14th. Let me take you to meet my family."

My body froze. He had met my family, only because I called them that though. Now it was moving too fast again.

"That seems a little fast doesn't it?" He shrugged.

"Maybe but I was going to go see them and I just didn't want to leave you alone for a day." I couldn't help but smile at the thought he had given to this.

"Let's see what happens the day before. A day off might be nice to me honestly."

"Well either way I'm pretty sure the bus is going to Josh's house or Ryan's since we will be so close. YA know?" He hugged me tighter as the movie started over again.

"I'll stay at a hotel or something" my laughed ended as soon as I saw he didn't join in.

"You don't have to do that..." I sat up.

"No I don't but like I said from the beginning, this is not going to work if we move too fast," I grabbed his hand," I really, really like you. I want this to work and it won't if we don't take our time." He gave me a sad smile.

"I know how you feel and I get it. It's just ridiculous of you to stay at a hotel when we already sleep together every night. I'm sure my roommates won't mind." I sighed and stood.

"I'm putting my foot down here. You can pick. I stay with you and don't meet your parents or I do and stay in a hotel. It's too much for me in one day."

He stared at me quietly. What I was making him do wasn't fair and I was surely being a bitch. My mind wasn't going to change after two weeks though. We were moving too fast.

"You can't possibly ask me to do that... It's unfair and you know it." His voice raised slightly on the last words.

"Calm down..." His eyes changed when he noticed my shift in demeanor. He stood and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm sorry" I gently shoved off of him and turned to grab my things.

"It's not you, I just need to think this through." He grabbed my arm to stop me.

"No, please," he paused while he caught up with the thought he had, " you can call all the shots." I gave him an odd look.

"What do you mean?" Facing him, I waited for an answer.

"I'll let you decide everything. You don't have to come see my family or spend the night. That can be your day and your day only. Just please don't leave mad..."

"I'm not mad I just need to think for a bit. That's also not fair to you." He frowned.

"Vinny," grabbing his arms, I stepped closer," a relationship works two ways. It would not be fair nor ok of me to expect you to just drop everything you expect out of this relationship because I don't know what I want. Yes, we are moving incredibly fast. No, I won't leave you because of that." He seemed to perk up a bit once I said those words. He cupped my face with his hands.

"Then stay tonight. Please..." I grabbed one of his hands and frowned.

"I need to think. Just let me go shower and take a walk ok? I'll be back at bus call..." He nodded sadly and kissed me before letting go.

"I'll be back" I grabbed my walkie, computer, and phone and left the back room

I stopped and dropped my computer at the bunk before continuing on to the front lounge. AJ, Shane, Ghost, Balz, Chris, and Sabrina were inhabiting the couches. While Josh and Ricky were at the table. Jose, Matt, and Ryan must be out.

"When's bus call tonight?" I called out while placing my walkie on the charging station.

"late. Production has it set at 2 but we might just leave early if everyone gets back." I nodded to Josh.

"I'm just gonna run in and take a shower. Does anyone need anything?" No one replied so I paused by Josh.

"What are your plans for the off days?" He motioned to the seat next to him and pulled up the day sheets.

"Well tomorrow is service day. The 14th we are going to Scranton. 21st is the APMAs." He paused to click through the others.

"Everything else we are following production, why?" I shook my head.

"Just curious. I have a few things I have to get done as well so I might end up taking another bus for a bit. I don't want to intrude on the guy's family time" I stood and grabbed my phone.

"They wouldn't care. In fact Vinny would probably be more then happy for you to go and such." I shrugged, having gone through this conversation just a bit ago.

"I guess. I'm gonna go shower and I'll be back."

Stopping only to grab my towel and toiletries, I made my way to the venue to shower. We were still there past the production time so I wasn't surprised when they were remotely empty.

Most of the time I was in the shower I was thinking about what I wanted to do. I truly liked Vinny and he had shown me that he liked me as well. My only reservation was how others would perceive this. I spent years telling everyone that my work came before everything else, so why should that change now? What is everyone really going to think? Is it going to hurt my professional career? How does it look that I hooked up with some band guy?

That’s when it hit me.

Was I really going to let what others around me thought effect my happiness?

No, absolutely fucking not.

Never in my life did I ever get dressed as fast as I did just then. I left the bathroom in as much of a rush as I could without creating a scene. The few people that I passed I made sure to smile at in my rush back to the bus lot. My mind was racing with scenarios of what I was going to tell Vinny and how I was hoping this would go. For the first time, I felt like a child. I had ideas of what my future would look like with someone else in it and I was able to put Vinny in those scenarios.

The most ridiculous smile made it’s way onto my face as I entered the bus lot. His smile would probably match mine once I agreed to what he wanted.

“Jax!” My smile disappeared when I heard a voice I didn’t want to hear for the rest of tour. I quickly walked towards the bus, ignoring Christian’s calls.

“Jax please stop! It’s an emergency!”He grabbed my hand forcing me to stop.

“Christian, I’m not doing this tonight.” I pulled my hand away from him and continued towards the bus. Until he jumped in front of me.

“I think Jake OD’ed”
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn
I got 2 new subscribers :D Thanks to you guys!