Status: Finished, check out the sequel

How Many Times Can You Race Around the Tree Before You Catch Me?

Want

And that they did. I was still getting used to the set and Kevin kept asking me what was going on, I suddenly was presenting at the AP awards, and amidst all that Vinny really was trying to give me space. Andrew had come back and taken over bass again, which really helped me out. The only thing really wrong with the universe was that Jake wasn't awake yet. The doctors were still saying it could happen at any moment and I knew he would be fine. Bryce was still being a dick about it.

So now here we were, done performing for the night with everything packed up. Vinny had asked to see me tonight before we left, but I was still deciding if I was going with them for the day off or not.

"Hey, I'm gonna go for a walk with Vinny. I'll be back at bus call." Mikey nodded from his spot on the couch as I carefully stood and left the bus.

It was certainly still difficult to do much other than rest and perform since that alone took so much out of me. With that and mind, I decided to drag the bike out of the trailer instead of walking like we planned. The Motionless bus was on the complete opposite end of the lot from us anyways and I was tired. Steering and proper handling of the bike was difficult with two casts but I didn't plan on letting that stop me. I did, however, stop right in front of the trailer.

Ricky, Josh, Balz, Alex, Jason, and Pablo were all sitting around in chairs jut hanging out as I skidded to a hault, accidentally spraying the people next to them with dirt.

"Sorry," I frowned in the direction of those people," Still getting used to the casts." They waved me off and went back to their conversation.

"Jesus Jax, Trying to kill someone?" Balz asked as I threw the stand down for the bike.

"You were just so far in the back, didn't want to risk injuring anyone of importance." I shrugged and took the empty chair.

"Damn, I thought we were past these hostile words" I scoffed.

"There's no such thing." A water can was offered to me by Alex, which I graciously took.

"Anyways, the guys from CTE said nice show today." I nodded to Alex before I downed the entire water.

"Thirsty bitch much?" My eyes rolled involuntarily at Ricky' words.

"I have dry mouth from those pain meds and it sucks. The effects however make it worth it." My smile and glazed eyes probably told them exactly how I felt right now.

"Ah the joys of heavy medication." Jason took a drink of his beer.

"Yup," I stood with a small stretch," Anyways I've been requested by the small one." A few chuckled.

"He's in the back on the phone." I gave Josh a thumbs up before I went to find him.

He was in fact in the back lounge on the phone.

"No Ma, I haven't figured out what we are doing yet. She's still in a lot of pain." They were talking about the 14th.

While they finished the conversation I sat down in the corner and pulled out my phone. I was still looking into classes and wasn't really sure what I was looking for. The guys would flip if they found out I'm sure. Honestly, with the way I am now I was even considering not doing it even though I knew I should.

"Whatcha lookin' at?" Vinny pulled me into his lap and looked at my phone as I locked it.

"Just playing a game while I wait for you, mom?" He nodded.

"She was trying to figure out what was happening on the 14th, which is what-"

"I'll come with you." My words interrupted him.

"Really?" He seemed kinda shocked.

"Don't act so surprised, I know that it's what you want and it's not going to be a problem." He nodded.

"Alright well I guess I'll let her know..." His silence kind of worried me after he finished his sentence.

"Is something wrong?" I asked after a few minutes.

"I just don't want you to only be doing it because I want you to. Is this really want you want?"

"Of course Vin. I only do what I want to do." He nodded.

That seemed to be the end of that issue, the 14th came and went without much issue. Other than the guys being pissed that I went with Vinny. They hadn't decided if they were going to fully trust him yet, but he did more for me than they did currently sothey knew better than to argue. Our set improved dramatically everyday, I spent my mornings practicing if I could and at night sometimes I would practice some more before bed.