Status: Please read to find out more

Adrienne

Halloween

"Adrienne! Are you coming or not?" Hannah yells as she walks into the abandoned house. I reluctantly follow behind her, my heart racing, sweat dripping from my forehead.
"Speed up, bitch!" Hannah giggles.
"Hannah, I can only walk so fucking fast", I said smiling. Hannah has been my best friend since third grade. She's one of the most important people in my life. She's been there for me through everything.
As we walk into the house, I see a small coffee table with Hannah, Jake, and Crystal sitting around it. Only enough space left for me. As I sit down, I notice the ouija board on the table.
"What the fuck are y'all doing?" My heart pounded a little faster.
"We wanna see if it works!" Jake said excitedly.
"You're fucking crazy." I tried to stand up, only to have Hannah grab my hand and pull me back down. Jake placed the planchette on the board, trying his damnedest to provoke whatever it is he came to see. When the board was unresponsive, he threw it onto the floor.
"Fuck this. I'm going home," he says. He takes Crystal by her hand and walks out of the house, with Hannah and I following behind.
As I climbed into the front seat of her car, I hear a woman's voice giggling. I looked back at the house as Hannah drove away, not seeing anything.
About 20 minutes later we arrived back at Hannah's. I walked into her room and sat on the floor.
"Do you want Ziggy or the hookah?" She asks.
"Ziggy. Then we'll switch."
I grabbed the bong and packed a bowl. Soon I was higher than I planned on being. I handed Ziggy to Hannah and put the hose from the hookah in my mouth, tasting the apple martini flavored tobacco.
"Hannah, did you hear that voice at the house?"
"What voice?" She coughed, her face bright red.
"It sounded like a woman giggling." I played with the end of the hose in my mouth while taking a drag.
"I think you're hearing shit. I didn't hear anything. I'm kinda pissed off I wasted my gas."
"Maybe so, maybe I'm going crazy." I climbed onto her bed, replaying the sound of the woman's voice in my head. Slowly drifting to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is chapter is describing Adrienne's first schizophrenic episode. She has no idea what's to come.