Status: Finished, check out the sequel

How Many Times Can You Race Around the Tree Before You Catch Me?

Vinny

The only reply I could give was the small confirmation. I held my arms out a bit and she wrinkled her nose before stepping closer and wrapping her arms around my torso with her head on my chest. I wrapped mine arms around her shoulders and place my chin on her head.

"I don't want to lose my best friend because of some stupid fights...." She trailed off and I could only sigh.

"I don't either, but...." I stopped, I cannot believe I'm saying this...

"What?" She picked her head up and stared at me.

"Maybe doing that tour with ADTR would be a good option for now. It'll give us time apart and we'll be writing anyway right?" She shrugged and pulled away, tapping my knee so I would move.

"Yeah you're probably right." I hopped off of the case and she moved it back into the trailer.

"Wanna do me a favor and go get me all of the walkies from the counter and bring me my suitcase?" I silently walked away.

JAX

I quickly replaced the case back in the trailer and raised the door, making sure to grab the gaff tape, before Jake came back to me.

"This one right, not your back pack?" I nodded as he placed it next to me, his other hand full of walkie talkies.

"Why did you want all 6 walkies?"

"Well there's one for me, one for Bryce, one for Mark, one for James, one for you, and the other three are given to the others in pairs or if we end up bringing in that sound guy." I took all but two and hooked them to the top of my pants after adding a piece of tape to the front of each.

"When did we agree on a sound guy?" I took one of the remaining walkies in his hand and ripped a strip of tape off to place on the front of it.

"We didn't, but I can't be at the board and do your monitors and gear." I took the sharpie out of my pocket and wrote "dicksucker" across the tape and handed it to Jake with a smile.

"Haha very funny. Why not just tech for Niki and mikey and have Bryce do sound? He's good at it." He rolled his eyes before hooking the walkie to his belt and looping the additional talk piece to his pocket.

"I thought so. That could work, I'll talk with them about it later." I repeated the process with the second walkie but instead let Jake write the name.

"Head bitch?" I read off. He smiled proudly.

"Whatever. Can you go find production and get in line to pick up our file please, I'm just gonna label the bays and cabinets and give everyone their spot so we don't have a repeat of the last bus incident." Jake just sighed remembering the mini flight between Christian and Andrew.

"Yeah I will. Do you want me to see if there's any food too?" I nodded.

"Yeah. We are going to do one Walmart run when the guys get here. I want to give you guys some food options." He nodded.

"Ok I'll see you in a bit." He walked away and I moved to the side of the bus that did not have the door.

I opened the forward most bay and put my bag in next to the small arsenal of cleaning and maintenance supplies. I moved on and opened every other bay on this side, except the generator bay, before going to the other side and opening the ones there. I stretched out and ran a long stretch of gaff tape in between each door to separate the compartments. I continued by dividing each bay in half.

"Production is behind the mainstages." Jake's voice came through my walkie causing me to jump and hit my head on the top of the bay.

"Shitdicks." I kinda just rolled over and laid on my back in the bay with my legs dangling over the side.

"The line is kinda small, want me to just grab it and head back?" I winced and put my hand on the back of my head where I hit it, I was bleeding.

"Yeah, bring it back. Can you grab me some ice too if possible?" I carefully got out of the bay with my eyes closed and made sure to keep pressure on my small wound.

"Why do we need ice?" I would have replied but I ran into someone and fell down.

"son of a bitch" I groaned when my head made contact with the ground.

"I am so sorry are you ok?!" I opened my eyes and saw a guy standing there and the bus door from the bus next to us open.

I ignored him and sat up. I grabbed for my walkie ignoring the guy.

"I hit my head. i'm bleeding a bit and fell again after that. I'm fine, just need some ice." I put my hand on my head again and pulled back seeing more blood.

"I'm so sorry! Here, let me help-" I held my hand up to silence him.

"It's ok I was already hurt haha." I stood and turned to look back at the guy.

He was my height with black short hair and in set eyes. He was wearing a tank top and basketball shorts. He kept staring at me.

"Do you need ice?" He asked.

"One of my guys is bringing some back in a bit, thanks though." I smiled.

"Nonsense, I'll be right back." He ran up into the bus and I stood there.

"Do you want me to bring the tour medic?" Jake asked over the walkie.

"No, I'm fine." Just as I replaced the walkie the guy came back with a small baggie of ice.

"Here." I smiled and accepted the bag with the hand that had been on my head, hoping he would ignore the blood.

"Thanks." He smiled back.

"It's the least I could do. I did knock you down. My apologies..." He trailed off asking for my name.

"Jax." I held my clean hand out to him. He took it and shook it.

"Vinny. Who are you out with?" I sighed.

"Have Fun Trying To Get This On The Flyer, I'm their Tour Manager and sound tech." He nodded.

"What about you?" I continued.

"I'm the touring drummer for Motionless in White." I paused and looked at the bus.

"I forgot they, you guys were on this tour." He chuckled.

"You say that like it's a bad thing..." I laughed.

"Well, it's definitely not a bad thing. I'll probably be hiding my inner fan though." He smirked.

"Ahh you're a fan." I chuckled.

"Guilty as charged." We both laughed together, I only stopped when my head started hurting.

"You're bleeding."

"Yeah I know, I need to take care of that." He grabbed my arm when I tried to walk away.

"Let me help, I did make it worse." he said while opening his bus door.

"Alright but it's gotta be quick, I have to go do world war three prevention." He chuckled as we walked up the stairs.

"What's that?" He motioned for me to sit down on the couch and opened a cabinet pulling out paper towels and a first aid kit.

"Oh the guys all like to fight all the fucking time. It's pretty natural so I label everyone's 'area' before they get on the bus. It's like babysitting 5 year olds." He chuckled while digging through the first aid kit.

"Well everyone here is pretty calm, as far as I know at least." He pulled out some antiseptic spray and grab a paper towel.

"Is this your first tour with the guys?" I moved the ice bag when he sat down next to me and turned so he could do as he pleased.

"First tour ever." I raised my eye brows in shock before wincing as he wiped the back of my head.

"Wow, congrats." He threw the paper towel and then came back to repeat the process.

This continued in silence for a few minutes until he finished washing my ice bag off.

"Well thank you Vinny, I appreciate the help." He smiled and walked me out.

"Anytime, preferably next time when you're not bleeding." I chuckled.

"No promises, this is warped tour." I winked at him before walking towards the trailers.
♠ ♠ ♠
ANOTHER SUBSCRIBER