Status: Finished, check out the sequel

How Many Times Can You Race Around the Tree Before You Catch Me?

Change Your Mind

"Jax!" I stopped and Jake came running over, production folder in one hand and ice in the other.

"Thanks but I got some ice already." I grabbed the folder from him and walked into the bus with him behind me.

"From where?" He asked once we were situated at the table across from each other.

"The bus next door. I ran into one of them trying to get bak in here. He cleaned my head and gave me ice. It stopped bleeding." I opened the folder and saw our bus papers and a few sheets with our laminates and our tour book.

"Here ya go." I placed Jake's laminate next to him and moved the other guys' to the counter behind me.

"What time are the other guys getting here?" I took my phone out of my pocket to check the time.

"Should be here any second." Jake left for the back room leaving me alone to finish going through the papers.

I used my alone time to finish labeling the cabinets and hanging the day sheet folder. I also placed the bus papers on the dash for john to place where he wanted. I looked at my phone and saw that I had enough time to go on a jog.

"Jake?" I called out when I walked into the bunk area.

He didn't respond so I peeked into his bunk and saw that he was asleep. I smiled and closed his curtain and walked back out to pull my running clothes out of my bag.

"Well, Long time no see." I looked behind me and chuckled when I saw Vinny putting his suitcase into a bay.

"No kidding, what brings you here this time of day?" I played along.

"Just getting ready to go for a run, you?"

"Actually, same. I'm just grabbing my clothes and shoes." He closed his bay as I stood with the items I needed.

"Well, wanna make it a date?" I pretended to be thinking.

"Yes, I'd love to make a sweaty run in Texas in the middle of summer a date." He smiled as I walked away.

"Great I'll pick you up in 5."

I quickly changed and came back out to see Vinny leaning against the bus.

"Ready to go?" I nodded and we took off running.

We ran around the entire festival ground twice and weaved through it a few times. We got to know each other a little bit while running and found out we actually have quite a bit in common. We finally stopped a little bit later on a small shaded area to stretch and rest.

"You're here by chance, it's great that you are doing what you love." I smiled.

"Thanks, I actually still feel like I'm dreaming. One day I'm in school, the next day I'm living my dream." I smiled.

"Yeah I know exactly what that feels like. I just got the right chance to prove myself." He smiled back.

"And you got to continue with your best friends." I nodded before gasping and trying to find my phone.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"The guys were supposed to be here soon and I forgot my phone and walkie!" I stood immediately.

"Well then let's head back, I'll race ya." He smirked and I raised my eyebrows.

"It's gonna be kinda sad when you're beat by a girl isn't it?"

Instead of answering he took off running, I quickly followed on his heels. We fought to be the first one there and he ended up beating me.

"That's not fair you cheated!" He chuckled.

"No I grasped an opportunity."

"Whatever." I waved for him to follow me onto my bus and quickly checked my phone and Jake's bunk.

He was still asleep and I had no messages. I came back out to the living area and grab two water bottle s, handing him one while I tried to call Mikey. It went straight to voicemail and I left one telling to call em when he got this. I also quickly sent everyone a text.

"Find your boys?" Vinny was sitting in the drivers seat and I sat in the seat in the stairs area.

"No, to be honest they probably missed their flight and didn't want to tell me." He laughed loudly.

"Well you have your hands full." I nodded.

"I need to go find our stage manager, I haven't met him yet and I'll feel bad if I don't do that before tomorrow." I stood and stretched.

"Fair enough, I am going to go make use of the venue's shower." I nodded and moved so he could walked out the door. I went to walk to the back to use our shower since no one else was here when he stopped at the bottom.

"Jax" He stopped me and I looked back at him.

"I don't usually do this, but would you like to have dinner sometime?" I looked into the bus to make sure no one was listening.

"That depends, how do I know this isn't just a tour thing?" He chuckled.

"I haven't done enough tours to even get that reference, but you're pretty cool. Maybe I'll just have to spend the whole tour trying to earn that dinner." He gave a small wave before closing the door.

That was when I decide to let him take me out to dinner. Right now, I had to go find our Stage Manager. I quickly showered and made sure to grab both my phone and walkie before leaving. Once I found him we talked over gear and I made sure to apologize in advance for any issues the boys gave him. Kenny only laughed and promised that he would not not let it past him. I finished my day by moving all the guys gear into the tech area for our stage so that it would be ready for tomorrow.
When I came back there was a note taped to our bus door.

"Just in case you change your mind" I read out loud. Vinny's name and number followed the words.

I pulled out my phone and sent him a text before going inside to wait for the guys.

"You can meet me at 6:30 tomorrow for another run :)"